Shopping

Intend to up grade this month 2004 to 2007/8 6x2 unit.
What are your opinions on the state of the market ie buyers or sellers market.
Anyone know what sort of margin dealers work on ie what should I be looking to slice off the advertised price.

Assuming it’s a Magnum you are talking about, I reckon the trade-in value of mine (08-reg 500DXI) would be £23,000, a private dealer would put it up at £27,000 and a Renault dealer £31,000.

That ties in with the prices I have been geeting from dealers this afternoon, need a helicopter now to view short list.

closeassetfinance.co.uk/html … tails.html

kindle530:
http://www.closeassetfinance.co.uk/html/cv/forsale/tractors/6260/moredetails.html

that will be over priced, more than likely a finance repo and the finance company will want to get their money back on

i spoke to the a couple of years ago about a truck, i asked what they wanted for it, his reply was “it owes us £■■,■■■”

so, i said “yes, ok, but how much is it?”

he came back with the same reply

they were trying to sell it for what it owed them, even though it was about £15,000 over the top

don’t get me wrong, as a finance company, they are pretty good, but their used kit is mostly over priced

My gaffers looking for a low milage 05/06 plate analogue tacho any make but iveco/renault?

kindle530:
http://www.closeassetfinance.co.uk/html/cv/forsale/tractors/6260/moredetails.html

Worth a phone call but who thought painting the grill blue was a good ideam

shuttlespanker:
don’t get me wrong, as a finance company, they are pretty good, but their used kit is mostly over priced

This completely, totally mirrors my experience with them.

Slightly off topic but I stumbled across these the other day and they seem to be very cheap to me

ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-04-IVECO … 256de4536e

3 low ride mega Iveco Stralis 430 on 04 plates with 800,000 at only £6000 each :open_mouth:

Don’t know exactly what you’re looking for mate but try these. Very very good to deal with.

crstrucks.co.uk/

Thanks for the input people think i have it sorted, just down to some haggaling now.
Will post result when deal is sealed.

I keep toying with the idea of one of those magnums myself but i think i will keep my old girl a while longer

Anyone know what this means.

Common on Renaults, the pressure reduction valve has failed leading to excess air pressure in the gearbox. If you want to fix it, it’s about £200 for the valve and around £200 for the gasket set, although you can fit an external pressure reduction valve from an earlier Magnum and that saves the cost of the gasket set. However, it’s safe to ignore it, and it probably only comes on intermittently first thing in the morning for 10 minutes or so with no noticeable change in gearbox behaviour?

Thanks to Steve for info on this.

Thank you.

I’ve had that error message too, along with " manual mode impossible"

Taking the stalk off and blowing the dust out with an airline seems to have stopped it :wink:

skids:
Slightly off topic but I stumbled across these the other day and they seem to be very cheap to me

ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-04-IVECO … 256de4536e

3 low ride mega Iveco Stralis 430 on 04 plates with 800,000 at only £6000 each :open_mouth:

Not really that cheap, = an 8 year old iveco 4 x 2 in yellow , these have been for sale for a while ex ferrymasters probably based out of Ipswich or Southampton on car parts work so not really worked. Rhd low riders are rare but aren’t really needed as most tractors will couple ok with normal unit although manager I knew at Autoconex mentioned a rear axle burn out because of the wear on the back axle as the load/ axle weights were all over the place. I used to operate a few based on european traction but the rates offeredand having to by lhd units in euros meant it wasn’t worth it

I wouldn’t give £600 for them. :laughing:

not ex ferrymasters.

Really - so who else operated iveco mega’s in that pantone of yellow ?