silly cyclists

i love this blokes videos just shows what we’re up againsthttp://youtu.be/1ijai9ZQkis

All cyclists are female reproductive organs. End of :exclamation:

we have locally a few rider groups who insist on riding 2 and 3 abreast and show sod all respect for vehicles :smiling_imp:

mezzzz1211:
i love this blokes videos just shows what we’re up againsthttp://youtu.be/1ijai9ZQkis

Yes there are some riders on the road that are less then perfect but theres just as many vidioes of stupid car drivers stupid truck drivers and stupid people genrally.
Im sure the cyclists in those vidoes are in the minority. not sure how your are “up aginst” them not like there going to do you much harm
Live and let live so what if you load of washing powder or what ever is heled up for 1 minuite not like its going to have any major effect

People on here are the first to moan when thers anything in the press that attacks “truck drivers” in genral

AHT:

mezzzz1211:

Yes there are some riders on the road that are less then perfect but theres just as many vidioes of stupid car drivers stupid truck drivers and stupid people genrally.
Im sure the cyclists in those vidoes are in the minority. not sure how your are “up aginst” them not like there going to do you much harm
Live and let live so what if you load of washing powder or what ever is heled up for 1 minuite not like its going to have any major effect

People on here are the first to moan when thers anything in the press that attacks “truck drivers” in genral

and when a trucker is proseccuted cos some arse in lycra cant wait 2 secs and blasts up the inside getting himself hurt or even killed.
up against is the stupidity and downright disregard of road law that MOST cyclist’s have and as a hgv driver trying to anticipate their next stupid move is nigh on impossible, see all 37 of this blokes videos an tell me these people are the minority .
its time cyclists were registered an held accountable for their actions

mezzzz1211:

AHT:

mezzzz1211:

and when a trucker is proseccuted cos some arse in lycra cant wait 2 secs and blasts up the inside getting himself hurt or even killed.
up against is the stupidity and downright disregard of road law that MOST cyclist’s have and as a hgv driver trying to anticipate their next stupid move is nigh on impossible, see all 37 of this blokes videos an tell me these people are the minority .
its time cyclists were registered an held accountable for their actions

To the same token, why don’t all other vehicle drivers sit a cyclist awareness course as part of their test?

Well I’m an hgv driver, a car driver, a cyclist and I ride a motorbike, I can annoy everyone at sometime or another :slight_smile:

HGV drivers are never prosicuted when it isnt there fault, i would say in most cases there not prosicuted when they are at fault.

That guy has 37 vids showing about 8 people less then 300 cyclists yeah im sure that represents a good number of the good 300,000 or so racing cyclists in the UK and probably twice that again who commute and arnt members of an organisation.

mutley:
Well I’m an hgv driver, a car driver, a cyclist and I ride a motorbike, I can annoy everyone at sometime or another :slight_smile:

you should be burned at the stake right now :grimacing:

There’s nothing quite like cycling to bring out the morons. Some of the stuff people put on forums about what should happen to cyclists is pathetic. I’ve never seen or heard of a cyclist coming off better in a run in with any vehicle. Yes there are poor cyclists as well as poor drivers but come on, are you really trying to tell me you would be happy to main or kill someone just to get to the next hold up a few seconds quicker. How about some justice for cyclists. Recently the courts have sent a man to jail for 11 yrs for arson, 4 years for stealing crisps. Set that against killing a cyclist on the A38 due to negligent driving, £200 fine and community service! Wtf is that all about? Just give cyclists a little more room and time.

Slackbladder:
There’s nothing quite like cycling to bring out the morons. Some of the stuff people put on forums about what should happen to cyclists is pathetic. I’ve never seen or heard of a cyclist coming off better in a run in with any vehicle. Yes there are poor cyclists as well as poor drivers but come on, are you really trying to tell me you would be happy to main or kill someone just to get to the next hold up a few seconds quicker. How about some justice for cyclists. Recently the courts have sent a man to jail for 11 yrs for arson, 4 years for stealing crisps. Set that against killing a cyclist on the A38 due to negligent driving, £200 fine and community service! Wtf is that all about? Just give cyclists a little more room and time.

Well said, saw a guy get knocked off last night on a mini round about a the cars to his left and streight ahead gave way, he was turning right, there was a taxi to his right but at the time he enterd the roundabout the taxi was traviling slowly and about 3 car lengths away from the r/b as soon as the cyclist crossed the line the taxi drive floored it on the the round about and blasted his horn knocking the guy off, that i belive is as close as you can get to delibratly causing an accident, will the police be intrested very much dought it, i left my details along with 4 other wittnesses aint been contacted yet although i have writtain a statement just incase

Also a mate of mine Lewis 18 at the time was killed in near preston when a van driver overtook a truck while on his phone hitting him head on, dont think the driver ever actally got charged even though it was obvious he was at fault and there were whitnesses

bikeradar.com/news/article/t … kyi-28989/

I have many more stories of mates who have been seriously injured by car drivers where even though the police have proved the car driver was at fault no charges have been brought against them

A week after lewis was killed a girl i know and one of his mates of a simlar age had a car turn accors her and she went through the windscreen again as she was not killed the police said it was not worth pressing charges

What an original idea for a thread. Perhaps we could combine all the regular thread ideas into one;

“I wanna be an owner driver, I love zip merging whilst riding my push bike wearing a Stobarts uniform and being chased by VOSA.”

mutley:

Me too, although I haven’t had my push bike out for some time.

For ‘silly cyclists’ there’s no place worse than In Holland & Belgium…The law (over here) state’s that a cyclist can’t be held responsible If they’re involved In an accident. WTF!! The mind boggles…

Geoffo:
For ‘silly cyclists’ there’s no place worse than In Holland & Belgium…The law (over here) state’s that a cyclist can’t be held responsible If they’re involved In an accident. WTF!! The mind boggles…

Does it buggery, it states that a motorist is responsible for injuries to cyclists unless there the cyclists acts negligently and is at fault or to that effect.
Basicly means the “I didnt see you (because i didnt bother to look)” doesnt wash over there

AHT:

Geoffo:

Does it buggery, it states that a motorist is responsible for injuries to cyclists unless there the cyclists acts negligently and is at fault or to that effect.
Basicly means the “I didnt see you (because i didnt bother to look)” doesnt wash over there

I’m not talking about British law. When I put ‘over here’ I mean over here in Benelux(I’m In Belgium)…

Learned a new phrase - When a cyclist gets wiped out because he comes up the inside of someone turning left it’s called “Being left hooked.” Very apt.

In these circumstances it would seem reasonable for the courts to assume the cyclist is at fault.

hammer:
What an original idea for a thread. Perhaps we could combine all the regular thread ideas into one;

“I wanna be an owner driver, I love zip merging whilst riding my push bike wearing a Stobarts uniform and being chased by VOSA.”

well im sorry ,i saw somthing i found intresting and thought id share ,didnt realise it had to meet your exacting standards :unamused:

mezzzz1211:

hammer:

well im sorry ,i saw somthing i found intresting and thought id share ,didnt realise it had to meet your exacting standards :unamused:

Its been done though, over and over and over. Nobody ever uses the search facility and its always the same stuff on here.

Compared with other sites I frequent the moderation is awful. More threads should be locked or merged to prevent the incessant repetition that puts people, even regulars, off after a while.

Geoffo:

AHT:

Geoffo:

I’m not talking about British law. When I put ‘over here’ I mean over here in Benelux(I’m In Belgium)…

I know i was talking about belgium law. in britain the law turns a blind eye to someone killing another preson with a motor vehicle, your unlucky if you get a £200 fine as its treated as just one of those things in most cases you would get god knowes how much free counciling on top of that and maby a nice wod of cash from your insurance for the trauma you put yourself through.
In belgium things are slightly better but still not 100%