Sheds; what was the worst car you ever owned?

gav:
and always keep abit saved by for a rainy day because the parts aint the cheapest

And if my mates experience with his 156 is anything to go by, you’ll need a lot of them… He sold it as soon as the warranty ran out as the number of times it had to go in to be repaired was beyond a joke.

Paul

Opps hope that wernt my old one paul, sold mine to a bloke from your neck of the woods :blush:

Austin Metro C reg,my first car,had to have a new engine and gearbox,and the suspension had gone on one side . :imp: :imp:
■■■■■■■ car

citreon bx 1.9d
bloody brilliant car!
…until myself and mrs jb decided to have a holiday in l`estartit…
got through the peage at lyon and the back box fell off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
didnt stop me though… we still had the holiday and drove back via veurne :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Worst car - Renault 10 (back in the sixties) rust,rust and more rust.

Regarding Citroen BX 's I had a second hand 1.9 diesel back in the early 90s - added 100k to the 60k on it and it hardly had a spanner on it. Mind you I do change the oil every 3k.
Sold it with a 160k on it for a good price !!

Loggo:
Worst car - Renault 10 (back in the sixties) rust,rust and more rust.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
I learnt to drive in a Renault 10, and then drove it for about two years. Rust was a problem and a gearchange that ‘Motor’ described as ‘like stirring a bucket of golf balls with a knitting needle’ or something similar. Had a brilliant ‘Bond’ style spare wheel - open the boot (front) and pull a lever so the numberplate dropped down to reveal the spare! The fuel filler was next to the engine in the back - amazing they never went up in flames :open_mouth:
Fond memories :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

my first was a hillman imp paid £80 for it …i caught the rear panel parking it up and most of it fell off ,all filler :open_mouth: the head gasket went got me brother to fix that then drive shaft went,advertised it and sold it to a nice indian fella for £70,result :smiley: :smiley:

Fiat Uno D reg was my first and worst car, Very unreliable kept getting condensation in the distributor cap, and it was a real rotbox. Dont seem to see old bangers about now

my worst car was a 1800 twin carb marina those brumies really had a sense of humour in the 70’s didn’t they

A friend of mine took me to a car auction to find me a car, in rolled a silver Fiat Strada. It was spotless t reg (79) it seemed like a bargain. Paid for it(can’t remember how much.) Went round the auction yard, found it, unlocked it and expected it not to start, it did! Result! Checked lights,wipers and tyres, all good. Couldn’t fault it, even the radio and heater worked. Went to drive from the spot where it was parked, selected reverse and NOTHING!

No reverse gear at all! Arse! i knew it was too good to be true! Kept it for about 7 months, bloody fast too, just nothing going on backwards :unamused:

Semtex:
eventually I got fed up of these and spent the same sort of money and actually got a decent car :wink:

A Lada :blush:

Don’t laugh, it was one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I know I posted here a couple of years ago, but it’s back, so I’ll add to it!
I bought a brand new Lada Riva 1500 Estate - the most reliable and hard working car I ever had. Never let me down despite being abused to death.
Had a couple of Capris including a 1300 that looked brilliant, but was slower than a push-bike. Also a Citroen XM 2.0 turbo with full leather, climate contrrol, electric everything and all the toys. Unfortunately none of the electrics worked; shame as it was pure luxury at 100 mph - felt like 30 it was so easy. The one I miss the most was a Volvo 480 turbo - used to eat Golf GTi’s for breakfast and XR3i’s for supper - drove it 700 miles almost non-stop to Scotland a few years ago, and could have driven straight back it was so comfortable. Only paid £300 for it with new MoT, new cambelt, 5 new tyres and full recent service. Ex also had a couple of Metros and Maestros (1300 was superb) and a Marina (heap of crap) and got a BX to leave me with :unamused: Currently got a '98 Vectra 2.0 diesel - boring and slow but cheap and reliable.

Mk 1 1996 petrol Ford Galaxy, bought in 2006, I’ve spent more time under the ■■■■■■ than behind the wheel :imp:
list of crap I’ve had to put up with
Clutch slave cylinder £40 + £40 for engine hoist + £70 for car hire + ■■■■ load of hours replacing the ZBer in the street, Cheapest quote was £650+parts :open_mouth: (went u/s in Wales, good fun getting back home without a clutch)
ARB drop links £40
Both Outer CVs £160
Front Wheel bearings £80
TREx2 £20
Lower ball joints £40
Roll restrictor £78
Fuel filter £4
Secondary air pump (replaced it with a bulb to fool ECU) should’ve been £258 actually got done for £1 :smiley:
MAF £60
Driver door lock £38

• the usual wear and tear items.

Good news is that its going very very soon, and I’m getting an oil burning MKII :smiley: .

i cant name a particular car,cos most we have had have been,cheap auction specials,but most have done their job without costing me a fortune.
i think the worst and most unreliable was a pug 505 estate.dont think it completed 1 journey,without breaking down,embarrasing as i used to be a mechanic.

I’ve had a fair few cars in my time, but the absolute worst one has to be the ■■■■■■ Montego. :smiling_imp:

What a pile of ZB :smiling_imp:

HAIRYGORILLA:
talbot alpine … but a great car to learn on ,especially when it broke down
always when least expected for instance in winter it would start after been covered in snow all week , but come a sunny day flat battery
did more walking when i owned that car

Yep, my favourite too. I got so fed up of walking I put a collapsable bike in the back. Finally got rid of it for a Citreon CX Pallas which blew up after a week :open_mouth:

My worst car was the 3rd one I had, Vauxhall Chevette leaked like a sieve around the front window ,even with new seal.carpets stunk rotten then the wings and sills rusted like horseshoes. Then anti roll bar fell off after trade in.Last VauxhallI owned.

heres a small collection of some of the crap cars ive owned, I tended to buy as cheap as poss due to them being left in a not so secure yard in Stoke for up to 2 months at a time. Being as bad as they were they never got stolen.

although in between these embarrasing moments i’ve had a few decent motors including Capris, Granadas, and sierras

take a look at this car in germany

metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht … _page_id=2

Love the Yugo Toowise :blush:

■■■■■■00:
take a look at this car in germany

metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht … _page_id=2

That will stop us having fun on the back seat then :wink: