Sink hole M62 20-19 avoid

Local news are reporting a 20ft sink hole has opend taking out two lanes of the west bound M62 suspect the next couple if days are gonna be interesting around Manchester travel wise

M62 is fulla holes anyway. Worst motorway going so it is, like driving on the moon!

deep,long or wide :question:

Ah well, that’s the trip up north diverted tomorrow although A1 could be interesting if everyone is diverting via that and the A66. It does seem to suffer its fair share of sinkholes, although going by the documentary on how some of it was built, I’m rather surprised the very high bit doesn’t get more.

The article below seems to suggest it’s 20 feet wide.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk … le-7073470

M62 has 2 holes on it that I know of. Mcr and L/pool.

Both [zb] holes.

Thank [zb] it’s not on my patch.

Goldilox:
Thank [zb] it’s not on my patch.

Same here and I’m off till the 6th Jan :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:
M62 has 2 holes on it that I know of. Mcr and L/pool.

Both [zb] holes.

Quite right.
The place in the middle, Warrington is an even bigger one now.

Tell me about it. It’s like living in mainland Europe.

Cant remember the last time I heard the English language.

Well in all honesty between the M62 and M60 they have paid for my car in overtime this year… Bring it on, car upgrade this year :sunglasses: :laughing:

Drift:
Well in all honesty between the M62 and M60 they have paid for my car in overtime this year… Bring it on, car upgrade this year :sunglasses: :laughing:

Yeah you can nick a better class of car off the M60 lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

Drift:

Yeah you can nick a better class of car off the M60 lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheaper finance that way :blush:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Cheaper finance that way :blush:

Ha ha :laughing: :laughing:

M62…Wonder when they will finish it east side. Three lanes then it just ends with a slip off into the village of North Cave etc. and down to two lane duel carriage (a63) way right into Hull, most of which winds it’s way around other things. Acts as a buffer zone I suppose, can’t see how they can make it any better TBH and as we know even the Humber bridge has not got a direct m, way connection. Still, Hull dunt get that busy doe’s it chaps :unamused: :smiley:.

we just call em curves m8 :smiley:

M62 now fully reopened, so couldn’t have been that serious.

Huge tampon deployed then :wink:

Well folks it was wider than 1 lane and about 8 foot deep, I can tell you that it was filled, resurfaced, new white lines, cats eyes, and reopened at approx 9pm last night.

The real Biffo:
Well folks it was wider than 1 lane and about 8 foot deep, I can tell you that it was filled, resurfaced, new white lines, cats eyes, and reopened at approx 9pm last night.

[ZB]ing hell, thats bloody good going. For once I think we should respect highways for getting out there and getting the job done quite quickly

[ZB]ing hell, thats bloody good going. For once I think we should respect highways for getting out there and getting the job done quite quickly
:smiley: +1