Secure parking Milan?

Doing an exhibition in the Milano Convention centre and will be looking for somewhere decent to leave the truck for 3-4 days as close as possible to Milan centre if I can’t park at the venue. One of the boys mentioned Via Stephenson but I couldn’t find it on google maps. Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers :smiley:

Try Via Giorgio Stephenson…

Trubrit:
Try Via Giorgio Stephenson…

Agreed.

It’s off Vialle Chertosa, the first exit after coming off the tanzenale near Pero services. Down the lane off that slip road which looks like it goes to Minolta and the parking is on your right.
The resto does good food. Their showers weren’t great but I was last there several years ago, so they may have improved them since. The resto used to be closed on Sundays, but that wasn’t a problem as you could catch a tram from near by into Milan city centre for pennies (or cents if you prefer). Probably around €1.50 now.

No resto there anymore and hasnt been for a good few years! The parking still is though but the entrance has moved to around the corner (as though you were heading back to the motorway)

Cheers guys. I’ve found it on Google maps/streetview & it doesn’t look too clever, but it’s worth a look all the same. Possibly carisio or arluno would be better options if there’s easy access into Milan centre from. there? Bearing in mind that I won’t be staying with the truck.

Andy Rich:
Cheers guys. I’ve found it on Google maps/streetview & it doesn’t look too clever, but it’s worth a look all the same. Possibly carisio or arluno would be better options if there’s easy access into Milan centre from. there? Bearing in mind that I won’t be staying with the truck.

It’s never looked too clever. But it always used to be secure.

Simon:
It’s never looked too clever. But it always used to be secure.

Agreed Simon!!

It was the alsatians that saw to that, and IIRC the night-guard had a pistol just for good measure.

:open_mouth: As I remember, the guy who issued the tickets at that place used to warn you not to get out of the truck for a pee in the night!! :open_mouth:

Secure? Oh yes, I used it many times and never had a problem. :grimacing:

The cave. Arluno. My drivers park there on Sundays.

A couple of pics from Via Stephenson taken a couple of years ago.

Secure Milano,Milano Secure… better you park outside had my 141 stolen in Secure Milano

toothpick johnny:
Secure Milano,Milano Secure… better you park outside had my 141 stolen in Secure Milano

As much as I like the country, nothing is safe in my opinion.

GBPub:

toothpick johnny:

snap

GBPub:

toothpick johnny:

Really? i have never found Milan a problem having lived and worked there!! I can think of far worse places

Griff82:
Really? i have never found Milan a problem having lived and worked there!! I can think of far worse places

Never feel safe wherever I park up in Italy. Only country I have ever had the cab broken into and even then I had only left it for 5 minutes.

GBPub:

Griff82:

Never feel safe wherever I park up in Italy. Only country I have ever had the cab broken into and even then I had only left it for 5 minutes.

^+1 :imp: only country i don’t like parking in either

Found it easily enough, thanks for the directions :smiley:
Looks a bit better in real life than it does on google, security barriers, dogs, cameras & a little old lady on a push bike to keep the scum at bay. A bit steep @ 22€ a day but hopefully safe as there’s nowt else near the centre :confused:

Plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance and IIRC the number 19 tram goes to the centre of milan (duomo). Tickets can be bought from the news stand or the tabac shop (used to be 1 euro each, no need to tell them where you want to go, just ask for tram tickets!)

I park behind Westland Augusta helicopters…Next to DHL Nr Malpensa airport. Lovely and quiet!

I left the truck (unattended) at giorgio stephenson all week and am glad to say that it wasn’t touched. Can’t speak for the facilities as I didn’t sleep there but there’s a portacabin behind the office which looks like it must be the toilets. It was full of Italian motors & a few Express Trailers Malta trailers on the Saturday plus a couple of firms seemed to be running trucks from there during the week. 22€ per night & 10€ for a taxi into town. Not cheap, but…weighing it up against the hassle of the truck being broken into, diesel stolen, graffittied, etc. whilst I wasn’t there, it was definitely worth it in my book :wink:

€10 for a taxi? :open_mouth:
You could have got a tram for €1 I think someone posted.
Tram tickets are timed from when you stamp it in the machine on the tram. 1 stamped ticket will get you from one side of Milan, right the way through to the other side on several different trams and buses.