Slipped load

Not a good day for this driver :frowning:

I’m not sure whether he’s saying three vehicles have lost their load or just that there was three loads the same, what do you think ?

youtube.com/watch?v=booDJQOLx6k

Edited to insert a new link because the Youtube video doesn’t seem to be showing.

theres a splatter of straps in there though possibly not well applied.
i think he is saying theres 3 other loads,not that 3 other trucks have tipped.
the ratchet straps obivously have more brains than the cameraman who wanders way to close down the side of the trailer thats hanging ready to coup further.
deffo another darwin award candidate cameraman there.
just unfortunate for the driver,but it wont be long before the usual predictable fannys come along telling us another obvious statement about load security ect…its only a matter of time…i wonder who will be first…any bets?? :slight_smile:

If only he had broken the seal and looked inside… :sunglasses:

eurotrans:

Guess you’ve never pulled trailers off ports. If you break the seal most delivery places will reject the load. If you break the seal and there’s a shortage you’re the one who gets accused of nicking it.

This crap over unaccompanied trailers has been going on decades. We need a process where drivers can break seals at the port to check the load and then have it re-sealed and paperwork updated by the port staff.

eurotrans:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wicked… :slight_smile:

Conor:

eurotrans:

Guess you’ve never pulled trailers off ports. If you break the seal most delivery places will reject the load. If you break the seal and there’s a shortage you’re the one who gets accused of nicking it.

This crap over unaccompanied trailers has been going on decades. We need a process where drivers can break seals at the port to check the load and then have it re-sealed and paperwork updated by the port staff.

He even put an emoji on the end! Short of typing “this post is entirely tongue in cheek” I’m not sure what else he could have done.

the maoster:

Conor:

eurotrans:

He even put an emoji on the end! Short of typing “this post is entirely tongue in cheek” I’m not sure what else he could have done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
was that another wwoooossssshhhhh for conor then?
be fair,he will have been on the tap all weekend and only woken up now to prepare for the megatrunk tonight…he prob aint finished his cocopops yet… :smiley:

eurotrans:

Well, if your 39 ‘passengers’ all sit on one side…

the maoster:

I think you’ll find that the one he used was the “cool” one. :wink: or even :stuck_out_tongue: would’ve been more appropriate if that’s what he meant.

Looks like a lack of experience in strapping more than owt else or a case of everyone does it this way ect :unamused:

Punchy Dan:
Looks like a lack of experience in strapping more than owt else or a case of everyone does it this way ect :unamused:

Exactly - putting straps across the top of a load like that serves no useful purpose. They should have been wrapped around and twisted at the very least.

I can’t work out how it’s loaded.
Is that some sort of flimsy plywood around flanges on the end of some pipes?
If that’s all that is seperating layers of heavy pipe, that ain’t good enough, is it? Any slight give, settling, or movement means straps go slack and it’s gone.

Franglais:
I can’t work out how it’s loaded.
Is that some sort of flimsy plywood around flanges on the end of some pipes?
If that’s all that is seperating layers of heavy pipe, that ain’t good enough, is it? Any slight give, settling, or movement means straps go slack and it’s gone.

It’s part of a machine of some description, it’s three or possibly more large geared shafts in a large fabricated metal body that forms part of a bigger machine.

It’s basically one largish heavy chunk of machinery, I don’t know what the cardboard is, possibly some sort of temporary protection for the bearings or something like that.

Santa:

Punchy Dan:

Exactly - putting straps across the top of a load like that serves no useful purpose. They should have been wrapped around and twisted at the very least.

+1

Simply holding a load like that down to the bed isn’t anywhere near satisfactory, you can’t always tell from a video but there doesn’t appear to be any sideways restraint of any description :frowning:

Need to barrel strap stuff like that.

Looks like a part of a machine that’s been chucked in a curtain sider because it’s cheaper that way,it looks top heavy and needed chaining maybe but that’s what happens when you pay peanuts :smiley: apologies to Conor for not stating that I was taking the pxss and yes I have pulled trailers out of the docks but for the first few corners I always took it a bit gently until I got a feel for the load

Could be parts for a " super gun" :bulb:

Suedehead:
Could be parts for a " super gun" :bulb:

Showing your age with that one but unfortunately so am I!

dieseldog999:
,but it wont be long before the usual predictable fannys come along telling us another obvious statement about load security ect…its only a matter of time…i wonder who will be first…any bets?? :slight_smile:

And I’d hazard a guess those experts have never loaded anything more complex than 26 pallets. :laughing:

I can’t quite tell if it was loaded on the deck or has come through a crate.

Finally I did get EuroTrans reference to sealed trailers :sunglasses: as was part of that particular debate.

but with my pedantic head on, this wasn’t a sealed trailer, TIR cord nicely wrapped up on the headboard. :wink:

should have used XL curtains

Conor:

the maoster:

I think you’ll find that the one he used was the “cool” one. :wink: or even :stuck_out_tongue: would’ve been more appropriate if that’s what he meant.

You seem to be the only one who struggled with it. :wink: