shipping wars uk

has anyone else has been watching this lot,two of them have to move a 6.6 long fishtank from Leicester to shrewsbury via Solihull,they were all smiles when they won it with their bid of £100,how the heck are they supposed to make a profit,fuel alone must be around £40/50,no mention of a second load,and the female hgv driver says she has already done her 3 fifteen hour days,and states hgv drivers can do 3 x 15 per week and 2 x 13 hrs per week on top,[71 hrs]that cant be right surely

No she’s wrong. You can do 84 hours…

the bloody submit button on my laptop would not post so I hit it again ,result double post,the laptop is going to have a flying lesson soon if it keeps doing it,peed off

truckman020:
the bloody submit button on my laptop would not post so I hit it again ,result double post,the laptop is going to have a flying lesson soon if it keeps doing it,peed off

Tut tut sausage fingers :laughing: :laughing:

One episode “the big mean undercutting machine” as he calls him self in the van made a few pence per mile. No wonder rates are low.

How do they pay for GIT insurance on those rates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The programme does my head in.
My brother works at a firm who put there loads online,for company’s to bid on, he says the boss always goes for the cheapest rate then moans when stuff is damaged etc.

What you have to remember is that this is a TV programme and the people in it are acting and are being paid by the production company. Nobody who runs an articulated lorry really sits on the bunk all day looking at the internet in case a £300 job comes up.

you can do 90 hours a week. 6x 15 hours shifts as long as 3 of them days you have 3 or more consecutive hours on break.

I regularly used to do it while I was on fridge work as some places took over 3 hours to load and unload me. I would drop my trailer on a loading bay drive around the corner n sleep.

Harry Monk:
What you have to remember is that this is a TV programme and the people in it are acting and are being paid by the production company. Nobody who runs an articulated lorry really sits on the bunk all day looking at the internet in case a £300 job comes up.

Yep, but sadly I’m sure this program will entice others to work for less than the minimum wage…

Harry Monk:

true

tango boy:

truckman020:

Tut tut sausage fingers :laughing: :laughing:

nah,think my laptops on its way out[my excuse anyway]

Evil8Beezle:

Harry Monk:

Yep, but sadly I’m sure this program will entice others to work for less than the minimum wage…

I detest programs like this as it encourage other idiots go buy a cheap van and think they can make a living at this sort of thing ! btw my hourly rate is less than the minimum wage :slight_smile:

raymundo:

Evil8Beezle:

Harry Monk:

I detest programs like this as it encourage other idiots go buy a cheap van and think they can make a living at this sort of thing ! btw my hourly rate is less than the minimum wage :slight_smile:

But I bet your ‘added benefits’ make up for it…?

Lifestyle maybe??

yea it could be said that this job has it’s perks, but pity I no longer get the duty free supplies as that’s were the big perks were. (or so I have been told, allegedly :wink: )

I quite liked the American shipping wars. While it was all drama for the tv it had some interesting g characters and loads, but apart from one of them they’d only do loads for a profitable price. Most of them would back out of an auction when it got too low.

Whereas, as we’re all saying, I don’t see how any of the idiots on the uk one actually make any money, how does an owner driver of an artic make money by sitting around on a laptop all day bidding on loads for a couple hundred quid?

I’ve never really got much entertainment out of it compared the the American one, although that’s now gone downhill since Roy died.

Hang on Harry what do you mean it’s a TV programme and they are acting up for the cameras? Does that mean Stobrats Tarts and Transgenders isn’t real?

Beau Nydel:
Hang on Harry what do you mean it’s a TV programme and they are acting up for the cameras? Does that mean Stobrats Tarts and Transgenders isn’t real?

Of course is real ffs

That’s as may be but looking at it for a full days work once fuel and costs there very little left at all certainly not enough to pay a wage.

Happysack can you put a smiley after that just to make me feel better!