Sin Binning.

Had the misfortune of visiting Nisa in Scunthorpe last night. Because I missed my delivery slot, they said they were going to “sin bin” me. Should get to me in about three hours or so. When I told them the order would be coming back on Monday, they miraculously found someone to tip me.

I don’t normally do RDC work, is this standard practise and do drivers really tolerate it?

I tolerate it when it suits - such as when I want to make some extra hours on a shorter day and so on.

Normal for that place, gotta have some of the most ignorant goods in staff going*. They usually do find a slot a but quicker for missed times but like to make you think they doing you a major favour.

Btw dont worry, if you ontime and on the bay still expect to wait hours to tip. Worse still it got bugger all mobile signal. Waiting room is one of the most uncomfortable and cant sit in truck.

• Ok Wincanton Corby beat them on that front, but yeah they in the lower lot.

Culina Ettingshall. Another one in the list. They took a copy of my CPC card. I asked why and they said it was something to with a stolen trailer. Apparently someone booked in under a false name, hooked up a trailer and away they went.

I just said the security must be ■■■■ to the security guard :laughing:

Or…if you had just appeared to not give a flying one and say something like ‘‘Oh spot on mate, I’m on overtime rate in 10 minutes, just give me a knock when you want me I’ll be asleep in the bunk’’ they don’t know how to re.act to it as they are used to the teararses and the conscientious, and they are disappointed that they have not ■■■■■■ you off.
Guaranteed to be tipped within the hour, works every time learned that one years ago.

robroy:
Or…if you had just appeared to not give a flying one and say something like ‘‘Oh spot on mate, I’m on overtime rate in 10 minutes, just give me a knock when you want me I’ll be asleep in the bunk’’ they don’t know how to re.act to it as they are used to the teararses and the conscientious, and they are disappointed that they have not ■■■■■■ you off.
Guaranteed to be tipped within the hour, works every time learned that one years ago.

Yep , they don’t like the " I’m paid by the hour" or "I’m on over time at time and half " :grimacing:

blue estate:

robroy:

Yep , they don’t like the " I’m paid by the hour" or "I’m on over time at time and half " :grimacing:

Yeah I’ve found this too tbh. Normally I’ll wait a bit then I’ll go question and when I get the reasoning I’ll pop the old ‘paid by the hour take as long as you want’ chestnut and normally not long after that things start moving

toonsy:
Culina Ettingshall. Another one in the list. They took a copy of my CPC card. I asked why and they said it was something to with a stolen trailer. Apparently someone booked in under a false name, hooked up a trailer and away they went.

I just said the security must be [zb] to the security guard [emoji38]

Its true. We sometimes do deliveries for them on their own trailers. Someone took tractor unit in , hooked up and away they went to do the “deliveries”.

We have to do it whether pulling their trailers or our own.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

blue estate:

robroy:

Mines usually…‘Not a problem mate …Time is money ,to me’

It looks like a few of us have had similar experiences on this holding you up thing, and dealt with it in the same way, …make out you aint in the least bothered (even if some days your spitting feathers) feet on dash in full view, pour a coffee and read the paper.
We know they are just being ■■■■ awkward, and want to ■■■■ us off by making us wait…but why?
I know some take great pleasure in being arsey but most of them?
Is it another anti truck/anti driver thing or what?

robroy:
It looks like a few of us have had similar experiences on this holding you up thing, and dealt with it in the same way, …make out you aint in the least bothered (even if some days your spitting feathers) feet on dash in full view, pour a coffee and read the paper.
We know they are just being [zb] awkward, and want to ■■■■ us off by making us wait…but why?
I know some take great pleasure in being arsey but most of them?
Is it another anti truck/anti driver thing or what?

Good point.

I too have found the more you seem to accept the delay, the more determined the warehouse staff will be in getting you on your way.
So the reason why?. I would assume it’s a power and control issue for them, the great British envy of hating on anyone that appears to be doing better than yourself.
Generally allmost all security personal are socal misfits on a power trip.

Can you all please stop pointing this out on an open forum. Unlikely as it may seem, there’s bound to be a forkie out there who can read.

the nodding donkey:
Can you all please stop pointing this out on an open forum. Unlikely as it may seem, there’s bound to be a forkie out there who can read.

Only if we write in Polish…

the nodding donkey:

Ha ha, reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a truck driver, and another driver pulls up at the pumps asleep, wakes up, gets out the cab, turns the autopilot off, and looks at Homer and says “shhhh” because it’s a huge secret known only to truck drivers.

3 hours? You got off lightly sir
Thursday I arrived at Argos Eurocentral at 1615 for a booking due at 3pm.
“We havent got the staff the now. Go on the spare bay and we’l get to you when we can”
1630 I was on the bay and put tacho on break.
Ten to ■■■■■■■ 12 before I got moving again, and I kid you not!

On this subject of waiting times, I’m interested if any of you have been to Transmec in Reddtich and if you have, what you think of the place?

Banned for life from there, apparently. Lost the rag with the little grey haired helmet after he literally threw my keys at me. May have raised my voice and said a naughty word or two.

I think I would have detached my retinas from rolling my eyes that hard had some hi vis hero told me I was sin binned.

A.

TiredAndEmotional:

the nodding donkey:

Only if we write in Polish…

:grimacing:

toonsy:

I just said the security must be [zb] to the security guard :laughing:

the same happened in the 1990s at Mc gregor cory hackbridge,agency driver turns up,shows I D got let through by security,he was given a unit and told which trailer he needed,done all the connecting up and walk round checks,pulled out and they never saw him again,they did eventually find the empty trailer and unit,this was about 3 weeks before christmas

Funny that. I collected a load of cigarettes in a container years ago, which was like going into the Royal Mint… But carry a load of alcohol, and, nobody bats an eyelid. .