Slipped load

eurotrans:
it looks top heavy and needed chaining

^ This.
It also looks a ‘bit’ heavier than 25 t.

the maoster:

Conor:

the maoster:
He even put an emoji on the end! Short of typing “this post is entirely tongue in cheek” I’m not sure what else he could have done.

I think you’ll find that the one he used was the “cool” one. :wink: or even :stuck_out_tongue: would’ve been more appropriate if that’s what he meant.

You seem to be the only one who struggled with it. :wink:

Or should that be :stuck_out_tongue:

#emojipolice

Beau Nydel:

Suedehead:
Could be parts for a " super gun" :bulb:

Showing your age with that one but unfortunately so am I!

Up until about 5yrs ago that was still sat in a corner of an old shed at Teesdock until they knocked it down, dunno where it went after that

i put my self some centre eyes in recently plus some corus spec 80 by 80 side posts & sockets .

Santa:

Punchy Dan:
Looks like a lack of experience in strapping more than owt else or a case of everyone does it this way ect :unamused:

Exactly - putting straps across the top of a load like that serves no useful purpose. They should have been wrapped around and twisted at the very least.

Guy recording doesn’t have much regard for his own life.

Regarding the strapping if it’s a port collection then who ever strapped that needs firing.

Also I work for Tesco and if you break the seal and there happens to be stuff missing you are fudged. We do not check the loads at Tesco and have zero load interaction until we get to the store.
I think Argos are the same.
Co-OP you are allowed to inspect the load.

The thing is as long as you follow a system that is well documented you are covered. If my load goes while working at Tesco I am covered if it’s due to poor loading.
If my load goes because I’m working for some two bit firm on agency and I get told the ‘regular’ guy doesn’t check the load I am not covered.

So it’s a bit of common sense.

Huddersfield examiner’s has got cctv footage from the garage which appears to show him going back towards town centre before doing a u-turn at lights which I’d think twice about doing at that speed in my car :laughing:

adam277:

Regarding the strapping if it’s a port collection then who ever strapped that needs firing.

Also I work for Tesco and if you break the seal and there happens to be stuff missing you are fudged. We do not check the loads at Tesco and have zero load interaction until we get to the store.

The thing is as long as you follow a system that is well documented you are covered. If my load goes while working at Tesco I am covered if it’s due to poor loading.
If my load goes because I’m working for some two bit firm on agency and I get told the ‘regular’ guy doesn’t check the load I am not covered.

You can and I have broke the seal on Tesco
Loads , just take in pod , new seal number &
They sign next to it , what happens when the prev
Driver leaves the tail lift control on int , not
Ext , how do you change it from int - ext without
Breaking the seal ?
And as for stuff missing I only ever saw them
Checking numbe on cage against list of cages
They should have ( and that was only when
It suited half of them ) , never seen them count
How many cans of beer , yogurts etc were on cage

adam277:

What do you mean your covered when working for Tesco? Surely if it all goes wrong then the police and dvsa or worse the courts are going to say your the driver, you had that load on the road which makes you responsible for making sure it was safe and secure. The person loading it couldn’t give a toss as they don’t have a licence to lose for it.

Sounds a bit like dhl drivers on the jag land rover contract being told Dvsa had agreed they didn’t need to strap loads or whatever crap that was.

Conor:

eurotrans:
If only he had broken the seal and looked inside… :sunglasses:

Guess you’ve never pulled trailers off ports. If you break the seal most delivery places will reject the load. If you break the seal and there’s a shortage you’re the one who gets accused of nicking it.

This crap over unaccompanied trailers has been going on decades. We need a process where drivers can break seals at the port to check the load and then have it re-sealed and paperwork updated by the port staff.

Unaccompanied trailers out of (cough) Purfleet have always had the paperwork on the floor inside the back doors. Well they have on the few occasions we have resorted to pulling them for a days work.

Another top quality EE imported driver with the usual standard of driving skills that we now see every day at least it wasn’t a bridge today

shullbit:
should have used XL curtains

As well as…

The internal roof straps and maybe a double dolly too.

robthedog:
Another top quality EE imported driver with the usual standard of driving skills that we now see every day at least it wasn’t a bridge today

Yawn.

CCTV…

Of the load coming out.

examinerlive.co.uk/news/wes … r-17158470

Hopefully somebody else loaded and restrained that machinery on the trailer.
As according to many on here the driver is in the clear if that’s the case.

Scenario
If that trailer had had a seal on, and the driver had just recently hitched up to the trailer in a local yard, doesn’t necessary need to have been a port.
Then taken it out on the public highway, fortunately not killed or injured anyone in this case.
Would a Traffic Commissioner give the driver the all clear?

Watching the CCTV it’s clear that this was caused, at least in part, by the speed the driver made that u-turn.
The load could and should have been secured better, but when you have an object of significant size/weight then it is always likely to move when subjected to enough g force, and it is possible that this could have caused some straps to break.
Either way, driver is going to take the rap for this due to careless driving

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And the no u-turn sign on the signals ain’t gunna do him any favours either!!
I reckon he was taking that lot to David Browns at Crosland moor,realised he was heading back away from it and just decided to spin it there.
Very lucky as it’s a busy part of town,could have ended much worse…

chester:
Hopefully somebody else loaded and restrained that machinery on the trailer.
As according to many on here the driver is in the clear if that’s the case.

Scenario
If that trailer had had a seal on, and the driver had just recently hitched up to the trailer in a local yard, doesn’t necessary need to have been a port.
Then taken it out on the public highway, fortunately not killed or injured anyone in this case.
Would a Traffic Commissioner give the driver the all clear?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TRY HARDER.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :unamused:

DEAD HORSE AWARD.jpg

Pointy shoe…

Planner ‘so they’re quite heavy but they will fit into a curtainsider right?’
Customer ‘yes but they will need securing, can your drivers secure it properly with the correct equipment?’
Planner ‘yeah no problem, we do all sorst of loads I can’t see this being any different to 26 pallets of Kleenex tissues’
Customer ‘and you can do this for the princely sum of £250 all the way to Penzance you say?’
Planner ‘oh absolutely, we like to think we have some very competative rates’
Customer ‘great, so we can expect Plovdiv on site at 8 in the morning’
Planner ‘yeh, he’ll be there with some new straps and a bit of dunnage, you can’t miss him he’s a got a frilly pelmet in the windscreen’
Planner ‘boss, I got three backloads out of the Yorks area tomorrow aren’t I clever and can I have a new iPhone please?’

its not as if he didnt strap it,though a couple more would be better.
id imagine if he barrel hitched them like a “proper lorry driver” then they would never move.
a old bit of rope and a couple of dolly knots and they would have got delivered right as rain. :slight_smile: