Sheffield transport companys

rich12:

tipperdave:
just show me old dad these and he says some of them bring back memmories, he says does any one remember smiths self drive, or davidson plant hire, they coverd rotherham and sheffield. so can any you nice fellas help out

ive got a picture of a smiths self drive iveco eurotech that was on a k reg (one of the first on the road),i had this for about a week to see if they were any good,sadly they turned out to be crap.i will try to get it put on here.

My uncle bought 2 k plate iveco eurotechs off Smith self drive Sheffield

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

glynn.woodward:

rich12:

tipperdave:
just show me old dad these and he says some of them bring back memmories, he says does any one remember smiths self drive, or davidson plant hire, they coverd rotherham and sheffield. so can any you nice fellas help out

ive got a picture of a smiths self drive iveco eurotech that was on a k reg (one of the first on the road),i had this for about a week to see if they were any good,sadly they turned out to be crap.i will try to get it put on here.

My uncle bought 2 k plate iveco eurotechs off Smith self drive Sheffield

post you pics of the sheffield transport/haulage firms

All of these were Pickfords Heavy Haulage at Brightside Lane Sheffield

Thos Ward owned Ketton Cement, taken at the Albion Works Sheffield

A couple of nice photos there John and some interesting info in those lists of hauliers.I’m not ancient :smiley: but I do recognize practically all of those hauliers names.I’m not sure how many are still going though apart from J J Shepherd,H Askey and Truswells.

nice pics lads, feel free to post any more

does anyone, have any pics of Gillots i think they where called, they had fodens and they used to do a lot of low loader work, but i cant find anything on them

Here’s a few from Sheffield :sunglasses:. One of A.E.Evans AEC Mandators at BP Baglan Bay.They finished up on Cricket Inn Road,Sheffield.

An AEC MK5 MM at Sheffield depot.

And an even older AEC MK3…

Falkland Road Services AEC Marshall.

Robert Earl Leyland Marathon.

Thomas Black Scania 110.

Yendor Transport Ford “D” series.

J.E.Parker,Malin Bridge.Albion.Photo courtesy Revman.

W.T.Flather Leyland Beaver.

Blagden Sed - Atki 400.

Frank Philips Albion.

Sorry Dave,I remember Gillots but I’ve never come across a photo.

Chris

didnt tsl buy them out, thats what some one told me, thought it was just me that remember them

tipperdave:
didnt tsl buy them out, thats what some one told me, thought it was just me that remember them

Who’s TSL Dave,I’ve been left Sheffield a few years.I think Gillots ran some TM Bedfords didn’t they? I’m rackin me brains now because I think one of Dyson’s Loxley drivers worked for them at one time.

as in tsl vanguad, i can only remeber there old foden, black smoking pull a range of excavators and plant machinery

tipperdave:
as in tsl vanguad, i can only remeber there old foden, black smoking pull a range of excavators and plant machinery

hi dave do you meen transport services lindsay (tsl)part of cls group-alan

one of george pickens scammels (a peter davis photo-alan

trowbridge aec another peter davis pic

sid harrison scammel -alan

One of Bubblemans I think - an Atki of Bachelors Foods Wadsley Bridge.

a&e fl12 loaded out of beatson clarke tipping at aston brewery-alan

A&E still have a cracking fleet