smelly drivers

Why is it that a large number of drvers, seem to be afraid of soap and water, given up the amount of times being in a drivers room and some smelly Bastid, wonders in, like wise on a night out, amount of drivers who just don’t wash,
A tin of deodorant is only 49p from Lidl, soap is 50p.

Then there’s the smelly flip flops, on the bus to get the train.

On a similar note…

I am currently looking after a depot of circa 60 trucks and drivers.

No other hauliers park in our yard, so overnight only our own drivers use the toilets and showers.

The toilets are cleaned at around 1700 each day, they are well maintained and modern.

We have had the sower head stolen so that has been replaced.

The mess the toilets get in overnight has to be seen to be believed, surely you leave a toilet how you found it?

Why would this happen?

Darkside:
On a similar note…

No other hauliers park in our yard, so overnight only our own drivers use the toilets and showers.

The toilets are cleaned at around 1700 each day, they are well maintained and modern.

The mess the toilets get in overnight has to be seen to be believed, surely you leave a toilet how you found it?

Why would this happen?

The lowest common denominator of humans mate, not just drivers.
My lot have installed a portaloo for the same reason,( I refuse to use it btw until I see the office staff use it)

I told them that it was a complete ■■■■ insult to their drivers, and an indication of how they viewed us.
The reply was along the lines of ‘‘It’s because of the disgusting messes left’’

I certainly do not condone the behaviour of these dirty bastds, but that is why establishments of all types employ cleaners, and if that criteria was applied everywhere, there would not be any public toilets in pubs, clubs, stadiums or anywhere else.

robroy:

Darkside:
On a similar note…

Why would this happen?

The lowest common denominator of humans mate, not just drivers.
My lot have installed a portaloo for the same reason,( I refuse to use it btw until I see the office staff use it)

I told them that it was a complete [zb] insult to their drivers, and an indication of how they viewed us.
The reply was along the lines of ‘‘It’s because of the disgusting messes left’’

I certainly do not condone the behaviour of these dirty bastds, but that is why establishments of all types employ cleaners, and if that criteria was applied everywhere, there would not be any public toilets in pubs, clubs, stadiums or anywhere else.

If a lot of company facilities were cleaned by partners of the staff, the mindless destruction, and general misuse might stop,

Also you sometimes wonder what there homes are like.

It’s even more fun when you have to cab share (4 on 4 off) with one, guy I used to share with must’ve had really bad ‘swamp ■■■’ or something because as soon as the drivers seat warmed up from my own backside being on it the seat used to start stinking, in the end I’d spray the seat with fabreeze and put a bin liner and towel down before even sitting on it, could still smell it slightly though even then, bloody disgusting.

Not just drivers it’s people in general. You ever been unfortunate enough to visit the loos at a festival or concert? Yes drink may play a part in it at these events but personally I’ve never been drunk enough to think it’s appropriate to smear ■■■ on the walls.

harrawaffa:
Not just drivers it’s people in general. You ever been unfortunate enough to visit the loos at a festival or concert? Yes drink may play a part in it at these events but personally I’ve never been drunk enough to think it’s appropriate to smear ■■■ on the walls.

+1

I wasn’t singling out drivers in this.

Our smelliest driver is a day yes day driver :open_mouth: who goes home every night no later than 6pm as he does pallets and still comes in in same top as he wore yesterday :open_mouth:

All good as long as you at least have a lynx shower lol

At the first firm I worked for as a cl2 driver, we had an old scrote work for us, he abused the word scruffy. He lived on a narrow boat out Keighly way, and would turn up on a Monday morning stinking, stale wine, coffee and ■■■■ with an overwhelming pungent smell of cat p155.
Me and another driver were tasked to sort this old blokes wagon out for MOT while he was on holiday, the dash wash encrusted with ash and crumbs, stale food everywhere and behind the seat a black rubber bucket that stank like a Glasgow alley.
About 20 mins into the job, the warehouse manager came over and handed us rubber gloves and told us the dirty old git would hang a bin bag off the steering wheel and drop a turd in it rather than cross the yard to the toilet block.

Its the same everywhere you only need small percentage of the un washed and incompetant to ruin decent facilities in a short time.

The office and the management couldn’t care less as long as the stuff goes out the gate our 66 plate trucks are wrecked curtains ripped out filthy boot marks on the bunks backs of the cabs stoved in countless low level dings steps and bumpers an so on it seems to be the culture where professional pride is non existent, I don’t get the mindset of drivers who think its ok to look like a tramp.

Drivers complain about being treated like idiots, first impressions count for a lot.

Jesus you lot who complain about smells must have unsatisfied partners…

Seriously though it is an issue and often confronting the whiffy culprit can work wonders, tricky conversation to start though. Not quite as tricky as the conversation that follows buying the wife lube on her birthday but I’m digressing.

Some folk have a story, issue, problem etc they want to share and just need a hug, ear to listen to…

That said its hard to smell oneself (trust me I’ve tried, nearly broke me back), but when one’s own odour can be picked up that’s a good sign a wash is in order.

Anyway as the sayin goes, ‘walk a mile in another man’s shoes and your own feet will stink.’

What are you suposed to do if you produce a large brown log and it doesn’t go away when you flush the toilet 2 or 3 times ,

villa:
What are you suposed to do if you produce a large brown log and it doesn’t go away when you flush the toilet 2 or 3 times ,

Change your diet?

villa:

1…roll up bog roll into large balls …start whistling the dambusters theme and do your own bombing run a few times…or
if times a pressing…if someone else is waiting as you come out the door,just brush pass them with a look of disgust on your face saying,i home your not needing a dump mate…some dirty bastket has dropped a log in there and i nearly sat down on it myself… :wink:

as mentioned, its not just drivers, people are generally just disgusting

I work in a Factory and the smell of some people is just unreal and the toilets are a disgrace after the first hour of shift start and they’re cleaned hourly!!!

Definite difference in hygiene among different cultures/backgrounds too :wink:

Captain Caveman 76:

villa:

Change your diet?

The solution to this problem might actually be for the sufferer (he MUST be suffering when passing it!) to evacuate his bowels as the need arises instead of hanging on for god knows how long before dropping a 5XL down the china!

Ever been in a submarine where its baking hot 24/7 …with 98 guys who have all had curry the night before and one little shower, that you are allowed to use for less than 2 minutes… for months on end…then the power supply packs up, the Heads spew back, and the guy in the bunk that you have just taken over from has been…enjoying himself.

Think about it… driving is a dirty grimy business…deal with it…it could be worse.

when we were kids we didn’t have lynx Africa body wash,
we had the same bar of soap that are dads washed his balls
and his a**ehole with. :unamused:

I too am shocked at how some drivers really look like they have been sleeping rough. There is no excuse for untidiness and a lack of personal hygiene. I sleep out 4 to 5 nights per week when tramping and at the end of the week return home tired but fresh as a daisy. I take enough clean clothes along and change daily, shower daily, use deodorant, brush my teeth and hair. It isn’t difficult keeping yourself clean. It is a really basic function, the majority of drivers who lack these basic skills are usually overweight lazy and just do not care. Well I do and pride myself in my appearance.