Semi-healthy meal to take tramping

I had my first few times out tramping and was trying to work out a meal I could take that was at least semi-healthy. Here’s what I came up with. I’d love some more suggestions if you have any. The only bit you’d need to keep in a coolbox is the salad bit. Most of my coolbox space is mostly taken up with drinks and fruit so I wanted something that wasn’t too coolbox heavy.

Ingredients:

Tinned sweetcorn you can open with a pull lid
Those pouches of microwave rice - I used Sainsbury lemon and corriander
Sesame oil
Sweet chilli sauce
Hoisin sauce
Some green leaf salad

Open the tin a bit and drain off the water
Put some sweetcorn and rice in a tupperware box, add some salad and a bit of sesame oil, put the lid on and shake it around till it’s all mixed up
Put some sauce on (if you mix it in with the rest the flavour gets lost)
Enjoy! OK it’s cold so maybe more of a summer thing, but I liked it and it feels good for you!

Where’s the meat? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

In your right hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That microwave rice isn’t even food :unamused: :laughing:
Takes 12 minutes to cook boil in the bag rice and tastes like…rice! Don’t be so lazy.

Hedgehog taste better and it free

OllieNotts:
Takes 12 minutes to cook boil in the bag rice and tastes like…rice! Don’t be so lazy.

But you get steamy windows…and then the rumours start :wink:

OllieNotts:

You rice snob :laughing:

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

In your right hand

What you saying about my cliterous? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

In your right hand

What you saying about my cliterous? :open_mouth:

Leave your aunty out of this Evil. It’s not worth it, just rise above it son

wanderingstar:
Tinned sweetcorn

Waste of time, you may just as well empty the can down the toilet without troubling your digestive system with it.

Harry Monk:

wanderingstar:
Tinned sweetcorn

Waste of time, you may just as well empty the can down the toilet without troubling your digestive system with it.

And isn’t that a fact !!

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

In your right hand …Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he’s left handed! :laughing: my boyfriend told me! :grimacing:

slimming world currys from iceland and then some rice :grimacing: they are ■■■■ good :sunglasses: just add microwave

I don’t tramp but instead of sugary sauces squashed tomatoes as a base are good with some spice. Chuck in some spinach, garlic, chilli and chicken and jobs on. The garlic, chilli and ginger keep nicely all week and are dirt cheap. The toms cheap in a can. You’ll be ■■■■■■■ nicely too.

I also don’t tramp, but still make myself a monster Spag Bol from scratch and freeze about 20 portions down in freezer bags, so when stacked together in the freezer are very compact. Nothing to stop anyone doing the same with thick Stews, Curry, Chilli, etc all made up with cheap and decent ingredients. Then it’s just a case of microwaving it for a few minutes while sorting out the carbs…

Where’s the chippy? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t tramp and have cooked teas every night , had stew and dumplings mon, sirloin steak and new tates tues , roast chicken , roast tates etc yesterday :smiley: :smiley: hotpot tonight :smiley:

My Mrs makes me home made meals put in containers which I microwave, or jacket taties with different fillings, with salad at the moment.
The ready made meals from supermarkets can be high salt content etc so I only use them in emergencies etc.

dozy:
I don’t tramp and have cooked teas every night , had stew and dumplings mon, sirloin steak and new tates tues , roast chicken , roast tates etc yesterday :smiley: :smiley: hotpot tonight :smiley:

How’s it going now doze everything tickety boo in your new lifestyle.

As far as healthy eating goes, I nibble like a rabbit during the day on fruit and veg then have a prepreped cooked meal in the evening, either dodgy shop bought ready meals or me own concoctions from the weekend.

Also make tubs of egg mayo and tuna and sweetcorn for snacks. As mentioned we can’t digest sweetcorn so it’s more ■■■ decoration than any nutritional purpose.

Cut out all the biscuits, crisps and chocolate in the week as well, but when the weekend comes I eat what I like.
Not dieting just making better food choices.

Lost a stone in the last 2 months and me knobs grown an inch (doubled in size if I’m honest).

Some great suggestions in there - thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Have a look at this thread

A driver’s life