Seimens or Stoneridge?

Which of these tachographs do you think is best and why?

I prefer Stoneridge.

Stoneridge without a doubt.

Stoneridge. eaiser to use. 12/24v so tacho center should be able to replace quickly IF it goes wrong. big display so easy to see.

Stoneridge for me too - has all the info you need with a clear display unlike the Siemans piece of slow rubbish that I have now

Stoneridge tells you on the display how many hours driving you’ve done that day. Siemans pos doesn’t tell you how many hours driving you’ve done that day but it does tell you how many you’ve done in the last two weeks but you can’t access it while driving so no ■■■■■■■ use. I have to write down the total fortnightly hours driven every night and subtract the previous nights figure to find out how many hours driving I’ve done that day. ■■■■ me could they make it anymore ■■■■■■■ awkward.

Stoneridge has some good features. I particularly like the overspeed pre-warning.

Siemens has many bugs. Like the ones that erroneously reset your driving time.

jay0:
Stoneridge tells you on the display how many hours driving you’ve done that day. Siemans pos doesn’t tell you how many hours driving you’ve done that day but it does tell you how many you’ve done in the last two weeks but you can’t access it while driving so no [zb] use. I have to write down the total fortnightly hours driven every night and subtract the previous nights figure to find out how many hours driving I’ve done that day. [zb] me could they make it anymore [zb] awkward.

To lazy to scroll through the menu to get to the daily driving?

Terry T:
Stoneridge has some good features. I particularly like the overspeed pre-warning.

Yeah, very usefull when using some gravity drive :wink:

And the info page, gives daily weekly and fortnightly driving, in just a few clicks. :wink:

Siemens makes you wait nearly a minute to see your rest time when the engine’s been off for a few minutes. Been like that for years. Can’t see any reason for that behaviour except bad design or programming, when it obviously knows how long it is.

Always used the Seimens tripe. Never seen a Strongridge unit in the flesh.

Stoneridge
Talking to a fella from Stoneridge a few years back in my trade plating days
He was saying they consulted drivers during the development of their tachographs
Had a tm spec brand new scanias with seimens cos he couldn’t get his head round downloading the data off Stoneridge. Turned out he used to get his 8 year old daughter to do the downloads on Saturday mornings cos he couldn’t get his head round seimens either.

The old (First few) stoneridge units were ■■■■, at that time, the VDO’s were much better

Now the new Stoneridge units have been out for some time and I think they are the best on the market, the Duo’s are good too, but it’s not that hard to work out how much time you have left out of 4.5 hours. I do like the Duo’s interface when paired with a phone, it shows you all your drive time and a virtual chart on your phone, but again, not essential.

kyoung:
Stoneridge
He was saying they consulted drivers during the development of their tachographs
Had a tm spec brand new scanias with seimens cos he couldn’t get his head round downloading the data off Stoneridge. Turned out he used to get his 8 year old daughter to do the downloads on Saturday mornings cos he couldn’t get his head round seimens either.

Downloading either unit is done in exactly the same way

Company card in - plug dongle/downloader in, press button, wait, unplug, eject card

Surely any 8 year old could do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

trubster:

kyoung:
Stoneridge

Downloading either unit is done in exactly the same way

Company card in - plug dongle/downloader in, press button, wait, unplug, eject card

Surely any 8 year old could do it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently there is all manner of data missing In the company records. The daft ■■■■ has just been disciplined for it
He’s been there 2 years and has only just been audited.

log book

Stoneridge every time for me.

weeto:

jay0:
Stoneridge tells you on the display how many hours driving you’ve done that day. Siemans pos doesn’t tell you how many hours driving you’ve done that day but it does tell you how many you’ve done in the last two weeks but you can’t access it while driving so no [zb] use. I have to write down the total fortnightly hours driven every night and subtract the previous nights figure to find out how many hours driving I’ve done that day. [zb] me could they make it anymore [zb] awkward.

To lazy to scroll through the menu to get to the daily driving?

It doesn’t show your daily driving hrs anywhere in the menu :exclamation:

Radar19:

Check this out radar19 bud.

se5000.com/simulator-duo/default.aspx

I used this when trying to explain to my workmates how the new duo worked when we got our new Scania fleet last year.

Radar19:

Stonebridge tachos are mostly found in Scanias. Pretty much every other make use Siemens tachos.

We had a batch of DAFs (62/13 plates) that came with Stoneridges, other than that all the other DAFs and MANs we have had Siemens fitted (except the two 06 plate MANs we’ve just got rid of)

We’ve just gone onto Ivecos, they come with their own tachos, which are just Siemens jobs with an Iveco sticker on them.

I like the countdown feature on the Stoneridge, means you don’t need to do any maths. Even knows how many 10 hour days, and reduced rests you’ve got left.

Paper change takes a bit of working out until you’re used to it, and I’ve seen lads get into a right state trying to eject their cards.

As has been said above, like the fact that your break time stays on the screen.

Deffo the unit of choice for me.