SDUs new rig

I think the reason you e managed to wind CF up is he begrudgingly respects you. He’s never respected me, my job or vehicles I’ve driven and thinks I’m a moron who’s a crap driver so I never have any success at winding him up. He is mostly right to be fair.

switchlogic:
I think the reason you e managed to wind CF up is he begrudgingly respects you. He’s never respected me, my job or vehicles I’ve driven and thinks I’m a moron who’s a crap driver so I never have any success at winding him up. He is mostly right to be fair.

That’s one point of view. None of us proper drivers have had an incident free career. The person who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Carryfast only spent five minutes on the job, not enough time to make anything.

A hash of it?

switchlogic:

Star down under.:
On the way to my goal I had to fill roles good and bad. I did so, usually cheerfully and always gave 100% effort. I was knocked down a few time but I got up, dusted my self off and carried on. It wasn’t always easy, but it wasn’t impossible for someone who stayed focused and was prepared to work.
It’s a shame l couldn’t have given you this advice thirty years ago, you may have made it, but then again, our work ethics are poles apart.

This. The 10 years up to my car crash my driving career was filled with fantastic work driving flagship lorries, including having an FH16 750 bought for me*, well, two of them. People like this think it’s some sort of elite club and others think it’s luck, esp when you consider I put a truck in the ditch in 2011 and was moving into a brand new 750 a year later. But it’s not luck or some sort of funny handshake, it’s a lot of really f***** hard work and actually being a bit of a yes man. People think being a yes man is bad but it made my career what it is. I go to work to work with an employer, not say no to everything they ask. I’ve never turned down a reasonable request, and as a result I’ve done a lot of crappy work but it meant that while someone like CF would put a truck in a ditch he’d get sack and probably struggle to find work I was never for a split second worried about my job. And he’d know if he ever worked for one companies like Virginia, family companies built over decades with bosses who work harder than any employee don’t suffer fools gladly and I’d have been out the door in a second had I not been fairly good at what I do.

As I say to new drivers who might have had a minor bump and are worried about what will happen- actual driving skill is down the list when it comes to driver desirability. Much more important to have a helpful, polite hard working driver who is on time to drops 95% of time and doesn’t ■■■■ about than one who is a technically brilliant driver but lacking in every other way. I think that’s the difference between me and CF. Yeah he probably is/was a far more gifted driver than me technically, many are but my CV speaks for itself :wink:

*Sounds boastful but I’m very much aware I’m basically a moron, & a fairly crap driver. Just one who knows when to turn it on.

Come on Switch mate admit it, your face fit. :sunglasses:

Well when you’ve a face as beautiful as mine it usually does :wink:

Star down under.:

whisperingsmith:
I think this Gearbox would suit CF, just up his street:

How many of those can be split? :wink:

Yep it’s obviously the very rare Fuller 20 speed range change an upgrade of the 15 speed range change.

whisperingsmith:

Where’s reverse? Or does it have a separate reverser, so you have the same in both directions?

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

whisperingsmith:

How many of those can be split? :wink:

Yep it’s obviously the very rare Fuller 20 speed range change an upgrade of the 15 speed range change.

Still avoiding the questions, eh? Must be your way of admitting you’re wrong.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

I haven’t had time or inclination to go through your further bs yet but as you’ve asked I’ll check them out.Not that there’s much point because anyone who thinks they can reverse an A triple 100 metres and who thinks that a 15 speed Fuller has no splitter obviously won’t accept or understand a logical answer to a sensible question.

Star down under.:

Right so let’s start with have I ever used a 15 speed Fuller. No.Have I ever used a 13 speed yes.
We know that the 13 speed is just a 9 speed with a splitter on the top for.
So tell us how are the extra 5 gears achieved on the 15 speed v 10 in that regard ?.
Are you saying that it’s a 3 way range change not splitter in which case it’ll obviously only have a range control not range and splitter ? in your universe.
Answer to your question indeed.
You’ll also obviously have no problem providing evidence of your supposed 100 metre A triple reverse.Im waiting.
Respect indeed.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

I haven’t had time or inclination to go through your further bs yet but as you’ve asked I’ll check them out.Not that there’s much point because anyone who thinks they can reverse an A triple 100 metres and who thinks that a 15 speed Fuller has no splitter obviously won’t accept or understand a logical answer to a sensible question.

I eagerly await your expert answer. I’m surprised you can’t answer the RoadRanger question off the top of your head. Hint, a 15speed RR has three ranges with 13 usable gears. Happy googling, looking for the splitter.
I showed you the courtesy of breaking down your comments and answering them, blow by blow, demonstrating my superior knowledge, to yours. Perhaps you could return the favour.
The only reason you have neither the time or inclination to answer is because, as I’ve pointed out before, you lack the knowledge and/or it would prove me right and you wrong.
It’s a bit of a bugger when you bs about your experience, knowledge and expertise, then get called out by an average driver, who shows you to be the bullcrap artist that you are, eh?

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

I eagerly await your expert answer. I’m surprised you can’t answer the RoadRanger question off the top of your head. Hint, a 15speed RR has three ranges with 13 usable gears. Happy googling, looking for the splitter.
I showed you the courtesy of breaking down your comments and answering them, blow by blow, demonstrating my superior knowledge, to yours. Perhaps you could return the favour.
The only reason you have neither the time or inclination to answer is because, as I’ve pointed out before, you lack the knowledge and/or it would prove me right and you wrong.
It’s a bit of a bugger when you bs about your experience, knowledge and expertise, then get called out by an average driver, who shows you to be the bullcrap artist that you are, eh?

Happy googling indeed.
I make that a 5 over 5 range change just like the 10 speed but with a reduction splitter which works on only the low range 5 of the gears ?.
Similar to the way the 13 speed works which is 4 over 4 range change with a splitter on the top 4 gears. ?.
Which is why, like the 13 speed it has two separate switches range and splitter, not just one three way range control ?.

youtu.be/92b9Y3Blzgk

Bearing in mind that even if you’re right I drove the 12 speed Foden box in the S85 gritters before they were all converted to 9 speed Fullers because road maintenance crews couldn’t handle the Foden box.
As opposed to the compliments I got from the fleet engineer manager for the way I handled it.Which went along the lines of jack of all trades = master of none it needs a driver to drive it and unfortunately that’s why we’ve got to swap them out.
A bit like many of the fire trucks I drove were Allison autos because fire fighters ain’t drivers.
You obviously won’t get the irony in that.

I have no doubt that is as close as we’ll get to an admission that you are clueless. Your issues with comprehension have proven themselves. As it is unkind to mock those with learning disabilities, there’ll be no more mention of it.

Carryfast:
Happy googling indeed.
I make that a 5 over 5 range change just like the 10 speed but with a reduction splitter which works on only the low range 5 of the gears ?. Try as hard you like, calling a deep reduction range a splitter, does not make it so. Do yo know what a splitter is?
Similar to the way the 13 speed works which is 4 over 4 range change with a splitter on the top 4 gears. ?.
Which is why, like the 13 speed it has two separate switches range and splitter, not just one three way range control ?. Have you ever seen a 13 speed? Two separate switches? Can you please show me them?

youtu.be/92b9Y3Blzgk

Bearing in mind that even if you’re right I drove the 12 speed Foden box in the S85 gritters before they were all converted to 9 speed Fullers because road maintenance crews couldn’t handle the Foden box. Your own evidence proves me right and you wrong!
As opposed to the compliments I got from the fleet engineer manager for the way I handled it.Which went along the lines of jack of all trades = master of none Ain’t that the truth. it needs a driver to drive it and unfortunately that’s why we’ve got to swap them out.
A bit like many of the fire trucks I drove were Allison autos because fire fighters ain’t drivers. In reality, the only truck you could steer, without ballsing up the gearshift.

Council employees are not exactly known for their industriousness or expertise, rather a venue for the unemployable. You should have stayed there.
Your only claim, and I emphasise claim, to fame is being able to use an inefficient, outdated box of cogs. A knack about as useful as being able to drive a T Model Ford.
If only you could change your attitude and stop lying to yourself, about being a doyen in all things transport, truck and mechanical, you may learn a thing or two. There is much knowledge and experience on this forum (none of which comes from you), but not one person has it all, it’s an accumulation of many.
There’s hardly a subject, raised here, that you don’t chime in, trying to project yourself as the expert. Just look at the work advice you offer the newbies, most of them weren’t born last time you had a job!

Star down under.:
I have no doubt that is as close as we’ll get to an admission that you are clueless. Your issues with comprehension have proven themselves. As it is unkind to mock those with learning disabilities, there’ll be no more mention of it.

Carryfast:
Happy googling indeed.
I make that a 5 over 5 range change just like the 10 speed but with a reduction splitter which works on only the low range 5 of the gears ?. Try as hard you like, calling a deep reduction range a splitter, does not make it so. Do yo know what a splitter is?
Which is why, like the 13 speed it has two separate switches range and splitter, not just one three way range control ?. Have you ever seen a 13 speed? Two separate switches? Can you please show me them?

youtu.be/92b9Y3Blzgk

Bearing in mind that even if you’re right I drove the 12 speed Foden box in the S85 gritters before they were all converted to 9 speed Fullers because road maintenance crews couldn’t handle the Foden box. Your own evidence proves me right and you wrong!
As opposed to the compliments I got from the fleet engineer manager for the way I handled it.Which went along the lines of jack of all trades = master of none Ain’t that the truth. it needs a driver to drive it and unfortunately that’s why we’ve got to swap them out.
A bit like many of the fire trucks I drove were Allison autos because fire fighters ain’t drivers. In reality, the only truck you could steer, without ballsing up the gearshift.

Council employees are not exactly known for their industriousness or expertise, rather a venue for the unemployable. You should have stayed there.
Your only claim, and I emphasise claim, to fame is being able to use an inefficient, outdated box of cogs. A knack about as useful as being able to drive a T Model Ford.
If only you could change your attitude and stop lying to yourself, about being a doyen in all things transport, truck and mechanical, you may learn a thing or two. There is much knowledge and experience on this forum (none of which comes from you), but not one person has it all, it’s an accumulation of many.
There’s hardly a subject, raised here, that you don’t chime in, trying to project yourself as the expert. Just look at the work advice you offer the newbies, most of them weren’t born last time you had a job!

Bearing in mind that your definition of clueless is obviously someone who knows the. bleedin difference between a range change and a splitter and the difference between an A train v a B train.
So I’ve called you out on your bs and now you predictably revert to type by calling it an outdated box of cogs to hide the fact as to who is actually the clueless bser here.You’d best stay with the sheep shearing job regardless of whether you want to call it a ranch or a station.
Because no one with any sense, would allow anyone who thinks they could back an A triple 100 metres or who thinks that a 13 or 15 speed Fuller are range change only boxes anywhere near a truck.Although ironically yard hand to anything but driver seems to be what the dumbed down UK industry is all about.Auto box indeed obviously a Freudian slip on your part.

You don’t learn, or comprehend, do you?

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
Happy googling indeed.

youtu.be/92b9Y3Blzgk

Bearing in mind that your definition of clueless is obviously someone who knows the. bleedin difference between a range change and a splitter I do, apparently you still don’t. and the difference between an A train v a B train. Still waiting for your expert definition of the differences, another question you’ve thus far refused to answer.
So I’ve called you out on your bs no bs on my part, just conformation that you simply don’t understand anything about trucks. and now you predictably revert to type by calling it an outdated box of cogs Which it is and if that’s all you’ve got to hang you’re hat on, you’re demonstrating your lack of relivant experience.
to hide the fact as to who is actually the clueless bser here. Clearly, you. You’d best stay with the sheep shearing job regardless of whether you want to call it a ranch or a station.
Because no one with any sense, would allow anyone who thinks they could back an A triple 100 metres Did you actually watch the YouTube I linked?or who thinks that a 13 or 15 speed Fuller are range change only boxes Please point out where I said a13 speed is not a splitterbox. anywhere near a truck.Although ironically yard hand to anything but driver seems to be what the dumbed down UK industry is all about.Auto box indeed obviously a Freudian slip on your part. How would you know? When was the last time you worked in the industry?

You’re getting to confused to be rational, claiming my statements to be yours and yours to be mine. When proven wrong, you make an about turn and try to attribute your incorrect statements and lack of knowledge to me. You deliberately muddy the waters, typical of the behaviour of a bsing, clueless braggart.

Star down under.:
You don’t learn, or comprehend, do you?

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:
Happy googling indeed.

youtu.be/92b9Y3Blzgk

Bearing in mind that your definition of clueless is obviously someone who knows the. bleedin difference between a range change and a splitter I do, apparently you still don’t. and the difference between an A train v a B train. Still waiting for your expert definition of the differences, another question you’ve thus far refused to answer.
So I’ve called you out on your bs no bs on my part, just conformation that you simply don’t understand anything about trucks. and now you predictably revert to type by calling it an outdated box of cogs Which it is and if that’s all you’ve got to hang you’re hat on, you’re demonstrating your lack of relivant experience.
to hide the fact as to who is actually the clueless bser here. Clearly, you. You’d best stay with the sheep shearing job regardless of whether you want to call it a ranch or a station.
Because no one with any sense, would allow anyone who thinks they could back an A triple 100 metres Did you actually watch the YouTube I linked?or who thinks that a 13 or 15 speed Fuller are range change only boxes Please point out where I said a13 speed is not a splitterbox. anywhere near a truck.Although ironically yard hand to anything but driver seems to be what the dumbed down UK industry is all about.Auto box indeed obviously a Freudian slip on your part. How would you know? When was the last time you worked in the industry?

You’re getting too confused to be rational, claiming my statements to be yours and yours to be mine. When proven wrong, you make an about turn and try to attribute your incorrect statements and lack of knowledge to me. You deliberately muddy the waters, typical of the behaviour of a bsing, clueless braggart.
I’ve pointed out numerous points where you’re wrong and addressed, sentence by sentence, many of your posts. You, on the other hand, have avoided direct questions, deliberately confused issues and outright lied; all actions of a cluelessness bs artist, desperately trying to avoid admitting and revealing their absolute lack of knowledge.
You don’t like being called out and showing you for the lying dreamer that you are, do you?
Would you like me to start a poll, asking who the rest of the forum believe, you or me?

Easy peasey…

youtu.be/vFYDHS_GUeY

yourhavingalarf:
Easy peasey…

youtu.be/vFYDHS_GUeY

Looking forward to CFs expert opinion on this

youtube.com/watch?v=k_dy4N220jI

Real trucks have 2 sticks. :sunglasses:

remy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dy4N220jI

Real trucks have 2 sticks. :sunglasses:

Don’t confuse him, the 15speed RR already got him befuddled.
How do you reckon he’s go on a quad box?

youtu.be/4uhkygogd1A