Service station power naps

theres one thing you forgetting mate there are hotels on most services and i think there have something to say about you putting then on there pach

toowise:

dave:
i would concentrate on finding out how you could design a truck cab of the same size as the norm now that contains two seats a wide bunk, a desk, a kitchen, a shower and a loo. crack that and your laughing. :wink:

Now that would be a useful project :sunglasses:

Would you really want to [zb] in your cab?

NB12:

toowise:

dave:
i would concentrate on finding out how you could design a truck cab of the same size as the norm now that contains two seats a wide bunk, a desk, a kitchen, a shower and a loo. crack that and your laughing. :wink:

Does a bear ■■■■ in the woods?

Considering service stations can’t even clean or maintain their showers - sometimes only two per site, I’d dread to think what state these pods would turn out to be. Plus service stations being service stations would charge OTT rates. What’s those chairs - £1 for a min? Daylight robbery!

oggie:
I see, then this concept could still be useful for you, think of this pod as a place to go, on a long tiring drive, you can wrap up in a warm bed, with the option of listening to binuaral beats to help soothe your body and mind into sleep

Most cabs are sleeper cabs mate and already have a bed along with a nice cosy night heater.

You’re on a loser with the trucking fraternity.

NB12:

toowise:

dave:

personally no i would,nt but if it had a toilet in it i would in an emergency. been driving over twenty years and i reckon ive been in the bushes twice for a number two.
what would be wrong with doing it on a toilet in a truck.
i crap on one in my house, ive crapped on one in a caravan and a motorhome if i needed it.

now there are plenty of guys out there who pull into services and pee up the wheel rather than walk to the toilets but what im getting at in having a loo in a truck would be aimed at guys who do long distance and nights out and not fleet motors who have different drivers every day.
and what about drivers who have problems down below and have to stop all the time i bet they would use em in an emergency.

have a loo built in to the passenger seat with a small holding tank under the cab. if you use it you clean it and empty it.
what about coach drivers, they have a loo onboard and 50 plus people will use that and the coach driver empties it.
as i said fleet motors, trolleys etc then no but 1 driver trucks and i dont see a problem for emergencies.

imagine, pull in layby ( no services for 30 miles), closed the curtains open the paper and away you go :wink:

Andrew Leitch:
These pod things will be popular with a certain section of the population who would want to use the ‘facilities’ in 30 minute blocks. :laughing: :laughing:

dazaster:
do we get a nice lady :laughing: too■■?

Thetaff:
you get a chubby one from west london!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Andrew Leitch:
Who’s going to clean them every 20 or 30 minutes? coz they’ll stink and have all sorts of human DNA splattered all over the place.

I can see where this “PoD” idea will end up

To be honest - If I want a “power nap” then I just tilt the seat back, put my hat over my eyes, and drift off. I have the knack of being able to wake up after 15 mins or so, but if it’s really important, I set my alarm.

cant see these pods being economically viable. They would have to be cleaned and re-supplied every time and the cost of this alone would make the facility too expensive for most people. In addition there would be just too much faffing compared with staying in one’s car or truck.

Will someone please please explain what a power nap entails or am i missing the point.
sorry original poster but before you and others try and design something for truck drivers (which are a different breed from other jobs because of the ACTUAL job entailments) go do the job yourself. How on earth can you expect us to treat your request seriously when the end product will be something you have never done. why don’t you go to a transport firm and ask to be with a driver to see how it is in OUR REAL WORLD.
No offence intended mate
Just do a bit of hands on stuff rather than fiction an stuff its not all knights of the road and stuff.
most of us break our ball to do the job right but gaffers and joe see it otherwise

blood is cooling down now lol