Shunting and tacho help please

If i.m shunting from our yard to 1 mile down the road all day. Do i need a tacho? Trying to get some exra work in to pay for wedding :slight_smile: c
heers guys.

Danny27404:
If i.m shunting from our yard to 1 mile down the road all day. Do i need a tacho? Trying to get some exra work in to pay for wedding :slight_smile: c
heers guys.

If you go onto public roads regardless of whether it’s 100 yards or 100 miles then you come in-scope of the regulations, so yes legally you do need to use a tachograph :wink:

How do terbergs get away with it?

Danny27404:
How do terbergs get away with it?

Depends if they are on private property or not. If on the public highway, they fall under tacho rules.

Ok because you get th taxed and with a reg plate but no tacho unit. Tesco and sainsburys have some like that.

Danny27404:
Ok because you get th taxed and with a reg plate but no tacho unit. Tesco and sainsburys have some like that.

But do they take them on-road pulling trailers ? I doubt it.

They do. Tesco doncaster sainsburys ekilbride. I see it all the time. Waitrose do to.

tesco dont take the terbergs on the public roads

gogzy:

yes they do
from Hinckley RDC to RSU across main road, all off 100 yards.

Maybe they are running on domestic rules?

andy187:

gogzy:

yes they do

100 yards isnt the same as mile, plus the terbergs dont have a tacho, im sure its on domestic rules but cant remember when i asked about it

and if they did with the amount of stopping and starting they did you could do a full 10 hours driving in about 3 hours

Ok makes sense i suppose. Oh well looks like a loan then. Good old tacho rules shafted again.

Do these purpose built shunters come under the same rules as say Fork Lift Trucks/Plant - no-one expects a 10 tonne FLT which is made legal for the public highway to come under tacho regs :question: :question: :question:

andy187:

gogzy:

yes they do

Good point because as prev persons have said public road is public road wether its 1yrd or 100yrd. So are the super mkts wrong or are we missing loop hole or summot. Either way tacho rules â– â– â– â–  and now am going to have to pay the bank interest.

Fork lifts are classed as plant, and like agricultural vehicles, they can get away with anything. Perhaps terbergs are classed as plant?

Danny27404:

andy187:

gogzy:

yes they do

Good point because as prev persons have said public road is public road wether its 1yrd or 100yrd. So are the super mkts wrong or are we missing loop hole or summot. Either way tacho rules â– â– â– â–  and now am going to have to pay the bank interest.

thing is with say tesco, vosa aint gonna be knocking at their doorstep for tachos etc so really they can get away with it

Any vehicle not capable of exceeding 40 km/h is exempt from EU regulations.

I’ve never driven one but I assume that this would probably apply to the terbergs ?

If so then Domestic rules would apply.

tachograph:
Any vehicle not capable of exceeding 40 km/h is exempt from EU regulations.

I’ve never driven one but I assume that this would probably apply to the terbergs ?

22.5 mph

Morrisons bellshill take terbergs on public roads , they move trailers to and from trucktec just down the road for trailer refurbs.

Id give vosa a phone in the morning as this seems to be a ‘‘nobody knows’’ one on here. Rog give them a phone :grimacing:

manowar:
Fork lifts are classed as plant, and like agricultural vehicles, they can get away with anything. Perhaps terbergs are classed as plant?

This is the reason tugs dont need a tacho,speed limiter and here’s the best part…you dont need a class 1 licence,only a class 2.We use a terberg to run between our warehouse and our trailer park,appox 1/4 of a mile and although 3 of our 4 shunters have their class 1’s one of them only has a class 2,he can take a 45ft fridge up the yard with the terbeg but not if it’s got a tractor unit on the front :unamused: :unamused:

stobarts at crick use them on te road to go from tesco on one side of the estate across to the other …but stilas it STOBARTS theyed get away with anything