Sitra.

Anyone ever worked for Sitra? I phoned them Monday, and they said you have to have experience of fridges and left-hand-drive vehicles, which I have, I’m thinking of having a sniff after a job, what’s the score?

Harry Monk:
Anyone ever worked for Sitra? I phoned them Monday, and they said you have to have experience of fridges and left-hand-drive vehicles, which I have, I’m thinking of having a sniff after a job, what’s the score?

A lot of the fridge work was done by Lithuanians. I used to see them quite often in Cargill Chickens near Orleans. Are they still in Ashford?

Decent kit, but the colour is a bit gay :stuck_out_tongue:

The office is in Ashford, but I don’t think they keep trucks there, as far as I’m aware they are based about 30 or 40 km South-east of Veurne, down the National 8, at least they do have an enormous yard there. I’ve been told that UK drivers take the trucks home at the weekends, or more accurately to the nearest secure parking area to their home at weekends.

I did hear this on the “Tesco RDC waiting room on wheels” though so it might just be pish.

based on the outskirts of leper harry
use to be a driver living in mostyn, north wales would see his truck in the layby near his home most weekends

I knew a lad once who lives in Folkestone that worked for them, he used to park there every weekend. When I lived in Swadlincote about 7 years ago there used to be 1 parked in Jeffreys yard every weekend.

Wirralpete there is a Mathews from Great Yarmouth that parks in Mostyn regular, maybe the same bloke moved on??

skids:
Wirralpete there is a Mathews from Great Yarmouth that parks in Mostyn regular, maybe the same bloke moved on??

The sitra driver is dj he works for morgan freight now and matthews was my mate scott whos on for turners tankers on the fuel now…

There’s a geezer on Youtube who works for them H. See if he can help you ■■ :wink:

Harry Monk:
The office is in Ashford, but I don’t think they keep trucks there, as far as I’m aware they are based about 30 or 40 km South-east of Veurne, down the National 8, at least they do have an enormous yard there. I’ve been told that UK drivers take the trucks home at the weekends, or more accurately to the nearest secure parking area to their home at weekends.

I did hear this on the “Tesco RDC waiting room on wheels” though so it might just be pish.

i see one parked at appleby services (A42/A444)junction most weekends,before that he used to park in a pub carpark on the a511 at swadlincote until the pub closed down,so what you heard about drivers taking the truck home sounds about right.

billybigrig:
There’s a geezer on Youtube who works for them H. See if he can help you ■■ :wink:

There are a few of them on Youtube. The best known is Patrick youtube.com/7784Patrick

He works on the tanker side running out of their place at Ypres in Belgium. You could try sending him a message via his YT homepage. He speaks and writes good English and I’m sure he would be happy to help you with some info.

Ian58:

billybigrig:

There are a few of them on Youtube. The best known is Patrick youtube.com/7784Patrick

He works on the tanker side running out of their place at Ypres in Belgium. You could try sending him a message via his YT homepage. He speaks and writes good English and I’m sure he would be happy to help you with some info.

Wow! :open_mouth: puts a lot of effort into his vids! Damned near professional!

Fixed salary on weekdays, for weekend e.g Saturday and Sunday some different rates. Got decent kit offices in Yper and in the North of France, use to have a office in the UK.
The guy who run that was ??Roberts?? Decent bloke.
Reefers use to,go to farawayistan Russia etc. don’t know if they still do that kind.
Take away money is, let say average, nothing to get a stiffy from, but enough to come out your bed for. (if your not used to take a grant home, like the most drivers I speak)
Couple of our ex drivers went there and seem to be mostly happy.

Good luck Frans

caledoniandream:
Fixed salary on weekdays, for weekend e.g Saturday and Sunday some different rates. Got decent kit offices in Yper and in the North of France, use to have a office in the UK.
The guy who run that was ??PAUL Roberts?? Decent bloke.
Reefers use to,go to farawayistan Russia etc. don’t know if they still do that kind.
Take away money is, let say average, nothing to get a stiffy from, but enough to come out your bed for. (if your not used to take a grant home, like the most drivers I speak)

Good luck Frans

skids:
Wow! :open_mouth: puts a lot of effort into his vids! Damned near professional!

Yes, absolutely incredible!

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

Good luck Frans

Correct that was the bloke, worked together with him when I worked for John Mitchell.
Fair and understood the crack, don’t know if he did only the tanker / silo site.
Mainly a DAF company.

remember that wash he turns into, calais pass the cash and carrys decent coffee in that wash!

caledoniandream:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

Good luck Frans

Correct that was the bloke, worked together with him when I worked for John Mitchell.
Fair and understood the crack, don’t know if he did only the tanker / silo site.
Mainly a DAF company.

There was a girl worked there who knew her stuff too, they had some job in P&G at Thurrock and I had to speak to her over some stuff once :bulb:

If it was Saelens daughter, she was extremely good looking.
And knew her stuff about the transport, good looks didnt stop her from being down to earth, helpfull and great understanding of what needed to be done
Long established family company.

been thinking of giving them a go myself do you have to leave your car in belguim?

they run 4x 61reg lhd Daf xf105s 6x2s from Ashford, cheers Alan.