Service station power naps

Hello, my name is Josh, i’m a product design student in my final year at uni and my brief is to design a ‘power nap pod’, targeting motorway service stations. I was hoping that some of you would take the time out to fill out this quick survey, which will help me understand if people would be responsive to a product like this (it’s only 8 questions long!). If any of you also wanted to message me with any extra thoughts that would be very welcome too.

Thankyou for any help, Josh.

freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurv … sluw710242

oggie:
Hello, my name is Josh, i’m a product design student in my final year at uni and my brief is to design a ‘power nap pod’, targeting motorway service stations. I was hoping that some of you would take the time out to fill out this quick survey, which will help me understand if people would be responsive to a product like this (it’s only 8 questions long!). If any of you also wanted to message me with any extra thoughts that would be very welcome too.

Not applicable here Josh, drivers have to take legal breaks

Wheel Nut:

oggie:

Ah I see, how long do these breaks have to be? And where do people usually take them? Ta

oggie:

Wheel Nut:

oggie:

Ah I see, how long do these breaks have to be? And where do people usually take them? Ta

9 hours or 11 hours for daily rest depending on how the driver is fudging the tacho.

or daily breaks either 15mins and 30 mins or a 45min in one go.

Cruise Control:

oggie:

Wheel Nut:

oggie:

9 hours or 11 hours for daily rest depending on how the driver is fudging the tacho.

or daily breaks either 15mins and 30 mins or a 45min in one go.

I see, then this concept could still be useful for you, think of this pod as a place to go, on a long tiring drive, you can wrap up in a warm bed, with the option of listening to binuaral beats to help soothe your body and mind into sleep, for an allocated time of 20, 30, 40 minutes, whilst having complete security of yourself, your belongings, and your truck/van/car.

I cant see me wanting to wrap up in a bed where some other scanky arsed driver has just been… most drivers would prefer to lye on the bunk of their vehicle for 45 mins than to pay to go in to a services.

But good luck with it anyway

oggie:
I see, then this concept could still be useful for you, think of this pod as a place to go, on a long tiring drive, you can wrap up in a warm bed, with the option of listening to binuaral beats to help soothe your body and mind into sleep, for an allocated time of 20, 30, 40 minutes,

These pod things will be popular with a certain section of the population who would want to use the ‘facilities’ in 30 minute blocks. :laughing: :laughing:

Who’s going to clean them every 20 or 30 minutes? coz they’ll stink and have all sorts of human DNA splattered all over the place.

Great idea in priniciple but a non-starter in the real world.

Is this april 1st :question:

Why not build a big [zb] off microwave, then drivers can have 9 hours rest in 20 mins :smiley:

DadsRetired:
Why not build a big [zb] off microwave, then drivers can have 9 hours rest in 20 mins :smiley:

That,s a ■■■■■■ cracker :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

do we get a nice lady :laughing: too■■?

Lets give the guy a break…Todays students are tomorrows engineers, etc etc etc…I think its a good idea in theroy, didn’t they have something like that at the millenium dome where you went into a big room with weird lights and "relaxing " music, I thought it was good…but I am strange…
I do like to have a power nap during the day, there is nothing better getting on the bunk dropping off, waking up 5 mins later and thinking you have been to sleep for ages !!!
What Uni are you at■■?

Would you have to pay for a ‘pod’ ?

DadsRetired:

Quality!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dazaster:
do we get a nice lady :laughing: too■■?

you get a chubby one from west london!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

if its anything like them vibrating chairs at the services it will be a waste of time. people sit in the chairs but they dont put money in. will be the same with the pods, and how could you relax in a pod with 20 kids banging on it when they know someone is in it or imagine the bill when the spoon salesman misses a big sale because the pod screws up and he cant get out.
i personally like to climb in my own bunk for a power nap where as the average car driver who just drove for 8 hours straight spends his hard earned dole money on a car driving game and completes 8 laps of the nurburgring on his way from london to inverness.
no problem with students at all, as said they could be the engineers of the future.
i would concentrate on finding out how you could design a truck cab of the same size as the norm now that contains two seats a wide bunk, a desk, a kitchen, a shower and a loo. crack that and your laughing. :wink:

Whats a “power nap” :smiley:
is it a kip like thing but going at full belt :open_mouth:
or is it a load of ■■■■■■■■ but sounds good. :frowning:
most drivers prefer their own cab/bunk to sleeping in one used by others,
its not for me im glad to say ,just the old version of shut eye will do :wink:

dave:
i would concentrate on finding out how you could design a truck cab of the same size as the norm now that contains two seats a wide bunk, a desk, a kitchen, a shower and a loo. crack that and your laughing. :wink:

Now that would be a useful project :sunglasses:

DadsRetired:

oggie:

you do know that many trucks already have a bunk in ?