Slepper cabs

Hi anyone ever heard of a rule if you work more than 12 hours you should be in a sleeper cab ■■?
heard a few drivers talking about it today & just wondered if it was an old wifes tale or part of WTD

Cheers

It’s ■■■■■■■■ and is not part of anything.

PS. You also don’t need a Globetrotter or Super Space style cab if you do two nights out in a row.

Definitely a severe case of MMTM.

I heard there’s quite a few sleppers out there driving trucks these days.

(you can go back into your post & use the edit facility :wink: )

Welcome to Trucknet.

Are you right in the ducking head? Do you still believe in Santa ? Come on get a bit of sense.

BellshillMorrisons:
Hi anyone ever heard of a rule if you work more than 12 hours you should be in a sleeper cab ■■?
heard a few drivers talking about it today & just wondered if it was an old wifes tale or part of WTD

Cheers

You’ve got confused with with the new E.U. directive that states if you work over 12 hours you must have a slapper in your cab.

Well looking at his name he obviously works for Morrisons from Bellshill and would like a sleeper cab instead of a day cab cos sometimes he goes past 12 hours.

bald bloke:
would like a sleeper cab instead of a day cab cos sometimes he goes past 12 hours.

Why? Is he at work to work or sleep?

bald bloke:
Well looking at his name he obviously works for Morrisons from Bellshill and would like a sleeper cab instead of a day cab cos sometimes he goes past 12 hours.

And being Scottish he put the biggest text he could and a different colour as it’s free! If he’d had to pay for it then you wouldn’t be able to read it! :laughing:

There you go just for you a daf 95 ssc :laughing: :laughing:

270e30d704377512ea4e0c8e988fc815.jpg

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

It’s absolutely true!

Do they make you do 12 hours and not have a sleeper? :open_mouth:

If I were you I’d go in there early before your next shift and demand they upgrade your vehicle immediately!
They don’t however, have to provide frilly curtains, that’s only if you do more than 3 nights out in a 14 week period.

I think it is ridiculous morrsions dont spec beds, they are the only big supermarket who doesn’t! Last christmas stuck on the motorway for 14 odd hour in a non bed cab with no night heater. That is disgraceful they do a fair bit of distance especially at bellshill. Ive even heard the driver has to wait in the cab getting tipped and he cant have his engine on so he freezes his balls off!

Imo its a cost saving exercise too far.

Scarab:

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

It’s absolutely true!

Do they make you do 12 hours and not have a sleeper? :open_mouth:

If I were you I’d go in there early before your next shift and demand they upgrade your vehicle immediately!
They don’t however, have to provide frilly curtains, that’s only if you do more than 3 nights out in a 14 week period.

wouild love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting, would have to make sure i was stuck to the wall so i didn’t fall off when laughting that much :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

see the bellshill rumour factory on overtime then eh? :unamused: :unamused:

jim1970:

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

see the bellshill rumour factory on overtime then eh? :unamused: :unamused:

Does that overtime kick in at 8 or 12 hours? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I once had to do a 12 hour shift, it was in a day cab, but after 10 hours I had to go back to the yard and swap it for a sleeper! :wink:

merc0447:
I think it is ridiculous morrsions dont spec beds, they are the only big supermarket who doesn’t! Last christmas stuck on the motorway for 14 odd hour in a non bed cab with no night heater. That is disgraceful they do a fair bit of distance especially at bellshill. Ive even heard the driver has to wait in the cab getting tipped and he cant have his engine on so he freezes his balls off!

Imo its a cost saving exercise too far.

And Waitrose

My mate Rod did two trips to Istanbul in a Daycab DAF :laughing:

Took him a bit longer than 12 hours though

Wheel Nut:
My mate Rod did two trips to Istanbul in a Daycab DAF :laughing:

Took him a bit longer than 12 hours though

I drove from Chessington to Tbilisi, Georgia in this day-cabbed Volvo FL7. It took three weeks.

Then I flew home and was arrested at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, held in a detention centre overnight and was deported the next day, but that’s another story. :wink:

yes its true, just like using your fog lights when its not foggy makes you look cool and wearing a hi-viz while driving doesnt make you look like a t**t

Go on Harry do tell. You’ve started now so you’ll have to finish.