Smelly liquid coming out me pipe

Sterilizing tablets, that’s a great idea, I’ll ask me wife to get me a pack… Ehh then again best I buy them myself and burn the receipt.

chelseaboy:
All you need is two Sterilizing tablets they use for babies bottles…job done.

Twisting the knob to drain the tank before refilling is potentially going to give you an intense burst of diseased mist, I would go with the above.

I’d have thought steradent tablets would also be a safe method of cleaning the pipes.
I took Robroy’s recommendation of putting some in my coffee flask, cleaned it a treat! :sunglasses:

Yeah, bleach is a no-no, it would also leave a film on the windscreen.

Use some rubbing alcohol. Buy a bottle off Amazon for about £3. I think the brand I use is called Haz, anyhow, get the 70% isopropyl solution and it makes a top notch window cleaner on a cloth too. Isopropyl alcohol is basically window cleaner before they add all the ■■■■■■■■ to turn it green and smell nice. Don’t get the 99% as it evaporates too fast to be of any use.

Or better still get your boss to buy decent screen wash !
We have it in the large blue drums and if used neat out of drum it’s very strong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miltons baby bottle steriliser does the trick. Sure someone in here recommended it and I’ve used it ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluey Circles:
never tried it in a windscreen washer situation, in fact don’t think I have ever had cause to clean one out, However white vinegar (30p a litre) is wonderful for cleaning pipes out, the acid it in it quickly dissolves any organic gunky mouldy stuff. pretty dam good at getting the windscreen sparkling too.

dieseldog999:
bung in some tfl and skoosh it dry a Cpl of times and the caustic in the tfl will cleanse the lot…

whats TFL ?

TRAFFIC FILM REMOVER…the stuff they bung in carwashes and the like…if you use the stuff for commercials etc,then itl most likely have caustic soda in it…great for removing maps of Ireland from a mattress,bleaching concrete or just anything that’s minging and dirty.drivers seat where the previous occupants clackerbags melted his chips etc…try a bit where it don’t matter,and use it full strength.its also great for cleaning out egr valves etc.i buy 25lts drums of it and use it for a multitude of jobs…it also burns out blocked sinks etc if you leave it overnight r for a Cpl days,but don’t spray it and breath it,and itl burn your eyes out of your head…

dieseldog999:

Bluey Circles:
never tried it in a windscreen washer situation, in fact don’t think I have ever had cause to clean one out, However white vinegar (30p a litre) is wonderful for cleaning pipes out, the acid it in it quickly dissolves any organic gunky mouldy stuff. pretty dam good at getting the windscreen sparkling too.

dieseldog999:
bung in some tfl and skoosh it dry a Cpl of times and the caustic in the tfl will cleanse the lot…

whats TFL ?

TRAFFIC FILM REMOVER…the stuff they bung in carwashes and the like…if you use the stuff for commercials etc,then itl most likely have caustic soda in it…great for removing maps of Ireland from a mattress,bleaching concrete or just anything that’s minging and dirty.drivers seat where the previous occupants clackerbags melted his chips etc…try a bit where it don’t matter,and use it full strength.its also great for cleaning out egr valves etc.i buy 25lts drums of it and use it for a multitude of jobs…it also burns out blocked sinks etc if you leave it overnight r for a Cpl days,but don’t spray it and breath it,and itl burn your eyes out of your head…

I had a serious head cold a few years back, and you cairn how they say put your head over a bowl of hot water and breathe in the steam to help relieve the symptoms. Well I had a brain wave, the dishwasher was on and I knew the moment I opened the door their would be a huge release of steam, so I opened the door and took a huge breath of the steam - my eyes nearly popped out of my heed and I fell on the floor barely able to breath, it wasn’t a good idea ! mind you, I ain’t had a cold since.

So back on topic, if Dipper don’t have any TFR then drop a dishwasher tablet in the washer bottle, the caustic soda in it will clean it out.

I sometimes use a dishwasher tab in my flask if its really manky, let it soak over night and the inside of the flask is just sparkly, you can always tip the rich caustic soda mix back into the dishwasher the following night so as not to waste it.

Caustic Soda, also fantastic for cleaning the cack out of the Microns on your Fizzie or RD 350.

Dishwasher tab, I have them or at least the wife does, lot easier than buying baby stuff and her in doors thinking I have fathered some secret offspring.

Will caustic soda perish me pipe do you reckon or will it leave a sludgy mess that will cause a blockage.

I don’t think they use caustic soda (ie Sodium Hydroxide) in dishwasher tablets. They probably use “washing soda” (ie Sodium Carbonate). Caustic soda is nasty stuff, and I wouldn’t recommend using it to declag your screen washers.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Bluey Circles:
I sometimes use a dishwasher tab in my flask if its really manky, let it soak over night and the inside of the flask is just sparkly, you can always tip the rich caustic soda mix back into the dishwasher the following night so as not to waste it.

Got fed up with that so bought a new flask and only put boiling water in it. Alright I had to acquire three small tubs for tea, coffee and sugar, but it’s a much better result than a flask drink and I have a choice. And Morrisons now do very small bottles of milk - I buy five at the weekend and take one a day.
Sorry, I don’t do marital advice, go for a pint with your mate.