Small truck microwave

Anybody know of a smaller microwave than a Daewoo qt 1?
I know it’s a popular model with truckers for its ability to fit into most overhead lockers, the thing is it does not fit into mine. :unamused:
Got it on my top bunk at the minute,.which I ain’t happy with.

Anybody who has a mw in their Renault top locker…what type/model is it please?

Hey Rob,
Used to have one of these in top locker of my volvo fh, as you probably know top lockers in volvo’s are quite small due to sloping front of cab
These are quite low height microwaves and fit lovely but i believe russell hobbs don’t make them anymore so difficult to find

Russell Hobbs RHM1401B 14 L 600 W Black Small and Compact Manual Microwave with 6 Power Levels, Automatic Defrost, Dial Control

Thanks for that mate.
I forgot to measure the cupboard :unamused:, so I’ll measure up when I start back, and hopefully I’ll be able to track one down if it’s going to fit.

We had a hire Renault the other year that had a microwave fitted but I can’t for the life of me remember what make it was.

But a quick Google shows this one does but mega expensive. It also shows some dimensions of what you are looking for.

kudauk.ltd.uk/product/micro … ault-t-cab

But after looking at that I think that may have been what it was. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:
We had a hire Renault the other year that had a microwave fitted but I can’t for the life of me remember what make it was.

But a quick Google shows this one does but mega expensive. It also shows some signs of what you are looking for.

kudauk.ltd.uk/product/micro … ault-t-cab

But after looking at that I think that may have been what it was. But I could be wrong.

Aye it’s a standard household 240v one that I’m after mate not a 24v designer dated truck one,… but thanks anyway.

FITS IN - FRONT NEAR SIDE LOCKER WITH SUPPLIED FASCIA

SIZE; WIDTH 450MM, HEIGHT 260MM, DEPTH 380MM

That was what I was dreaming your attention to the size of that made to fit machine to compare with domestic ones Rob.

Anyone who pays 500 quid for a microwave for a truck indeed wants their head looking at, but I guess the cost was paid by the company the driver tramped for.

For MY21 Trucks built after bov 2021 I don’t know how old your motor is though. But I can’t imagine much has changed in the lockers for earlier model years.

simcor:

That was what I was dreaming your attention to the size of that made to fit machine to compare with domestic ones Rob.

Anyone who pays 500 quid for a microwave for a truck indeed wants their head looking at, but I guess the cost was paid by the company the driver tramped for.

For MY21 Trucks built after bov 2021 I don’t know how old your motor is though. But I can’t imagine much has changed in the lockers for earlier model years.

Sorry Simon I’m having a bit of a dim moment, maybe it’s the few beers I’ve had. :smiley:
Can you explain the first sentence (not having a go btw by any means.)
And WHAT fits in the locker ?
Snd is that the locker size or a 24 v microwave size you mention.

Speaking of 500 quid microwaves, I had a one bought for me when I worked for a good firm, it lasted about 15 or so years.but there is no way I would buy one.
Over to you. :smiley:

Why tf is this thread gone widescreen btw. :unamused:

robroy:

simcor:

Sorry Simon I’m having a bit of a dim moment, maybe it’s the few beers I’ve had. :smiley:
Can you explain the first sentence (not having a go btw by any means.)
And WHAT fits in the locker ?
Snd is that the locker size or a 24 v microwave size you mention.

Speaking of 500 quid microwaves, I had a one bought for me when I worked for a good firm, it lasted about 15 or so years.but there is no way I would buy one.
Over to you. :smiley:

Why tf is this thread gone widescreen btw. :unamused:

That specific truckchef microwave website says it fits in the front side locker with a fascia you can purchase to make it fit and remove the locker door I think.

So the microwave is accessible all the time. The line was copied from the website.

So I assume it means the front top left locker in the cab.

It’s been some time since we had that truck and any Renault’s so can’t be of much more help tbh. Although I seem to remember in that truck it was fitted in the rear middle locker for some reason, so it was one that didn’t have double bunks.

But the more I think of it I’m sure it was a truckchef one.

Dreaming FFS autocorrct should say drawing your attention the to specific sizes mentioned on the website.

I really should preview my posts as sometimes it takes me a while figure out what the hell I originally typed when autocorrect changes it.

:laughing: So I ain’t cracking up after all then…much. :smiley:
I was thinking of doing something similar, making mine fit in top lh cupboard.and removing the cupboard door.
,(You would think in this day and age manufacturers would purposely make cupboards to fit microwaves. :unamused: )
You can also buy one for the back cupboards,.but as you suggest mine has the top bunk with no cupboards.
My lad is a bit of an expert at adapting things to make things work,.so I’ll maybe get him on the case.
Cheers.

robroy:
:lol: So I ain’t cracking up after all then…much. :smiley:
I was thinking of doing something similar, making mine fit in top lh cupboard.and removing the cupboard door.
,(You would think in this day and age manufacturers would purposely make cupboards to fit microwaves. :unamused: )
You can also buy one for the back cupboards,.but as you suggest mine has the top bunk with no cupboards.
My lad is a bit of an expert at adapting things to make things work,.so I’ll maybe get him on the case.
Cheers.

Some do… Some even include the wiring.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
:lol: So I ain’t cracking up after all then…much. :smiley:
Cheers.

Some do… Some even include the wiring.

Maybe so, but definitely not Renault. :neutral_face:

Managed to get it in the cupboard after all, not pretty, a bit of a codge up, but effective and the door shuts.
Sat on a piece of thick rubber foam, to level out cupboard floor, and piece of wood on other side, hole drilled inside cupboard , for a bungee,.and other end of bungee in front face of cupboard.
Just need to cut bit out of side of inside of cupboard to get the plug in to look neater.
Job sorted for little expense. :sunglasses:

Just need a small suitcase on top bunk now, for my clothes that were in there.
#neverbeaten. :laughing:

robroy:
Managed to get it in the cupboard after all, not pretty, a bit of a codge up, but effective and the door shuts.
Sat on a piece of thick rubber foam, to level out cupboard floor, and piece of wood on other side, hole drilled inside cupboard , for a bungee,.and other end of bungee in front face of cupboard.
Just need to cut bit out of side of inside of cupboard to get the plug in to look neater.

Is it sitting directly on the rubber foam? Be careful not to block any vent holes under it. A bit of ply on top of the rubber will easily sort it.

It looks pink…

Does it have the words ‘Hello Kitty’ on it anywhere?

Franglais:

robroy:

Is it sitting directly on the rubber foam? Be careful not to block any vent holes under it. A bit of ply on top of the rubber will easily sort it.

Good point.
Think the vents are on the side, but I’ll check it out.
Cheers.

yourhavingalarf:
It looks pink…

Nah it’s white.
I mean…c’mon…Do.I LOOK like the kind of guy who would choose a pink appliance ? :unamused:

Just be careful how you answer that btw. …have you seen that baseball bat? :laughing:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
It looks pink…

Nah it’s white.
I mean…c’mon…Do.I LOOK like the kind of guy who would choose a pink appliance ? :unamused:
Just be careful how you answer that btw. …have you seen that baseball bat? :laughing:

I presume that the baseball bat is behind the curtain tieback, next to
the telephone…?

Mind you, the overall hardman vibe is somewhat spoiled by the miss England sash …

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
It looks pink…

Nah it’s white.

Never judge a book by it’s cover big boy. lol.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
It looks pink…

Nah it’s white.

the telephone…?

Mind you, the overall hardman vibe is somewhat spoiled by the miss England sash …

Miss England sash?..the red one?
Nah I got second prize in a ‘Louie Spence lookalike contest’ ,.won a pampering day and a makeover at a beauty parlour ffs. :open_mouth:
A real blow to my macho ego…
Especially as I was just walking past and never even entered for it . :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing:

(I’m.a big believer in getting the ■■■■■■■■ jokes in first myself btw… before anybody else does :smiley: )

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
It looks pink…

Nah it’s white.
Just be careful how you answer that btw. …have you seen that baseball bat? [emoji38]

the telephone…?

Miss England sash?..the red one?
Nah I got second prize in a ‘Louie Spence lookalike contest’ ,.won a pampering day and a makeover at a beauty parlour ffs. :open_mouth:
A real blow to my macho ego…
Especially as I was just walking past and never even entered for it . :open_mouth:
[emoji38] [emoji38]

(I’m.a big believer in getting the ■■■■■■■■ jokes in first myself btw… before anybody else does :smiley: )

You haven’t explained the telephone! [emoji2962]