Smelly liquid coming out me pipe

Anybody else got this, perhaps it’s the hot weather increasing bacteria growth.

I mean I twisted me knob and the stink was horrendous.

You guessed it I’m talking about me windscreen washers.
Now I’m no stranger to pungent smells and many a time I’ve turned and looked at the other cheek to spare a ladies blushes but OMG the rancid stink from me washers is shocking.

I’m considering adding a capfull of bleach.

Anyone else suffering from this…
I had the air-con on as well so not sure if the two are connected.

I have been known to add a drop of two of meths to the washer bottle to aid antifreezing. So I doubt adding a drop of bleach and flushing out your pipes before refilling would do much harm in preparation for winter

Happens when not been used for a while, try emptying the tank and starting again :smiley:

You can get legionaires disease from breathing in the mist from stale wash bottle water .
I thought the thread was about a STI or STD.

I laid a smelly pipe the other night…

It was a kinda discharge…

Wasnt there a story a while ago about the dangers of befouled washer water causing a disease risk?

Being Dipper, the disease he’d probably get from his washer bottle would be the clap :smiley:

Legionaries.

Don’t ignore it. Empty the bottle and refill with proper screenwash.

Steve-o:
Legionaries.

^^^^ that’s the one. Ignore it at your peril, it can really ■■■■ your day up.

Edit to add; was that you I flashed out of a layby A1 s/b near Newark today in the T range pulling a box Dipper?

James the cat:
Being Dipper, the disease he’d probably get from his washer bottle would be the clap :smiley:

would it not be the other way round with the bottle catching it??.. :smiley:
bung in some tfl and skoosh it dry a Cpl of times and the caustic in the tfl will cleanse the lot…

the maoster:

Steve-o:
Legionaries.

^^^^ that’s the one. Ignore it at your peril, it can really [zb] your day up.

Edit to add; was that you I flashed out of a layby A1 s/b near Newark today in the T range pulling a box Dipper?

Not me as I was in Corby getting me box checked at the Tobacco place.

Cheers for the Legionaries tip I’m gonna be furiously twisting my knob and draining me tank at the earliest opportunity. Will add a small amount of bleach or dettol as well to keep me pipe nice and sweet.

never tried it in a windscreen washer situation, in fact don’t think I have ever had cause to clean one out, However white vinegar (30p a litre) is wonderful for cleaning pipes out, the acid it in it quickly dissolves any organic gunky mouldy stuff. pretty dam good at getting the windscreen sparkling too.

dieseldog999:
bung in some tfl and skoosh it dry a Cpl of times and the caustic in the tfl will cleanse the lot…

whats TFL ?

Thanks I’ll try vinegar instead as I’m a bit concerned about perishing the rubber with bleach. Perhaps a 10% mix would work.

Dipper_Dave:
Thanks I’ll try vinegar instead as I’m a bit concerned about perishing the rubber with bleach. Perhaps a 10% mix would work.

I have just read that vinegar can also damage some types of rubber so you probably need to be careful with that too. Although I have often used vinegar to clean the windscreen and have never noticed it damaging the wipers or window seals - its a wonderful cheap cleaning product but apparently according to the internet it can damage rubber.

And I have also just read that a mixture of bleach and vinegar is an extremely bad idea - it produces chlorine gas :open_mouth: this being the stuff I think they use in war crimes, you may find yourself sharing a cell with assad.

Blimey this is turning into a mission, reckon I’ll play it safe and just leave the hose pipe in for a bit to wash out me bottle, adding a bit of fairy liquid and sulphuric acid to get the job done

Bluey Circles:
whats TFL ?

Tlaffic Film Lemover. He’s gone all Chinese on us. Electrocution might help.
Or elocution if you’re feeling kind.

Like a lot of nasties, Legionella likes to be left alone in a warm, damp environment.

Snudger:
Like a lot of nasties, Legionella likes to be left alone in a warm, damp environment.

That’ll probably include most drivers trousers on a hot summers day :open_mouth:

peirre:

Snudger:

That’ll probably include most drivers trousers on a hot summers day :open_mouth:

As long as they stay in the dark, that’s OK with me. I was thinking more of this sort of thing:- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian … ing_spider

All you need is two Sterilizing tablets they use for babies bottles…job done.