Seen these units before?

I am thinking of getting these for export - I just want a bit of background information to know if these are are lemons or not? ERF EC11 registration: V365 LLG

green erf.jpg

The other one is ERF EC11 registration: V937 LKN.

erf white.jpg

■■■■■■■ m11 engines, hendrikson suspension on rear, eaton or zf gearbox, good light tare weight tractor units

Affectionately known as the plastic pig…

They will still be going in 20 years from now especially when fitted with an Eaton twin split…I am not sure what this would have in it but I suspect it would probably have the 16 speed Eaton which was not that great.

Lemons no

Its Green so its a LIME

TAXI :wink:

the green one is an Olympic as well, from what I remember there efffing huge in side…

Sent you a pm vonono.

hes supposed to be ok for truck sales they will be tired but aren’t they all now

To be honest even if they are ‘well used’ (which at that kind of age they most likely will be) a ■■■■■■■ M11 is hardly going to pose much of a problem to a resourceful African diesel fitter, so you’d probably be all right. But if you’re exporting them does it matter if they’re shagged anyway as long as you can get them to the docks?

Olog Hai:
To be honest even if they are ‘well used’ (which at that kind of age they most likely will be) a ■■■■■■■ M11 is hardly going to pose much of a problem to a resourceful African diesel fitter, so you’d probably be all right. But if you’re exporting them does it matter if they’re shagged anyway as long as you can get them to the docks?

The only problem being that I am not sure a resourceful fitter out there would have access to diagnostics?

it makes me laugh how they are considered scrap in this country not able to work for these brilliant rates that are about at the moment but they go abroad and with a hammer and a spanner run for years and years

Some of us are putting quality vehicles such as these and Alphas back on the road.

alpha back on the road ?

image.jpg

ahhh !!! that looks straight enough

Only 360, 000 miles

Another fine British disaster… :unamused:

How on earth were the likes of Foden, ERF and S.A. to name but a few ‘allowed’ to cease.

(Nice truck BTW)

that’s low whats that a w reg or there abouts would you be working that once done

Ahem…

http://www.vansandtrucks.co.uk/erf-ec-11-380-2000v-year-2000-v-hours-mileage-v365/Truck-for-sale/97610

16 speed it is.

http://www.bjjtrucks.co.uk/details.php?id=384

Ditto

my old boss wishes he had never sold the erf’s he had, he never had much problems with them unlike the dafs he replaced them with, he reckons the dafs doubled his garage bills compared too the erf’s

scotstrucker:
my old boss wishes he had never sold the erf’s he had, he never had much problems with them unlike the dafs he replaced them with, he reckons the dafs doubled his garage bills compared too the erf’s

As someone who has spent all of his life in one form or another in the haulage / transport industry , only a few years ago I stated that the industry would regret the demise of Foden / ERF / S/Atkinson , this appears now to be the case , mind you operators did not help by giving in to drivers [ steering wheel attendants / badge snobs ] who refused to drive home grown products , its now come home to roost for all .