Shafted by stobarts

Sorted !!!

thank you to the posts of some advise but yes i don’t think I will come on here again I am a fellow driver but yet I got shot down by some folks who have been chewing a wasp with a lemon! I started my story to give folk an insight of whats gone on and was hoping for a little advise!! but for some folk it was to easy for them to give advise or a little help for those who did and understood in a way I thank you

Personal attack removed …Denis F

firstly are you sure it was non payment of a CSA bill you went to jail for ,why didn’t you go for the attachment of earnings, and CSA only send you nick for 6 weeks and usually only for non resident parents .

If the company don’t want you back then there is not much you can do really ,cut your losses and move on

sorry was for arrears should of put in :confused: :blush:

Thats what you get for not paying for your kids… Well done Stobarts :wink:

I’m sorry but i fail to see that non payment of CSA money will result in a 12 month prison sentence. With reference to your job why should they re-employ you when there are hundreds of other applicants with no criminal records. I don’t mean to be hard on you and you have served your time but that’s how i see it.

Welcome to TNUK anyway.

stevieg:
sorry was for arrears should of put in :confused: :blush:

should’ve gone for attachment of earnings mate ,you would have avoided jail and still had a job ,as it stands all any HR bod will see is “JAIL” and put your job application in the bin

bald bloke:
I’m sorry but i fail to see that non payment of CSA money will result in a 12 month prison sentence. With reference to your job why should they re-employ you when there are hundreds of other applicants with no criminal records. I don’t mean to be hard on you and you have served your time but that’s how i see it.

Welcome to TNUK anyway.

That’s what i was alluding to ,there are a million options open to the CSA to get their pound of flesh and in my experience they use them all .Jail sentences are usually for ignoring a court order which is actually comtempt of court .Why the CSA would send a working bloke to jail before scalping his wages or selling his 50" plasma is confusing me ,he can’ty pay a penny when he’s jail and has little chance of getting work after release

The details of why you went to prison aside, you now come with a lot of “baggage” that the next guy on the list doesn’t have. Who wold you select of the two?

I also had a massive issue with the CSA for a few years, I was nearly bankrupted by them! I accept i have to pay for the kids involved and was more then willing to, but CSA took over an agreement between my and my ex when she got made redundant and it seriously went downhill… anyways I got advise from every group possible and never heard of anyone being sent to jail for this amount of time either.

as for stobarts, well i dont think it matters for any employer if you were unable to do your contracted shifts for this amount of time then I cant say I blame em… its not like being ill or similar you could have avoided this action… I cant understand why you did,nt get attachment to earnings order. you were employed so no real reason why this did,nt happen? the employer or employee cannot stop this happening…

You had a job but did not pay for your kids, sorry but you brought it on yourself.

I was paying for my kids!!! fact it was the arrears that I was arguing over and the csa yes will use every ways and means to make the nrp pay or find away to make my life hell I went to magistrate first then crown and as non payment he done me under perverting the course and gaining to false and dishonest gains I was made an example of FACT and whilst my ex and her new fella sit on there arses cant be bothered to get a job claiming jsa and she gets 110 a week off me well she did and also my kids get every thing when they come to stay with me and my new partner to whom I have an 18 month old with, how can this be fair! it winds me up when every one becomes the judge and has not got a clue? all I can say is the ones who have said serves me right I say to you! you have never or not will have dealings with the csa and until you do count some axil numbers on the motor way! and for the others yes I should of had an attachment but then I would not be able to afford mortgage etc things are tight and like I said she sits around all day doing nothing so why should I pay for her happy life style whilst im struggling I had a clean record before this ■■■■■■ thank god my eldest is now 20 and my daughter is 20 next year!! I only came on here for advise and not to be slated or judged!
and for the guy who posted well done to stobarts !! you must be the one who stands there looking at names all day saddo!

so to folks advise please as you have no right to judge me

stevieg:
I was paying for my kids!!! fact it was the arrears that I was arguing over and the csa yes will use every ways and means to make the nrp pay or find away to make my life hell I went to magistrate first then crown and as non payment he done me under perverting the course and gaining to false and dishonest gains I was made an example of FACT and whilst my ex and her new fella sit on there arses cant be bothered to get a job claiming jsa and she gets 110 a week off me well she did and also my kids get every thing when they come to stay with me and my new partner to whom I have an 18 month old with, how can this be fair! it winds me up when every one becomes the judge and has not got a clue? all I can say is the ones who have said serves me right I say to you! you have never or not will have dealings with the csa and until you do count some axil numbers on the motor way! and for the others yes I should of had an attachment but then I would not be able to afford mortgage etc things are tight and like I said she sits around all day doing nothing so why should I pay for her happy life style whilst im struggling I had a clean record before this [zb], thank god my eldest is now 20 and my daughter is 20 next year!! I only came on here for advise and not to be slated or judged!
and for the guy who posted well done to stobarts !! you must be the one who stands there looking at names all day saddo!

Dude ,if you are going to ask for advice then most on here will be happy to help ,but stringing us full of bull is no way to get it ,crown court for CSA areas …seriously

stevieg:
Hi All
Not sure where to post so ive dropped it here, My issue started with this joke of a haulage firm back in april 2013,
I booked a day off to go to court with the dreaded other joke of an organisation CSA over my arrears , but on this day and a massive shock the judge ruled I went to prison for 12 months ive now served 3 months inside and im out with this HDC tag until October then I,m free again, After letting my employer know right away I never heard anything and assuming I still had my job open for me! how wrong was I , the HR terminated my contract due to unable to work my contracted hours , which was understandable , but it took the HR dept just over 2 1/2 months, the letter came to me 1 week before I was known to be released on HDC.

I wrote back a letter of appeal but they just didn’t seem to be bothered ! I explained that I have not caused the company any embarrassment nor have I damaged any hardware and my work record was excellent and I deserve a second chance? what a laugh that was after a few phone calls the hr dept [name removed] stood by her decision, she said re apply so I did and instead of waiting for the usual 3-4 weeks reply time I was shocked when I had a reply by email in 2 days saying sorry but you have not been short listed on this occasion!!! and for the same job I was doing before !!
Still unsure on what to do now? do I still persue my old job or do I say [zb] it and find something new ? but it goes to show large companies just don’t give a F, I have 15 driver colleagues who want me back and are fighting for me but all they get told its down to HR and even the depot manager who knows of me and my work record doesn’t want to get involved !!

Your work record means nothing I’m afraid,I know of loads of drivers who gave 110%, never sick,never late,not a minutes grief, and they were binned when not required any more.
It’s frustrating I know,but you just have to move on,and hopefully you can stick 2 fingers up to them when you get a better job,don’t let it eat yourself up

Judges are sanctimonious, considerably more important than you, up themselves tossers who have small willy syndrome & will send you down just for the laugh if they can to give an ego boost to their inner sadist.

You’ve no chance of getting your job back at Stobarts, they couldn’t care less about you. Just try small local firms face to face.

Fore warned for next time.

stevieg:
I was paying for my kids!!! fact it was the arrears that I was arguing over and the csa yes will use every ways and means to make the nrp pay or find away to make my life hell I went to magistrate first then crown and as non payment he done me under perverting the course and gaining to false and dishonest gains I was made an example of FACT and whilst my ex and her new fella sit on there arses cant be bothered to get a job claiming jsa and she gets 110 a week off me well she did and also my kids get every thing when they come to stay with me and my new partner to whom I have an 18 month old with, how can this be fair! it winds me up when every one becomes the judge and has not got a clue? all I can say is the ones who have said serves me right I say to you! you have never or not will have dealings with the csa and until you do count some axil numbers on the motor way! and for the others yes I should of had an attachment but then I would not be able to afford mortgage etc things are tight and like I said she sits around all day doing nothing so why should I pay for her happy life style whilst im struggling I had a clean record before this [zb], thank god my eldest is now 20 and my daughter is 20 next year!! I only came on here for advise and not to be slated or judged!

I don’t mean to offend, BUT when you use internet forums to discuss personal issues - be prepared!

I to think the CSA is a joke - but from an opposite side. I’ve raised three kids, two of which are my ex- wife’s. Their Dad pays “jack” towards their keep (£5 a week) and the CSA allow it to happen. The system is a total joke. Having said that, I’m the luckiest guy in the world as these kids see me as their Dad; and I, along with their mum, provide everything for them.

If you wanted some kind of sympathy then this is the wrong place. Can’t see how you were shafted by Stobarts tho!

By the way, next time just pay it even if you think you shouldn’t have to! You pay then you try & get it back…

Massive leap from arrears on CSA to perverting the course of justice.

Perhaps people would have had more sympathy if you had posted the truth first time.
You seriously expect a company to hold a job open for someone sentenced to 12 months in jail…what colour is the sky on your planet?

macci:
Can’t see how you were shafted by Stobarts tho!

^^^ this

I think you were shafted by circumstances - some beyond your control and some not!

I REALLY think you should change the thread title because that could also cause you a whole load of hassle that you could certainly do without…

There are very, very few employers who would do any different… Put yourself in their shoes for a moment!

I think you have to put it down to experience and move on as best you can. Fight the CSA all the way and stand up for what is right. Forget the bitterness cos that will only eat you up and drag you down…

Good luck

How long did the arrears go back and for how many kids? You only paid the CSA for kids up to 18 until this year when it went up to 19 unless they leave education so 2 of yours you have not paid for for the last 2 years

Your work record means nothing I’m afraid,I know of loads of drivers who gave 110%, never sick,never late,not a minutes grief, and they were binned when not required any more.
It’s frustrating I know,but you just have to move on,and hopefully you can stick 2 fingers up to them when you get a better job,don’t let it eat yourself up

Dozy, thank you and your right ■■■■ em I say have been in touch with some firms today and they are not bothered as long as I can drive a truck and work from 6 till 5 they are happy