Securing pallets - lots of

Dogmatix:

gonzothejaffa1:
todays top tip roll the straps up with the buckle on the inside the weight of the hook helps em get over the top

Until you smash someone in the face on the other side with the hook…

Yeah, we were shown some NASTY videos, and the CHEP wagons have a strap rolling aid that rolls them the correct way.

It’s a technique getting the staps over, but you’ll get used to it depending on the wind on the day, but I don’t think the OP is new to flats and strapping??

waynedl:
20 high is normally around 15’ on a rigid, so watch bridges etc, and, as said, take it easy on r/bouts and obviously bad cambers, there’s more weight in empty pallets than you think.

Too right. If you reckon on a decent pallet being 25kg then a stack of 20 is 500kg and if you have two stacks across the wagon by, say, 5 down the length that’s 10 stacks which comes to 5 tons and a lot of the weight is very high up…

Paul

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. Will do my best and make sure the loaders don’t try to fob me off with the nasty ones nobody else will take! - as I reckon will happen.

What Is the best way of getting the straps over the top? Just lob it and perfect your aim over time? Ive strapped many loads in my time but I’m never any good at throwing the ■■■■ straps!

We get pallets sometimes, but you want to try these.

10’6" tall and 7’ wide. I had to load them myself with the crane. Yes they do “move” a bit on round abouts.

Paul

Paul_Humphreys:

10’6" and 7’ wide. I had to load them myself with the crane. Yes they do “move” a bit on round abouts.

Paul

Wouldnt want to go 20 high though.

They come at about 15 foot over all (road to top). Better when whey are full of cable as they do not move asmuch.

Paul

I did this years ago when it was done with ropes, always put a cross on the front and rear! Always suprised you dont see this done with straps, I wouldn’t want to have to stamp on the brakes without one.

I put a chain through the centre, as 2 had metal rims.

Paul

Scarab:
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. Will do my best and make sure the loaders don’t try to fob me off with the nasty ones nobody else will take! - as I reckon will happen.

What Is the best way of getting the straps over the top? Just lob it and perfect your aim over time? Ive strapped many loads in my time but I’m never any good at throwing the ■■■■ straps!

always throw with the wind not against ( obvious really but you never know, you do look foolish when it blow back, been there done that :blush: ) practice makes perfect,

i use to put 3 straps across the back stacks 1 over the top and 2 cross like you would when roping and sheeting and try to get them over the center block not the board, cheap ( not chep ) pallets can break

When they have finished loading you, strap the front stacks, then get the forklift driver to get a stack of pallets on his forks , then shove the pallets from the back. That will get them all really tight together.

manctramper:
try to get them over the center block not the board

Don’t try make sure you get the straps over centre block all the time :wink: :wink: .

Paul_Humphreys:

10’6" tall and 7’ wide. I had to load them myself with the crane. Yes they do “move” a bit on round abouts.

Paul

:open_mouth: Nothing running front to back to hold them in the fore and aft plane :question: .Not surprised they like to move a bit.

Carryfast:

Paul_Humphreys:

Paul

:open_mouth: Nothing running front to back to hold them in the fore and aft plane :question: .Not surprised they like to move a bit.

i loaded some full reels the same size as those a couple of weeks back. approx 7t each :open_mouth: i put a chain through the centre, as you have, and two straps on each, angled so that the front strap pulls back and the back strap pulls forward. they never moved an inch but i was glad no idiot decided to brake test me! :blush:

I used to do a bit for the blue pallet brigade and as everyone’s said, get the strap over the centre block on each stack. I used to like having the ratchets on the drivers’ side so I could keep an eye on them in case any worked loose. Double strap the rears and it’s normally quite sturdy. They do sway but just enjoy the ride!

Most of all, don’t rush on the road, take your time, treat it like a tanker!

Rat

i usually just put two straps over the first and last stack then one strap over the the rest of the stacks.
Like what i done in the picture.

251.JPGLike this :smiley:

BIGRIG:
0Like this :smiley:

BIGRIG you are using the cargo securing method know in Ireland as FUKALL :sunglasses:

mikey123:

BIGRIG:
0Like this :smiley:

BIGRIG you are using the cargo securing method know in Ireland as FUKALL :sunglasses:

Realised when i posted it it there wasnt any straps :blush: :blush: :blush: Its secured with a new product called Wonderweb its invisible :laughing:

Scarab:

Its not easy ive been doing it for three weeks now and i still avnt mastered it :wink:

BIGRIG:

Scarab:

Its not easy ive been doing it for three weeks now and i still avnt mastered it :wink:

That’s coz you’re a shortarse

mutley:

BIGRIG:

Scarab:

That’s coz you’re a shortarse

Took ya long enuff ive waited all night :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: