Should i return driving

Hi all, i’ve been out of driving for about 4 years done differant jobs farming, gardening now working for the mod as an lgv driving instructor. I work monday to friday 8:15 to 16:15, 6 weeks paid leave plus 2 weeks at christmas &full sick pay. Thing is i’am board should i go back driving or seek medical advice.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

its like smack, you can leave it for so long but eventually you go back ,
so youll be back whether you want to or not

Depends why you left driving in the first place? Do you want to go back to long unsociable hours, without the company bennifits you currently have!? Swings and round abouts I suppose. I miss my old job when I’ve had a pants week. But when I think about the possibilaty of going back to the same comute twice a day, to the same office day in day out, the same people moaning about the same things!! :unamused: I’d go back if I had to but at the mement I’m sitting tight enjoying the freedom and my selected company. :slight_smile: Good luck.

Come on back and I’ll have your job… :smiley: :smiley:

do blokes on smack spend there time off talking bout it on a forum■■?

stay away if you can… you will regret it when you got no life… just say no!!

Hi I’m in a similar situation as you, but I’m a self employed builder doing mostly stone work, the work is very profitable but at the moment there is a lack of work (as there is always this time of year). So I have decided to go back into haulage, I’m going to do agency work for the time being, although I did nearly go back to european work last week! probably regret not doing it, but there you go.
As people have said it is in your blood, it’s been in mine since…along time ago.
Am I looking forward to it…yes but slightly anxious.
SMc

Seek medical advice defo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[qu :unamused:ote= 6 weeks paid leave plus 2 weeks at christmas &full sick pay.
:unamused: :unamused: Are you Mad however only you can decide :sunglasses:

6 weeks paid leave plus 2 weeks at christmas &full sick pay.

No offence T-Lad, but I find that part of your post very hard to believe!

Me thinky this a wind up!

your bored
hence the question should i go back to it
only you can answer that buddy
what would you gain what would you lose :question:

ANDY1961:

6 weeks paid leave plus 2 weeks at christmas &full sick pay.

No offence T-Lad, but I find that part of your post very hard to believe!

Me thinky this a wind up!

no its not a wind up . jobs like this do exist just the money is on the lower side of the scale

With your 8 weeeks of

Even 1 day a week will give you a feel.

I use to have 30 days holiday
5 service days
and a day in lieu for bank holidays.

Got bored after 10 years.
Gave it up and went driving.

Do i regret it ? frequently.
am i happier now though ? definately.

The trouble with last job.
I had too much time off.
But didnt earn enough to go on holiday etc…

fatles:
do blokes on smack spend there time off talking bout it on a forum■■?

YES!
And I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is bored, find a stoner forum and sign up. Some of the most amazing conversations you’ll ever read in your life…

The funniest one I’ve ever seen is “My pillow is soooooooo fluffy”

No wind up m8 civil service money not great but not bad for the hours

For petes sake stay where you are mate, the economy’s just about to take a further dive, wages will plummet in our game, too many drivers about now (just what the government wanted), i reckon we’ll be fighting each other for a fiver an hour yet. I hope i’m wrong but i wont be holding my breath.

Lastly, and most importamtly you’re heading for a proper pension, something most of us can only dream about.

As one of the other posters said, do a bit of agency whilst your on leave, and then realise just how well off you are.

Juddian:
For petes sake stay where you are mate, the economy’s just about to take a further dive, wages will plummet in our game, too many drivers about now (just what the government wanted), i reckon we’ll be fighting each other for a fiver an hour yet. I hope i’m wrong but i wont be holding my breath.

Lastly, and most importamtly you’re heading for a proper pension, something most of us can only dream about.

As one of the other posters said, do a bit of agency whilst your on leave, and then realise just how well off you are.

this country is still economically viable with the growth rate at 2.3 %
due to the migrant workers that take the jobs the idle brits wont :smiling_imp:
as our economie is competing with the chinese due to these people
as for there being to many drivers about . no all year round the job vacancies are there the yanks are in rececisssion we might miss this one ?

How long have you got left before retirement T Lad?

Think of the pension you will get. And will it give you a good payout if you take it early, if not i personaly would stick with it, but as stated if you have some spare time try agency work and see if you like it. The Agency work is a little slow at the moment so wait till it picks up.
I gave up my last job 14 months ago through being bored, i was with them for 7 years, and 16 years in my previous job. Im still with the agency but have not had more than 2 weeks work since xmas. Proberly because my name is not Jazec and i wont do stupid hours.

Good luck. .

T-Lad - gather you must be at Leconfield. Are Chris N & John C still there as instructors?

T-Lad:
Hi all, i’ve been out of driving for about 4 years done differant jobs farming, gardening now working for the mod as an lgv driving instructor. I work monday to friday 8:15 to 16:15, 6 weeks paid leave plus 2 weeks at christmas &full sick pay. Thing is i’am board should i go back driving or seek medical advice.

Lets put it this way, I’m applying to work at your spot as a storeman cos the jobs in Hull ■■■■, so does the pay and driving in the UK is a joke.

If you go back to driving, its before sunrise starts and 12 hour days/55+ hr weeks.