Shunting

I got a £10 tip from a grateful driver when I was shunting last Saturday! If Carlsberg made shunters…

This is my mode of transport
I treat everybody I meet the same and I must admit 90% of the people who come through the gates are polite and adhere to our site rules ( they are explained at the gatehouse)
Our site is heavily monitored by cameras occasionally I’m asked by my supervisor to instruct the odd visitor to comply with the site policy (your every move is being watched)
I again approach with manners and kindly ask them to keep to the rules which were instructed to them on their arrival
Most are apologetic and adhere but some get stroppy and I get the usual your only the ■■■■■■ Shunter tirade
I just reply I’m only doing my job mate look around you there’s cameras everywhere you either stick to our site rules or you’ll be asked to leave tipped or not and you and your company will be banned from our site permanently
At the end of the day there’s good and bad in every walks of life
I’m not too good at first when it comes to reversing in a road going lorry but like I tell drivers that come to our yard there’s no rush and there’s no prizes for getting it on the bay in one shunt

eagerbeaver:
Just having a pop at me. Lol.

Don’t bother Chief, you are mentally under equipped to take me on.

How are your neighbourhood watch meetings going by the way?

You’ve got a cheek calling me mentally under equipped after some of the so called jokes you have posted on here!

Very presumptuous of you. I wish you could see where I live. No neighbourhood watch necessary.

Your that boring no one wants to live near you.

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:
Question mark on manual entry, simples [emoji16]

A letter of attestation will also suffice.

I used to cover shunting for holiday and sickness in my last job and I did enjoy it especially when all the international deliveries used to come in it was always comical to watch them.

You can have just as much fun watching them at your new place I hear :grimacing:

Colin_scottish:

Another presumptuous person. Ha if only you knew the truth. If I am boring what does that make you? :laughing:

A bored person thanks for asking grandad now time for your bingo session.

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Pimpdaddy:
Question mark on manual entry, simples [emoji16]

A letter of attestation will also suffice.

I used to cover shunting for holiday and sickness in my last job and I did enjoy it especially when all the international deliveries used to come in it was always comical to watch them.

You can have just as much fun watching them at your new place I hear :grimacing:

No the old place was better Nick, they would arrive at the same time and all try and get on the bays at the same time and get in each other’s way, the co pilot would stand behind the trailer waving his arms around guiding his mate in but not realising his mate couldn’t actually see him. Then they would hand their keys in and try and sneak back into the cab which was a no no after one pulled off with a warehouse bod inside on a pallet truck.

For Christ’s sake Colin. Bloody cup of tea all over my laptop.

LMAO!!

albion1971:

Colin_scottish:

Another presumptuous person. Ha if only you knew the truth. If I am boring what does that make you? :laughing:

I love this forum :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
For Christ’s sake Colin. Bloody cup of tea all over my laptop.

LMAO!!

Great does that mean it’s knackered and we don’t have to put up with your weird sense of humour anymore?

Yes Rob I love it too but sometimes I need to go to the adult section. :laughing:

Have I upset you Albion. Apologies.

Tell us all about Corfu in the 80’s.

No need to apologise you have not upset me. What makes you think that?

Why would I tell you about Corfu? I could probably tell you a thing or two about truck driving though. :laughing:

Oh. Must be my error. I thought for a minute that I had read a post by you, claiming you had ridden a motorcycle in Corfu in just a t-shirt and shorts. (You know, like a real pro).
I also thought that you had claimed that riding bike’s was more skilful than anything else. Funny that…I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid. So around 30years or so, and they are an absolute piece of ■■■■.

You talk absolute ■■■■■■■■ man, lol.

eagerbeaver:
Oh. Must be my error. I thought for a minute that I had read a post by you, claiming you had ridden a motorcycle in Corfu in just a t-shirt and shorts. (You know, like a real pro).
I also thought that you had claimed that riding bike’s was more skilful than anything else. Funny that…I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid. So around 30years or so, and they are an absolute piece of ■■■■.

You are quire correct I did say that but why would I want to tell you about it?

A piece of ■■■■ eh? Been round any UK tracks? Lets compare lap times. Been round the TT circuit? Average speed please?

If you think I am talking bollox let’s talk bikes and exactly what your experience consists of compared to mine.

Quick decision to make.

Cut toe nails, or enter into a knob measuring exercise with a hypocrite?

Toes win every time.

albion1971:

eagerbeaver:

You are quire correct I did say that but why would I want to tell you about it?

A piece of ■■■■ eh? Been round any UK tracks? Lets compare lap times. Been round the TT circuit? Average speed please?

If you think I am talking bollox let’s talk bikes and exactly what your experience consists of compared to mine.

Ha Ha albion you make me laugh, when are you going to take your ball home :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha Ha albion you make me laugh

Glad of that but at least we now know who is the one talking bollox. :laughing:

robroy:

albion1971:

Colin_scottish:

I love this forum :laughing: :laughing:

+1
Me too.
Its probably the only forum where something as mundane as “how do I record driving time as a shunter” could end up in open warfare :laughing:

Got to a have laugh its all good fun.