Securing pallets - lots of

one over each is enough if you dnt drive like a loon :open_mouth: :wink:

Iā€™ve never strapped pallets in a curtainsider but on a flat 1 every row and 2 on the back. The truck will get a right ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  lean on if you hammer it round a bend with a nice bit of off camber lol.

Dogmatix:

gonzothejaffa1:
todays top tip roll the straps up with the buckle on the inside the weight of the hook helps em get over the top

Until you smash someone in the face on the other side with the hookā€¦

or the gaffers sun roof. :wink:
but the sign saying ā€œno cars and pedestrians beyond this pointā€ mustnā€™t have applied to him. :smiley:

These crosses - are they attached to the straps going over?

The problem I found when throwing a strap over with the hook inside, was that if it didnā€™t make it over, it got caught on the load when trying to retrieve it :blush:

gonzothejaffa1:
one strap per stack (2 stacks across the bed of the truck :wink: ) go no higher than 20 high take it steady on roundabouts if your steady she will sway abit but stay greasy side down

i shift the blue ones about an never touch wood had a problem :wink:

todays top tip roll the straps up with the buckle on the inside the weight of the hook helps em get over the top

True, but one reason I donā€™t roll straps up with the hook on the inside is because I know of a few people who have been bonked on the head! I throw straps over high cube containers with the hook on the outside and never fail, just got to have a good arm! The plus also is you can pull the hook down and hook it on without having to come back round that side of the truck.

There is one thing about any CHEP depots, their H&S policy is second to none, and not in a good way!

Why didnā€™t you ask for a curtainsider to do the job, (To save time and make the whole thing a lot easier and safer)

mutley:

BIGRIG:

mutley:

BIGRIG:

Scarab:
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. Will do my best and make sure the loaders donā€™t try to fob me off with the nasty ones nobody else will take! - as I reckon will happen.

What Is the best way of getting the straps over the top? Just lob it and perfect your aim over time? Ive strapped many loads in my time but Iā€™m never any good at throwing the ā– ā– ā– ā–  straps!

Its not easy ive been doing it for three weeks now and i still avnt mastered it :wink:

Thatā€™s coz youā€™re a shortarse

Took ya long enuff ive waited all night :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry been busy ā€œworkingā€ donā€™t have the time to chit chat

long time since i did this type of work,back in the days before straps (sorry old ā– ā– ā– ā–  i am )only used ropes and tied dollys,those were the days ha haā€¦until it sliped and ended upon your arse. never had a problem though.as said usualy 20 high but with ropes i put criss cross on back row and one over top.

gonzothejaffa1:

Chepā€™s own instructions are 2 on the front, 2 on the back, 1 over the rest.

Iā€™m suprised youā€™ve got straps on a Bratt artic :laughing: My mate struggles to not have them ā€˜re-allocatedā€™ on his rigid.

waynedl:

gonzothejaffa1:

Chepā€™s own instructions are 2 on the front, 2 on the back, 1 over the rest.

Iā€™m suprised youā€™ve got straps on a Bratt artic :laughing: My mate struggles to not have them ā€˜re-allocatedā€™ on his rigid.

it can be a challenge and its my load and my responseability :wink:

You may be surprised how much a full shoot of empty pallets weighs

Hi all.

The next 3 days Iā€™ve got a run that involves moving massive amounts of empty pallets in-between hubs for a pallet network.

Itā€™s on a 26t flatbed and I always see the guys doing this job with the pallets stacked way above the height of the cab and swaying like a drunk.

The stacks arrive barely clinging onto bed.

What is the correct way to load and secure pallets? It seems the norm is one strap per stack, but ive seen up to 3 per stack and still swaying on roundabouts.

Any and all help appreciated!

Alex

one strap per stack (2 stacks across the bed of the truck :wink: ) go no higher than 20 high take it steady on roundabouts if your steady she will sway abit but stay greasy side down

gonzothejaffa1:

Yeah, also, extra ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  last row of pallets, donā€™t know why, just what we were told to do.

Any damaged pallets you can refuse or put on top, never have them anywhere else or itā€™ll make everything else unstable - obvious but still seen it done.

20 high is normally around 15ā€™ on a rigid, so watch bridges etc, and, as said, take it easy on r/bouts and obviously bad cambers, thereā€™s more weight in empty pallets than you think.

waynedl:

gonzothejaffa1:

Yeah, also, extra ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  last row of pallets, donā€™t know why, just what we were told to do.

Any damaged pallets you can refuse or put on top, never have them anywhere else or itā€™ll make everything else unstable - obvious but still seen it done.

20 high is normally around 15ā€™ on a rigid, so watch bridges etc, and, as said, take it easy on r/bouts and obviously bad cambers, thereā€™s more weight in empty pallets than you think.

you on for the blue timber brigade aswell ā– ā– ? :sunglasses:

gonzothejaffa1:

waynedl:

gonzothejaffa1:

you on for the blue timber brigade aswell ā– ā– ? :sunglasses:

Just did a bit of agency down there a while back, a mate does it regular but heā€™s on for Brattā€™s not direct.

ahhhhhhhhhh know em well :wink:

pm sent

gonzothejaffa1:

Dogmatix:

gonzothejaffa1:

shouldnā€™t be there but the trick is to have a peek through the pallets first :sunglasses: :smiley: :wink: