silly cyclists

Santa:
Learned a new phrase - When a cyclist gets wiped out because he comes up the inside of someone turning left it’s called “Being left hooked.” Very apt.

In these circumstances it would seem reasonable for the courts to assume the cyclist is at fault.

yeah very funny when your talking about someone being killed

It does make me angry when they travel two abreast. I know it’s the legal, but have some consideration. Once you get out of your lycra and in to your 4x4 you will be the first to complain about a truck or tractor holding you up.

Also, the cyclists who ride on the road next to a perfectly pot hole free cycle path do my noggin.

I cycle too and if I can see I am holding up a bus or lorry or even a few cars I will jump on to the pavement or pull on to the verge to let them past. Cyclists should be allowed to use the pavement. Safer for everyone.

Squiddy:
Cyclists should be allowed to use the pavement. Safer for everyone.

Except pedestrians, maybe?

I always give cyclists the same amount of room as I would any other vehicle when overtaking, I imagine they are the width of a car and pass them wide, like you should. As a young’un, I used to cycle seven miles to work along a very dangerous road in the early hours of the morning. Car drivers tended to pass fairly wide but most HGV drivers didn’t and seemed to take great pleasure in getting as close as possible despite the road being wide enough and quiet enough for them to move over a bit.

Sorry, that doesn’t really fit in here does it? I’ll try and blend in with the crowd a bit more: BLOODY CYCLITZ NEED BANNING FROM UK ROADS. TEK THERE BIKEZ OFF EM AND LEAVE THE ROADS CLEAR FOR ME IN MY LORRY BECOZ IM MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHER ROAD USERS.

That’s better.

SmashedCrabFace:

Squiddy:

I always give cyclists the same amount of room as I would any other vehicle when overtaking, I imagine they are the width of a car and pass them wide, like you should. As a young’un, I used to cycle seven miles to work along a very dangerous road in the early hours of the morning. Car drivers tended to pass fairly wide but most HGV drivers didn’t and seemed to take great pleasure in getting as close as possible despite the road being wide enough and quiet enough for them to move over a bit.

Sorry, that doesn’t really fit in here does it? I’ll try and blend in with the crowd a bit more: BLOODY CYCLITZ NEED BANNING FROM UK ROADS. TEK THERE BIKEZ OFF EM AND LEAVE THE ROADS CLEAR FOR ME IN MY LORRY BECOZ IM MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHER ROAD USERS.

That’s better.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

pete904ni:

SmashedCrabFace:

Squiddy:

That’s better.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Exactly, I’m sure there are many more people who can ride a bike then drive a HGV