Skate cyclist with a bike cam

youtu.be/EL_vOkDomSc

Thoughts?

That is Thatcham …Was down that road last week

Tris:
http://youtu.be/EL_vOkDomSc

Thoughts?

Cyclist guilty - 9 points and no cycling for 5 years :smiley:

First overtake was fine, second maybe a bit silly but no one died.

Usual cyclist making a meal out of nothing.

I drive that road all the time and it does narrow and widen a lot.

More than enough room…if the driver had been a complete idiot, he’d have made the move up the inside of the one turning right, then there might have been a case but he waited for the cyclist to come through, obviously aware he was there…fair play to the driver I’d say…why do the majority of cyclists think a bike suddenly gets 3’ wider as soon as its pulled out the shed?

What I don’t understand is ,if cyclist feel in danger ,why don’t they brake and get out of the danger they feel they are in ■■? As in most videos they just seen to keep peddling whilst shouting and not forgetting it then has to go on you tube to show how they narrowly escaped death,and how their life flashed before their eyes at the hands of the big bad truck…

I’m sick of lycra lovers. They’re just looking for a “nice” vid.

Markk80:
I’m sick of lycralouts They’re just looking for a “nice” vid.

there corrected it for you :grimacing:

youtu.be/BAHMGgZ9fec

:laughing:

Tris:
http://youtu.be/BAHMGgZ9fec

:laughing:

+1…ace…although its annoying to watch as I really would like to commit serious assault on the helmet cam guy,then its the best ending ive seen sofar. cyclist vids are in the same league of irritation as Jeremy kyles guests,sleazyjet ,big fat diddycoy weddings,and beifits programs.they annoy you like a bad tooth as you tend to keep having a peek at them,simoltaniously wanting to take a claw hammer to their faces…or is that just me again?? :confused:

The wind coming from an HGV overtaking at speed can be quite unnerving, especially on a poorly maintained or narrow road. Once you’ve had your handlebars clipped by a wing mirror you soon become wary of vehicles overtaking you.
Some people should try cycling to see what it’s like, maybe they’d take a more sympathetic road position afterwards.

These contraption deathtraps need to be banned !!

Yes DAFs have zero visibility down n/s . once idiot driver started making 2nd overtake he had NO IDEA where the cyclist was !

Altho this driver is not as bad as some , ive had trucks pull right into kerb in this situation , clearly he is in the wrong

Also video illustrates stoooopidity of having little bits of cycle path that just start and stop .

Priority should be with cyclist right thru pedestrian crossing ,
This means cycle path should widen , not end

boredwivdrivin:
These contraption deathtraps need to be banned !!

Yes DAFs have zero visibility down n/s . once idiot driver started making 2nd overtake he had NO IDEA where the cyclist was !

Altho this driver is not as bad as some , ive had trucks pull right into kerb in this situation , clearly he is in the wrong

Also video illustrates stoooopidity of having little bits of cycle path that just start and stop .

Priority should be with cyclist right thru pedestrian crossing ,
This means cycle path should widen , not end

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh look …

Its that gormless Troll on his 1 mission to slow t’internet with epic and pointless quotation .

If you have nothing to say …

praps …

Say nothing .

boredwivdrivin:
Oh look …

Its that gormless Troll on his 1 mission to slow t’internet with epic and pointless quotation .

If you have nothing to say …

praps …

Say nothing .

That’s good advice. And since you never have anything worthwhile to say, and called your own quotation “pointless” ,maybe you should take it.

Captain Caveman 76:
The wind coming from an HGV overtaking at speed can be quite unnerving, especially on a poorly maintained or narrow road. Once you’ve had your handlebars clipped by a wing mirror you soon become wary of vehicles overtaking you.
Some people should try cycling to see what it’s like, maybe they’d take a more sympathetic road position afterwards.

Done the FORS Safe urban driving course and been out on the bikes and still come to the conclusion that cyclists are ■■■■■! :unamused: :unamused:

Captain Caveman 76:

How sick you are if you think cycle handlebars are the same height as HGV mirrors…

As for 2nd video - video clearly shows that on the left there was huge gap - no cars parked - cyclist should have pulled left in there and let car pass the same was as HGV are suppose to use crawler lanes and pull on side on narrow roads to let que that’s built up behind them to pass the same as tractors…

Same rules apply for everybody, except cyclists…

He’s out to make trouble…

By calling himself the ‘POMPEY CYCLIST’!!!

Pompous Pr ck more like!!!

Just growing to hate them even more now…

On the ‘Coast to Coast’ route up here, there’s sign EVERYWHERE that says cyclist and horse riders MUST give way to pedestrians.

Not one cyclist that’s passed me and the dog when out so far has! :imp:

kyk:

Captain Caveman 76:

How sick you are if you think cycle handlebars are the same height as HGV mirrors…

As for 2nd video - video clearly shows that on the left there was huge gap - no cars parked - cyclist should have pulled left in there and let car pass the same was as HGV are suppose to use crawler lanes and pull on side on narrow roads to let que that’s built up behind them to pass the same as tractors…

Same rules apply for everybody, except cyclists…

Sorry, I assumed people with common semse would read this and realise I was talking about vehicles in general, not HGV.
Try being a cyclist, the only road users who are fair game because of their mode of transport.

You bums need to wake up and realise a truck or bus or van does not have to actually hit a cyclist to knock them off bikes .

It wouldnt have cost the lorry driver anythink just to wait til he had some clear road ahead and overtake properly , giving the cyclist hero a wide gap . Simple

Everyone safe : Everyone home 4 tea : Everyone happy