Slepper cabs

Driveroneuk:
Go on Harry do tell. You’ve started now so you’ll have to finish.

If I told you, I would have to kill you. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:
My mate Rod did two trips to Istanbul in a Daycab DAF :laughing:

Took him a bit longer than 12 hours though

I drove from Chessington to Tbilisi, Georgia in this day-cabbed Volvo FL7. It took three weeks.

Then I flew home and was arrested at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, held in a detention centre overnight and was deported the next day, but that’s another story. :wink:

overnight detainee, deportation! all that just cause you were in a day cab for more than 12hours!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:
I drove from Chessington to Tbilisi, Georgia in this day-cabbed Volvo FL7. It took three weeks.

Then I flew home and was arrested at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, held in a detention centre overnight and was deported the next day, but that’s another story. :wink:

I bet it was because you hadn’t got a sleeper/high roof/and you were closer than — in./cm.(insert numbers as appropriate) to the steering wheel.Seriously though,that must have been epic!!

Coffeeholic:

jim1970:

BellshillMorrisons:
Hi anyone ever heard of a rule if you work more than 12 hours you should be in a sleeper cab ■■?
heard a few drivers talking about it today & just wondered if it was an old wifes tale or part of WTD

Cheers

see the bellshill rumour factory on overtime then eh? :unamused: :unamused:

Does that overtime kick in at 8 or 12 hours? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

more than likely after 10hrs.i m on for morrisons at bellshill and you ve no idea some of the stories that go about the place.was one a while back saying that if you were nightshift you had to have a nightheater by law.and no i dont wear hi viz when driving or put foglights on at night either. :smiley:

jim1970:

Coffeeholic:

jim1970:

BellshillMorrisons:
Hi anyone ever heard of a rule if you work more than 12 hours you should be in a sleeper cab ■■?
heard a few drivers talking about it today & just wondered if it was an old wifes tale or part of WTD

Cheers

more than likely after 10hrs.i m on for morrisons at bellshill and you ve no idea some of the stories that go about the place.was one a while back saying that if you were nightshift you had to have a nightheater by law.and no i dont wear hi viz when driving or put foglights on at night either. :smiley:

Do you know what happened to the morrisons lorry today just 2 minutes from your depot? Surround by police didnt see any crash damage thought maybe it was a diesel spill. Wasnt even 2 minutes he was on the bridge that goes over the bellshill bypass!

merc0447:

jim1970:

Coffeeholic:

jim1970:

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

Do you know what happened to the morrisons lorry today just 2 minutes from your depot? Surround by police didnt see any crash damage thought maybe it was a diesel spill. Wasnt even 2 minutes he was on the bridge that goes over the bellshill bypass!

no idea merc0447,i ve been on holiday this week. :slight_smile:

merc0447:

jim1970:

Coffeeholic:

jim1970:

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

They were drawing chalk lines round it and coneing the lane off as he had run out of hours. :smiley: :smiley:

He had been spotted driving without a hi-viz on. :wink:

merc0447:
I think it is ridiculous morrsions dont spec beds, they are the only big supermarket who doesn’t! Last christmas stuck on the motorway for 14 odd hour in a non bed cab with no night heater. That is disgraceful they do a fair bit of distance especially at bellshill. Ive even heard the driver has to wait in the cab getting tipped and he cant have his engine on so he freezes his balls off!

Imo its a cost saving exercise too far.

this is precisely why i have always refused to do an assessment with them. its bad enough getting claustrophobic in a rigid although that type of vehicle is understandable. there are no excuses for day cabs on artics though. it doesnt affect how much freight it can carry so its down to intolerable levels of tightness

bubsy06:
yes its true, wearing a hi-viz while driving doesnt make you look like a t**t

This is great news for me. I’m doing four nights out a week but just driving a day cab so was looking for something to make me look like a big-rigger and wearing hi-vis while driving might just do the trick :smiley:

I must say i tried some on once and thought i looked like a real t**t so i’m glad i was wrong this time :blush:

Charles

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

dont worry,its perfectly ok to do more than 12 hours in a day cab as long as your back before it gets dark

scanny77:

merc0447:
I think it is ridiculous morrsions dont spec beds, they are the only big supermarket who doesn’t! Last christmas stuck on the motorway for 14 odd hour in a non bed cab with no night heater. That is disgraceful they do a fair bit of distance especially at bellshill. Ive even heard the driver has to wait in the cab getting tipped and he cant have his engine on so he freezes his balls off!

Imo its a cost saving exercise too far.

this is precisely why i have always refused to do an assessment with them. its bad enough getting claustrophobic in a rigid although that type of vehicle is understandable. there are no excuses for day cabs on artics though. it doesnt affect how much freight it can carry so its down to intolerable levels of tightness

I do sympathise to a degree. My problem is always one of seat adjustment in day cabs. I’m not overly tall at 6’1" but I like a laid back relaxed seating position, not hanging of the steering wheel old granny style, which I often found impossible to achieve in a day cab. :frowning:

I’ve never really understood why Morrisons do the daycab thing, even Tossco don’t anymore. Then again it’s their choice and legal to do, so who knows ■■ You would think the lousy sods would stick a night heater in them at least though :open_mouth:

If a company thinks so little of it’s drivers welfare, I wouldn’t be working for them. :unamused:

I’ve often wondered why the buyers at Morrisons specced a fleet of day cabs ■■ They have a large fleet and so would have a fair bit of bartering power when it comes to discounts . So why not buy standard units in bulk and then make some money back after 3 years by selling them on , or have them on lease hire ?

What companies are going to be able to utilise second hand day cabs ? or do Morrisons just run them till they die ?

shade:
I’ve often wondered why the buyers at Morrisons specced a fleet of day cabs ■■ They have a large fleet and so would have a fair bit of bartering power when it comes to discounts . So why not buy standard units in bulk and then make some money back after 3 years by selling them on , or have them on lease hire ?

What companies are going to be able to utilise second hand day cabs ? or do Morrisons just run them till they die ?

They run them old black ERFs till death i think :slight_smile:

shade:

the dafs are leased.the first lot of 56 plates are now being replaced.think latimer park is getting new fleet at the moment.bellshill getting new fleet february 2012.

jim1970:

shade:

the dafs are leased.the first lot of 56 plates are now being replaced.think latimer park is getting new fleet at the moment.bellshill getting new fleet february 2012.

Apparently they’re going to be those half cab things they use for airport caterers.

charliebear:
Apparently they’re going to be those half cab things they use for airport caterers.

Left ■■■■■■ swap bodies :stuck_out_tongue:

roadtransport.com/blogs/big- … lorry.html

They locked Monk up because they thought he was a spy, did you get a medal for that job.

BellshillMorrisons:

Cheers

I know why your posting this, the cabs in there are torture and just add too the boredom of doing ■■■■ all.

Its about the only store job that your guaranteed a kip but you spend half an hour trying too get rid of cramps if you have one.