Shunters

Stepthru asked for some shunter pics. Heres a couple to get started.

Found it at Snowies yard near Stirling back in August. I don’t think it is theirs as Carntyne are (were?) leasing the yard from them. All the Snowie wagons which I was hoping to get had been sold to Oran Waste and moved to their yard.

thats the sort of thing I’m looking for!

cheers

this is the dog i used to go in and do overtime on a sunday shunting trailers round the yard (doddle of a job)

it had proberbly been of the road about 2 years

jon

here is a few of the ones i have seen on my travels, think they have all been in t&d…

and the one which was still on the road when i worked there…

These ones have the added attraction of being currently for sale if you fancy a project!!!

…old ERF

…GUY Warrior

…Foden

check out the website, http://www.rushgreenmotors.com

chorcheela:

…GUY Warrior

that looks like a proper animal!!!

]

What about that one then, an Atkinson from the 60’s…

…and that one■■? an old Seddon diesel tractor :laughing:

The last two are at Rush Green - they won’t leave unless a significant amount of money changes hands either…

marky:
The last two are at Rush Green - they won’t leave unless a significant amount of money changes hands either…

and they’ll need a little bit of attention before they go shunting too :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

marky:

and they’ll need a little bit of attention before they go shunting too :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, the last two aren’t shunters (well not in the last 20 years anyway…I got a bit carried away!!! :laughing:

They do look a bit beyond a viable restoration to’ I would have thought!!

are Rush Greenknown for being particularly pricey then>?>

Looking on their site they seem to have an awful lot of vehicles returning to nature!

stepthru:
are Rush Greenknown for being particularly pricey then?

Hysterically so - yes.

The fact that there’s so much stuff in there that hasn’t moved since it arrived (in some cases over 40 years ago) is a good enough indication that they aren’t known for parting with stuff easily.

marky:
[
Hysterically so - yes.

The fact that there’s so much stuff in there that hasn’t moved since it arrived (in some cases over 40 years ago) is a good enough indication that they aren’t known for parting with stuff easily.

seems a shame – there’s some nice old wagons on that website…

do they mind people visiting to take pics or should I be “looking for a part…” if I go??

chorcheela I remember when those Seddons first came out. BRS Ipswich had a couple & they were the biz in those days. I was trundling round in a clapped out Leyland Comet.

Heres a snap of our companies shunter, next to the newest motor we’ve got :smiley:

Mine is the new one. Thats the one with the three pointed star on the front.
No, mine isn’t the shunter before you ask, the MAN Roadhaus is. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And heres a few of a local restoration project.

i do like those ERFs esp with that range of cabs - much nicer imo than the B series.

I;ll have to try and get a picture but a colleague’s plant hire yard still has a 70’s Foden unit (no idea what model) shunting - it’s a smoky old beast – but i can report from a test on a “private road” that it goes like a train though!!
very very strange gearbox to a youngster like me though!

It’s a Jennings-built 3LV - at least 7 years prior to the SP-cabbed B-Series.

Nice seeing the old ERF 8 legger, i’ve always thought an 8 wheeler looks
just right . Don’t know what the model it was but i drove an ERF with an
earlier cab than that, it was round at the front with a big oval in the middle,
man, was it ugly, but i liked it :unamused:

Charles

I drove the artic version of that ERF with a ■■■■■■■ 180. It went like stink .A good truck at the time.