Shortage of lgv drivers...the solution

jacknife:
FFS, don’t tell me Antifa are on here :question: :angry: :smiling_imp:

Trust me they seem to be here and then some. :open_mouth:

Winseer:
If you’re trying to tell me these genuine terror attacks are all in my imagination, and that I should Embrace this bunch of killers - that’s never going to happen.

We’ve got our government right now telling us “Not to go to Russia to watch the World Cup - because some harm might come to you” - which is a crock of [zb] argument, aimed at reducing Putin’s perceived influence in the world possibly as a Right-leaning leader, and pretty much nothing else. If he’d lost the election, and we had some leftie wet letting Russia fall apart again, like that old drunkard Boris Yeltsin - then no doubt football fans would be flying over to Russia right now unhindered, the same as they have been to Germany, Brazil, etc in the past.

…At the same time, our government tells us (under EU edict) that we “must continue being nice to Muslims, because they are only murdering our kids, out of a desire to be accepted into our benefit system without being forced to renounce the so-called religion they say they are running away from…”

Russian kills of English-born Citizens: 0
Islamic kills of English-born Citizens: >1000 these past 5 years alone.

Nope, it’s not “in my imagination” then. I object to any attempted brainwashing to try and suggest it is otherwise. :angry:

Surely we don’t really have “Manchester Deniers” on here? Is anyone really going to try and argue that these terror attacks (with trucks) I posted above that didn’t even include the Mancester attack (done without a truck) - were all made up as “Fake News”■■?

And how about when a kid (a white kid in most cases) in America decides to get hold of a gun and kills lots of random people incl other kids, and what for? Just because he was bored or just been playing a violent video game… You see terror has no colour but it’s people like you who stigmatise it with certain religion/s

^^^ Jesus wept, but they must be putting something in the water, do wake up man.

The-Snowman:
Do you even know what racism means?

Yes. I’m one of the better educated and literate posters on this forum.

Harry Monk:
We could argue all day about what is and is not racism, but I’m sure you would agree that the only reason behind plans to train asylum seekers to drive HGVs is to put yet more downward pressure on wages. Why would any native truck driver support that?

It isn’t about driving wages down, it is because in Western Europe people don’t want to drive trucks any more because they realised how crap such work is and as they have an education, unlike many on this forum, they have alternatives open to them where they can earn the same or even more for a 30-something hour week in a nice place to work as we do in 60hrs a week out in all weathers.

Winseer:

In the UK? Don’t recall seeing anything like that number. And whilst Islamic-fundamentalists murders in the UK may reach double digits, there were over 100 murders in 2017 in London alone that had nothing to do with Islamic terrorists or any terrorists.

Conor:

The-Snowman:

Then please educate me how someone who states facts, uncomfortable they maybe, is racist?

How someone who doesn’t like Muslims is racist, despite the fact that Islam is a faith not a race?

Why the default response is to call someone a racist when people can’t think of a response to the points the “racists” raise

Conor:

Harry Monk:
We could argue all day about what is and is not racism, but I’m sure you would agree that the only reason behind plans to train asylum seekers to drive HGVs is to put yet more downward pressure on wages. Why would any native truck driver support that?

It isn’t about driving wages down, it is because in Western Europe people don’t want to drive trucks any more because they realised how crap such work is and as they have an education, unlike many on this forum, they have alternatives open to them where they can earn the same or even more for a 30-something hour week in a nice place to work as we do in 60hrs a week out in all weathers.

Then as one of the educated why do you drive? You frequently say how qualified you are so why are you here?

The current population don’t want to drive or do other manual jobs because they are being raised that they must go to university and get a degree. Manual jobs are looked down on.

My girlfriend works in hr and her boss has a PhD and a good job. She frequently emails my girlfriend in the evening and late at night and the weekend so does far from a 30 hour week you talk about. I will do 6 shifts this week but will earn more than her. 5 would match her. I have no uni debt to pay off either.

I used to work in retail and 60 hours a week was normal. My girlfriend works in the evening most days and at weekends. To many on here assume that we are the only industry that works long anti social hours, we are not

kcrussell25:
The current population don’t want to drive or do other manual jobs because they are being raised that they must go to university and get a degree. Manual jobs are looked down on.

I don’t think manual jobs are looked down on, especially not skilled ones. What is looked down on is poor pay, conditions, and lack of job security associated with manual jobs. Get a job as a track worker on a railway, doing heavy work, and no one will look down on you.

Build depots on the motorway corridors half way between each existing depot (with some facilities like clean toilets and a good cafeteria), bring hours down to reasonable proportions, and provide steady work, and haulage would have no shortage of people willing to be drivers.

There isn’t actually any driver shortage now - just a grave lack of drivers willing to work under existing pay and conditions.

It’s like the industry researchers have pointed out, a few years ago (iirc) some scheme took on a pile of new drivers, got them licences and provided some experience, and within a year or two there was an almost 100% attrition rate.

Even most factory and warehouse work, is still mostly 8 hour shifts, predictable start times, and has a good craic amongst people who work together. You will at least have a social life.

Conor:

Blimey does that mean that you’ll now voluntarily vacate your own job so that it can be given to a ‘refugee’ while you go off and do something more in keeping with that expected of a Western European. :laughing: Or for that matter all those of an indigenous background who are moaning about newly qualified Brits not being able to find a job easily because of the experience thing will now be told to do something more in keeping with your expectations of them while the same issues obviously won’t apply to your immigrant army. :unamused:

It’s clear who the racists are here and it isn’t those wanting to stop those like you from making the indigenous working class an ethnic minority,subject to reverse racial discrimination,in its own country as part of a Kalergi type plan.

Conor:

The-Snowman:

Not going by current evidence you arent.

kcrussell25:
Why the default response is to call someone a racist when people can’t think of a response to the points the “racists” raise

Its because conor is cut from the same cloth as harrawaffa. If anyone gives you facts about wrong doings by asylum seekers or muslims, call them racist.

Although once again I find myself giving a standing ovation to contradition conor. To have the balls to slag off truck drivers as you boast of leaving the industry for a better job so you can have a life only to admit to being back driving a mere three months later is gold in itself but add in to that the fact you still slag off lorry drivers is brass balls of a huge magnitude.
stands and applaudes

Conor:

The-Snowman:

If your head gets any bigger, your ears will be in different time zones. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

The-Snowman:

Now now, Vincent. Those kitchen units would never leave Howden if it wasn’t for their BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified agency drivers - and not just any BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified drivers either, only ones that studied at a red brick university.

Rob K:

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

FREE TOMMY ROBINSON :smiley:

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

The-Snowman:

Now now, Vincent. Those kitchen units would never leave Howden if it wasn’t for their BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified agency drivers - and not just any BEng (Hons) Electronics Engineering degree qualified drivers either, only ones that studied at a red brick university.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i would have thought that if conor was ever in a university then he must have got a job as the janitior. :unamused:

jacknife:
:arrow: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

Aye, his only crime was breaking the law! :laughing:

Conor:

Winseer:

In the UK? Don’t recall seeing anything like that number. And whilst Islamic-fundamentalists murders in the UK may reach double digits, there were over 100 murders in 2017 in London alone that had nothing to do with Islamic terrorists or any terrorists.

Don’t forget that Muslim on Muslim kills - counts as “English born citizens”… Acid attacks, drive-by shootings, & stabbings are not all Oriental “Triad” or “Yardie” or old fashioned “East End Villain” as much as they used to be… What was it? - 74 stabbings so far this year? Just run through the names of the accused to see where I’m coming from here…
Perhaps there is a perception that MAJOR Islamic terror attacks do not tally to a thousand plus vicitms? - So a few hundred then would be somehow OK when the government has completely altered foreign policy over one single incident that ended up not even killing anyone?

A bit disproportionate then… All this Anti Russia stuff, whilst we get told specifically NOT to be “Anti Islamic”. :imp:
…Then people wonder why Right-Wing characters like Trump, Erdogan, Orban, and even Putin - get elected in the first place!

The more the state tries to dictate who people can like and not like - the more we are going to rally against polical correctness that MAKES such a stance “compulsory”.
Meanwhile, the centerists we thought we voted OUT - are more in control of the bigger picture - than ever.

Back to “On Topic” and the solution is obvious:

Train UK born young drivers to be the new generation of truckers. Forget “Asylum Seekers” which is walking straight into the Lion’s mouth as far as “danger” is concerned.
Those EE’s coming here - are already taking driving jobs up and down the country, so no extra effort is needed there to “train any extra up”.
There’s no point in training people on the dole queues - because they won’t take a job of any description - unless it pays at least double for 40 hours of that work to what their maxed-out benefits would be, around £520 per week. There can’t be many £1040pw jobs out there for Dolewallers to take then eh? :unamused:

jacknife:

Rob K:

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

If you’re busting for a ■■■■, it is going to be damned hard to stay “on topic” then? :stuck_out_tongue:

“dieseldog999”]

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

The-Snowman:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i would have thought that if conor was ever in a university then he must have got a job as the janitior. :unamused:

If one is “Better educated” and off sick whilst posting - then does that make one “Ill Literate”? :smiling_imp: