Shunting

Ive got a week or two in a Terberg shunt motor has anyone got any tips thay can pass on?.

I have NEVER driven one before but i have had a little bit of training and passed my test, so please tell me what to expect.

P.S. Mike-C phone me before you gewt our place ands ill have a nice shiny trailer ready for you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Sometimes trailers fall off the back for no other reason than the fact the pinlock has decided to not lock anymore whilst you are moving .

Happens at least a few times a month at my place .

jammymutt:
Ive got a week or two in a Terberg shunt motor has anyone got any tips thay can pass on?.

I have NEVER driven one before but i have had a little bit of training and passed my test, so please tell me what to expect.

P.S. Mike-C phone me before you gewt our place ands ill have a nice shiny trailer ready for you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Will do! I drove one for a year or so, they’re great. You just never want to get out and wind legs and stuff up again!! With the weights we’re carrying don’t lift the trailer up to high they wobble a bit as you’re turning if you go sharp and quick!!
If you hear scraping sound, don’t worry its just the rear bumper and it’ll only be scratched underneath, nobody will see it!! Oh, one more thing to expect is to put a bit of weight on from all the dinners you’ll be able to get from the canteen!

It’s easy to reverse over the pin…go careful.

The one I drove had NO rear suspension so if you’re shunting an empty trailer or solo expect a very bumpy ride.

Great for reversing (as you would expect) You’ll be blind reversing trailers into the tightest spots first time.

Have fun.

Also, leave your sense of humour at home, and opt for the one with the biggest flashing beacon on top.

…And don’t forget to ignore any on-site speed limits or one way systems… :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Deesider:
…And don’t forget to ignore any on-site speed limits or one way systems… :stuck_out_tongue:

Class :laughing: . And if you need to put a trailer where Mike-C is doing up his curtains, don’t put up with him telling you to wait until he’s finished and stop being impatient like he says to other shunters around the country :wink: :wink: .

Rob K:

Deesider:

Class :laughing: . And if you need to put a trailer where Mike-C is doing up his curtains, don’t put up with him telling you to wait until he’s finished and stop being impatient like he says to other shunters around the country :wink: :wink: .

How old are you really Rob? I’m looking at the content of some of your posts and something aint right, i just can’t put my finger on it.

:laughing: :wink: . I was referring to something you’d written a few weeks ago on another forum (not LDF). :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
:lol: :wink: . I was referring to something you’d written a few weeks ago on another forum (not LDF). :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand exactly what you are refering to, you’ve no need to explain i can assure you it hasn’t escaped my mediocre truck driving brain. If you want to make me look stupid just PM me and i’ll write down what you have to say then you can copy and paste it as your own work, it’ll save you trying for ages. It’s painful waiting!

Is this a gay thread ?

paul@midway:
Is this a gay thread ?

Yes, we where waiting for you.

Jammymutt i forgot something! If the trailer brake is by the suzie connections then i don’t put it on as the shunter can access it easy, if it’s one of the ones down the side then i put it on so he has to get out to take it off! You, will have to remember when dropping trailers off for the night lads to lift it up and lower the legs fully before dropping it so that if they’re not paying attention in the dark it’ll cost them their back lights, and tie them TIR cords up in fancy non standard knots as well!!

Well its the end of my 2 week stint at shunting, all i can say is i have had an ecxcellent 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it its the same money as drivers but its far easier and i feel as if im actually earning a wage rather than taking it off them driving easily for a living.

One thing i can tunderstand thoguh is WHY are most shunters miserable â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  as as far as i have sen the job is as easy as eating pie.!

jammymutt:
all i can say is i have had an ecxcellent 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it !

That’s the problem. You failed the attitude test.

:smiley:

Mike-C:

paul@midway:
Is this a gay thread ?

â– â– â– â–  it i,d forgotten about this . Is a good bumming out of the question , would it be cheeky to request a reach around .

paul@midway:

Mike-C:

paul@midway:
Is this a gay thread ?

â– â– â– â–  it i,d forgotten about this . Is a good bumming out of the question , would it be cheeky to request a reach around .

It’s not out of the question at all. I’ve already heard about you and i would like you to know i would keep you up all night and make you so sore that you couldn’t sit down.

Good man you’re rampant .

Pm me .