Slow slow slow stobarts/tesco wagon

I have no axe to grind here, but this morning on the M62 eastbound,near to the A19 exit it got a bit silly with trucks swerving and braking and what have you.
When everything got sorted and I got back up to cruising speed there was this stobarts/tesco combo that seemed to be moving at about 40 mph.
My question is.
Do the drivers have to drive at that speed or will the driver by trying to get a fuel bonus?
Maybe they could fit flashing orange beacons to the rear of the trailer like the farmers.
And before the guy (whose user name escapes me) accuses my of tailgating I wasn’t, I was well back but it is still ■■■■■■ dangerous in my opinion.

Morrisons double deckers like to do 40odd on the M5.
Just remember that “Tesco take your safety seriously. .”

This post points up the need for a minimum limit on motorways.

Tipper drivers + Tossco fuel saving, I’m coming round to your way of thinking Zippo, bloody dangerous it is! :laughing:

He would be taking his time getting back to Goole so his shift his up.

I think there is a minimum limit on motorways, dont know if it affects trucks though, but even at 50mph they cause hold ups cos most want to drive on the limiter.

emmerson2:
This post points up the need for a minimum limit on motorways.

I’m pretty sure there is, which is why 50cc scooters and milk floats are not allowed on them, I think it’s 25mph but can’t be sure.

There is no min speed limits on uk motorways.

karl67:
There is no min speed limits on uk motorways.

^^^ as above - No minimum speed limit on UK motorways, however “No slow vehicles” (under 30 mph?)

There should be minimum 60 mph , people say safer driving at 50 I think it’s more dangerous

speed limits are a maximum speed not a target speed!..every mph faster i go im losing money as an hourly paid driver,and of course im trying to hit my feul bonus(which has little to do with speed…keep it in the green,no harsh braking,minimum idling and use cruise control and a fiver a shift is in my pocket).
if you want to go faster on the motorway pass me…if you want to do 56 on a single carriageway tough…i have a clean licence and try to keep it that way…why is everyone in such a rush?..trucks nose to tail…cutting in so close in front? no wonder there are so many trucks running into the back of the traffic in front?..chill out…stay safe…get home in one peice to your families?

Smoggie89:
There should be minimum 60 mph , people say safer driving at 50 I think it’s more dangerous

Wouldn’t be much good for a lot of classic vehicles (like my old Landy), some towing vehicles (like horse boxes) and anyone running on a space saver :unamused:

Found this, no help at all but obviously IMHO there is definatley a need for a minimum limit!
safermotoring.co.uk/there-mi … orway.html

waynedl:

Smoggie89:

Wouldn’t be much good for a lot of classic vehicles (like my old Landy), some towing vehicles (like horse boxes) and anyone running on a space saver :unamused:

I should of phrased it better , it’s the likes of muppets who can do the speed limit etc like you pointed out there would be exceptions

Smoggie89:
…people say safer driving at 50 I think it’s more dangerous

It’s not dangerous to drive at 50mph on a motorway.

People who don’t pay attention or plan ahead and then say daft things like “50mph on a motorway is dangerous” are though. :unamused:

Contraflow:

Smoggie89:

People who don’t pay attention or plan ahead and then say daft things like “50mph on a motorway is dangerous” are though. :unamused:

In my personal opinion the reason I say 60 as I think it’s safer for a artic to be going full speed than up and down the gears moving from lane to lane , obviously we have to overtake over trucks etc but it’s the people who drive at 45 or whatever when they can be going with the flow of the traffic around but choose to do 45-50 because I want to …

Contraflow:

Smoggie89:

I agree.

I wonder if there are Megabus/National Express drivers that claim 56 is dangerous too? The speed in which them nutters carrying 50+ souls on board come flying towards the back end of trucks on the motorway suggests they haven’t seen us :open_mouth:

Smoggie89:
I think it’s safer for a artic to be going full speed…

Wat? :open_mouth:

People who think they’ll turn into a pumpkin or explode or something if they come off the limiter are dangerous.

You’re supposed to drive to the conditions. If the conditions include vehicles going slower than you’d like them to be going, then so be it.

Adapt and overcome.

It’s called being a driver. :unamused:

Contraflow:

Smoggie89:
I think it’s safer for a artic to be going full speed…

Wat? :open_mouth:

People who think they’ll turn into a pumpkin or explode or something if they come off the limiter are dangerous.

You’re supposed to drive to the conditions. If the conditions include vehicles going slower than you’d like them to be going, then so be it.

Adapt and overcome.

It’s called being a driver. :unamused:

If he’s getting more than NMW he’s taking money under false pretences… :wink:

Indeed.