Secure parking Milan?

Simon:
€10 for a taxi? :open_mouth:
You could have got a tram for €1 I think someone posted.

I know Simon, but with all my clothes, laptop etc. plus the food & drink I bought for the return trip it would have been a right struggle to ram my way onto a crowded tram :laughing:

If you go again,it is asfe on Via Mestre,in the area of Cernusco de Navigliao,there is a transport depot called Gamco,and all the Portuguese drivers park there.
It is a 20 minute walk to the tube/train station,the red line takes you to the centre of Milan,if you look for the Autogrill cafe by the cathedral in Duemo square,they have a happy hour, of free food and nibbles,you just buy any drink,and help your self to what is on the counter,it is some Milanese tradition,very popular with the office workers,as they dont eat until 9 or 10 pm.

toby1234abc:
If you go again,it is asfe on Via Mestre,in the area of Cernusco de Navigliao,there is a transport depot called Gamco,and all the Portuguese drivers park there.
It is a 20 minute walk to the tube/train station,the red line takes you to the centre of Milan,if you look for the Autogrill cafe by the cathedral in Duemo square,they have a happy hour, of free food and nibbles,you just buy any drink,and help your self to what is on the counter,it is some Milanese tradition,very popular with the office workers,as they dont eat until 9 or 10 pm.

That’ll be the Duomo square.
They do the same thing in other bars too. A favourite of Murfitts drivers weekended in Milan was the Bar Magenta on Via Magenta. A decent step from the Duomo, up the road past McD’s towards Vialle Certosa.

and the football bar just down from Duomo square you could find drivers always stayed away from autogrill to expensive!!

BTTT

GBPub:
BTTT

Thanks for finding that :blush: and I can even PM Andy about he Exhibition centre. :smiley:

P.S. What does BTTT mean?

muckles:
P.S. What does BTTT mean?

Back to the top

Via Mestre,outside Gamco International transport warehouse,the Portuguese park up there,it is safe and secure,out of the way from the main roads,you can walk to the tube and train station,about a twenty minutes walk,then get the train to the centre of the city.
The suberb is called Gernusco de Naviglio.