Securing pallets - lots of

Ok now I’m asking silly questions, but what if a drop is less than a stack? Is that allowed? I’ll then have a short stack.

I’m also guessing you unload only from the rear and redo the 4 straps (2 over the top and two crossed) at every drop.
I’m told I’ve got 8 drops from the 10 stacks so that’s quite a lot of strap work!

BIGRIG:

mutley:

BIGRIG:

Scarab:
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. Will do my best and make sure the loaders don’t try to fob me off with the nasty ones nobody else will take! - as I reckon will happen.

What Is the best way of getting the straps over the top? Just lob it and perfect your aim over time? Ive strapped many loads in my time but I’m never any good at throwing the ■■■■ straps!

Its not easy ive been doing it for three weeks now and i still avnt mastered it :wink:

That’s coz you’re a shortarse

Took ya long enuff ive waited all night :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry been busy “working” don’t have the time to chit chat

Scarab:
Ok now I’m asking silly questions, but what if a drop is less than a stack? Is that allowed? I’ll then have a short stack.

I’m also guessing you unload only from the rear and redo the 4 straps (2 over the top and two crossed) at every drop.
I’m told I’ve got 8 drops from the 10 stacks so that’s quite a lot of strap work!

It’s up to yourself, do whatever you feel is safest, but to be honest I’ve been on pallets for two years now and one strap per stack and two on the back one, always on the blocks as has already been said is all I’ve ever done and I’ve never had any problems at all, I’ve never put a cross on the back. Just don’t rush round corners and you’ll be fine

Carryfast:
:open_mouth: Nothing running front to back to hold them in the fore and aft plane :question: .Not surprised they like to move a bit.

Nothing at all, they do not mve that direction as they are held just off of the bed on the wood. Just the top moves in the wind.

timmo:

Carryfast:

Paul_Humphreys:
We get pallets sometimes, but you want to try these.

10’6" tall and 7’ wide. I had to load them myself with the crane. Yes they do “move” a bit on round abouts.

Paul

:open_mouth: Nothing running front to back to hold them in the fore and aft plane :question: .Not surprised they like to move a bit.

i loaded some full reels the same size as those a couple of weeks back. approx 7t each :open_mouth: i put a chain through the centre, as you have, and two straps on each, angled so that the front strap pulls back and the back strap pulls forward. they never moved an inch but i was glad no idiot decided to brake test me! :blush:

They are about that when full, can be 12T depending on the cable. We also carry steel drums with up to 19T on each, only one at a tone. They are put on railway sleeprs for skids.

Paul

mutley:

Scarab:

It’s up to yourself, do whatever you feel is safest, but to be honest I’ve been on pallets for two years now and one strap per stack and two on the back one, always on the blocks as has already been said is all I’ve ever done and I’ve never had any problems at all, I’ve never put a cross on the back. Just don’t rush round corners and you’ll be fine

what he said n been on them on n off a wee bit longe than that : -) you on for clarkes ? what channel do you guys use ■■?

gonzothejaffa1:

mutley:

Scarab:

what he said n been on them on n off a wee bit longe than that : -) you on for clarkes ? what channel do you guys use ■■?

Yep Clarks it is, a couple of the lads are on the cb but dunno what channel they use

Fileep:
I did this years ago when it was done with ropes, always put a cross on the front and rear! Always suprised you dont see this done with straps, I wouldn’t want to have to stamp on the brakes without one.

Correct!
I saw a flat with a load of empty pallets on recently that only had a strap over every stack.
When pulling off a roundabout on a gradient,the two rear stacks tilted back,so tightening up the strap which stopped them going right over but hanging out at about 30 degrees.Very lucky,driver stood looking at them scratching his head!
With being brought up on ropes and sheets,crosses on front and back are still in!