Severn River Crossing

anyone know if you can use a fuel card to pay for it? gotta go to Cardiff in the morning and I refuse to use my own money as it takes forever and far too much work to get it back from the company

Looks like it is the long way round for you then, unless you have a tag it is cash only

If it’s the same as the old crossing, you can fill in a form there and they invoice the company for payment.

Hope you know the “High Vehicles” diversion route then. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
Hope you know the “High Vehicles” diversion route then. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my motor’s only 12’6" :sunglasses:

you can now pay with a credit card but not sure if it’s credit/debit like you i don’t like using my own money so use the company credit card

£5 admin charge if the employer is invoiced at a later date.
As said,cash only or swim over.But wear a hiviz.

toby1234abc:

cash or debit credit card

As well as payment in cash, toll payment by all major credit and debit cards is now available in all lanes

nick2008:

toby1234abc:

As well as payment in cash, toll payment by all major credit and debit cards is now available in all lanes

Lol how long has it taken them to come up with that, ridiculous that a major route has not taken credit cards up until now, so only another 50 years to wait before you can use a fuel card then.

mazzer:

nick2008:

toby1234abc:

Lol how long has it taken them to come up with that, ridiculous that a major route has not taken credit cards up until now, so only another 50 years to wait before you can use a fuel card then.

its been like it for years fella… they just didn’t advertise it for a long time

theyve taken debit/credit cards for a couple of years now but not fuel cards

Can I get shopping from ASDA with my Tesco Club card Points?

Joking aside, I am led to believe they accept business cheques.

knobby gb:
theyve taken debit/credit cards for a couple of years now but not fuel cards

Not used the bridge for 2 yrs now so that’s changed then. At last.

andi_cardiff:
If it’s the same as the old crossing, you can fill in a form there and they invoice the company for payment.

this :grimacing:

mazzer:
so only another 50 years to wait before you can use a fuel card then.

And another 50 more years before the OP`s gaffer gets him a toll tag, or sorts out prompt payment of expenses :unamused:

on a slightly different note …
As a scumbag S/E agency driver :unamused: I have my own HGV tags for the Severn and Dartford crossings (registered to my Ltd Co), so IF I find myself needing to use the crossings, and the truck doesn’t have a tag, I could use my own, but I would ask the haulier IF they intend to reimburse me prior to going over. If not Ill go around. Though I definitely dont tell the haulier I have tags :wink: otherwise they start taking the pee.
Using the tags I get charged the discount rate (iirc -10%), and charge the haulier the full cash price. In the case of Dartford its £5 cash each way. That way I dont have to mess around with my beer money, my Ltd Co pays for it. The reimbursement is added to my expenses, and paid back through my Ltd Co. theres a paper trial for the accountant, and I dont have to mess around with reimbursing myself for spending my beer money for the privilege of using the crossings.

they started with cards when the ryder cup was on at the celtic manor (didn’t want the rich people getting delayed)…

or do like Sweden ■■?/
when a new bridge is built they put a toll on it until it is paid for ,
after that they take the toll off and its free…
BUT not in good old blighty…

Trukkertone:
or do like Sweden ■■?/
when a new bridge is built they put a toll on it until it is paid for ,
after that they take the toll off and its free…
BUT not in good old blighty…

Think you find its owned by a French company unless it’s changed hands

well went over it, they have automated card points like the M6 for card payments now. I used my card as my gaffer said he’ll have the money for me for when I get back, funnily enough by the time I got back everyone in the office had gone home…try again tomorrow £19.20 is extortionate though!!

It is but reverts back to the welsh government in 2018. Theres talk about scrapping the charges then but as always its only talk by the “friends of the transport industry” brigade. ( a bit like the boys brigade but they dont wear short trousers !)

once they get there free corporates they soon disappear. There is recent talk of cutting the cost of tolls and then funding the Newport M4 relief Motorway, personally whoever originally designed the M4 on this side of the bridge should have there huge backhand taken back and made to stand in the naughty corner for a few hours everyday, maybe somewhere between Juct 24 and Juct 28, 32 to 34, 41 to 45, need i go on.

:cry: yeah yeah i know i have,nt included the other end 21 down to 1