Shared track unit?

Hi Guys an Girls :laughing:

First post so here goes

Was told on friday in work that i have to share my/our unit , im on days an now there is a night trunk that has to be done , Problem he smokes i dont , have pre-warned him i will report him for the ash in cab (when he covered for me before big problem with ash) what would you do in my situation ■■?

i am a smoker but do not smoke in the cab, or anyone elses too.
give him another warning then if it gets ignored then report him/her.

the law states that he is not allowed to smoke in the vehicle as it is a shared workplace

if he smokes in the cab, report him, simple

If it bothers you, make it clear that it’s against the law to smoke in the cab and you will report him.

Personally, I’m a none-smoker but was brought up by smoking parents, so smoking doesn’t bother me at all and I’d rather get on with work mates, especially if they’re sharing a cab everyday, otherwise I’m sure life gets awkward, lack of fuel, grease on suzi’s etc.

It IS illegal to smoke in the cab, and that makes a lot of people very rightous about it, people who it wouldn’t have bothered before, so just decide if it does bother you or not, not like you’re sleeping in there.

Tell him not to smoke in the cab. What the law says is one thing, but having a bit of a respect for the other driver you share with is another thing entirely.

I share with another driver, I do the night trunk. He isn’t bad as it goes, but he does leave crumbs, bits of food, empty coffee cups, and coffee spills for me to clean up. What irritated me the other day was him leaving me a note on the dash saying, if he cleans the outside regularly, can I please keep on top of the inside. It gets a once over by me every night with the wipes just for my own sanity, but If it wasn’t for his mess, it would never need cleaning. :unamused:

I always make a point of topping the fuel off every night, as this way, whatever he chooses to do in terms of fuelling up (and he leans towards not bothering), it doesn’t make a difference to me.

You have to work out a way to live with it, by controlling the situation yourself, otherwise all the little annoyances will build up and drive you nuts after a while.

I would just spend two minutes clearing the ash up rather than getting a reputation as a grass.

As Harry, i couldn’t grass anyone up either.

If management catch him or a busybody member of the public report him then more fool him if he gets the sack, i couldn’t get an otherwise decent bloke, who has an addiction he lacks the willpower to cure, the bullet.

Harry Monk:
I would just spend two minutes clearing the ash up rather than getting a reputation as a grass.

Thans for the replies lads but i never said i would grass him up ■■? Just what would you do in the situation ■■? nice to see different ways you would go about it :laughing: well 5 am start so off to bed

bluebird1927:

Harry Monk:

Thans for the replies lads but i never said i would grass him up ■■?

Apologies, it’s just that when you said

bluebird1927:
have pre-warned him i will report him

I had assumed that by reporting him, you meant you would grass him up.

My bad. :wink:

bluebird1927:

First post so here goes

Was told on friday in work that i have to share my/our unit , im on days an now there is a night trunk that has to be done , Problem he smokes i dont , have pre-warned him i will report him for the ash in cab (when he covered for me before big problem with ash) what would you do in my situation ■■?

You’ve already had a word about the ash in the cab so now the only reasonable thing to do is wait and see what happens.

Rat him out IF he smokes. Tough ■■■■.

bigvern1:
Rat him out IF he smokes. Tough ■■■■.

Absolutely. Like they say, “Don’t sit on your arse- get up and grass”. :wink:

bluebird1927:

First post so here goes

(personal attack ), what did you do before the smoking ban ■■?(pesonal attack)

I like curry…A by-product of curry is [zb]. So I’ll [zb] all over the cab…See how you like them apples! :unamused:

I can remember when truck driving was a man’s job… :wink:

Harry Monk:
I can remember when truck driving was a man’s job… :wink:

could not have put it better my self

I don’t smoke myself but being around smokers doesn’t bother me at all. I personally wouldn’t grass him up id ask him again in a different manner and see what happens I would just get on with things and deal with it.

I’ve shared with a smoking night man before. I know its against the law, but i don’t have a problem with it. Its the risk he takes in getting caught and fined. I wouldn’t expect them to drive all night and not be able to have a ■■■. My night man used to drive the last 20 mins with both windows wide open to clear the smell (hair looked like Freddie Boswell’s afterwards mind you) and would sweep the cab out of any ash once he was finised. I can honestly say you wouldn’t really have known he smoked. I was lucky to have a driver respect that I am a non smoker and keep the cab clean, likewise i respect that he was a smoker and didn’t mind him smoking. However, had it been different and he left the cab looking and smelling like an ash tray every morning, I wouldn’t think twice of having a word with him about it first. If that failed, I would have a word with management. :laughing:

I shared a truck with a guy on Swifts for 3 years before he even realised I smoked. All it takes is consideration for the other driver, keeping ash cleaned out and dusted with some sort of polish and the use of an air freshener. Please dont get arrogant with the other driver, it’s not his fault he has to share with you, he has a job to do. You will find that a polite method will result in him being more considerate. If you start this working relationship demanding he do what you say he will no doubt become beligerant.

When I told you about TRUCKNETUK Bluebird I forgot to mention your body odour which as you are probably aware is quite nauseous however it
won’t be too much of a prob for the night trunker since his ciggy’s will blank out any lingering odour.trucknetUK enjoy!!!