Sleeper Cabs & Rules

Hi…

Can anyone tell me if there are any legal restrictions to sleeper cabs?

Someone told me that you can only class your daily rest in a sleeper cab if your are able to stand up in it…

Is this correct?

Thanks for your time…

Snowmonster

yes thats right, you must also have a working nightheater.

This HAS to be a windup!

stagedriver:
This HAS to be a windup!

no starting handles, no longer required. :wink:

DoNotFeedTheTrollsl.jpg

you can do up to three nights a week in a standard cab. any more has to be a top line or globetrotter etc. You must sleep with your head at least six feet from the steering wheel otherwise its not proper rest.

All professional drivers have many requirements for their daily rest to be legal:

• Your head must be more than 80cm from the rear of the seats when in the bunk
  • The night heater must be operational
  • You must be able to stand up in the cab space without bumping your head
  • You MUST, at ALL times be thinking of THE CHILDREN!

Scarab:
All professional drivers have many requirements for their daily rest to be legal:

• You must be able to stand up in the cab space without bumping your head
    !

Yeah, so all car transporters are soon to be taken off the road, along with 90% of eight wheeleres, all renault premiums for 6 footers and FM Globetrotters etc etc etc.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

there must be enough room to hang upside down from the roof, like a bat.

and at 2200 every night you must let the drug and needle ridden prostitue into your cab to ■■■■ you off.

jessicas dad:
and at 2200 every night you must let the drug and needle ridden prostitue into your cab to ■■■■ you off.

Speaking from experience there Alex?..

Ken.

Gaz:
Yeah, so all car transporters are soon to be taken off the road, along with 90% of eight wheeleres, all renault premiums for 6 footers and FM Globetrotters etc etc etc.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

No.

These models were specifically aimed at the dwarf population as featured on Jezza Vine yesterday.

Ken.

I’m gutted they’ve banned Dwarf Chucking… although i have to agree that picking up and dropping random short fella’s just aint cricket!

jessicas dad:

but not whilst thinking of the kids

Only legal, if you can monkey bar swing 4 times, turn and do it the other way. No way am I doing a night out, if this simple, yet mandatory operation cannot be performed. Right guys? :sunglasses:

Has anyone considered that the OP might actually be asking because they don’t know?

I am surprised that no one else has posted links to what is actually allowed and relevant for a newbie to indicate the difference between a sleeper and daycab.

Because going by your comments, sarcastic or not, most sleeper cabs in the country are invalid.

This is assuming the OP hasn’t found the search function at the top right of the page and noticed that actually, there are 3679 matches to the word ‘Sleeper’ on the forum.

Surely the members here can point out relevant threads to separate the wheat from the chaff?

you will be invalid by the time you`ve spent a couple of nights in them

Ok in answer to his Q… “Someone told me you need to be able to stand up, is this true”

Simple answer… No.

sleeper cabs are made for sleeping in,therefore if your truck has a sleeper cab it`s ok to sleep in it :bulb:

jessicas dad:

Then murder her… (After all, Clarkson said so… :laughing: )