Scunthorpe

Is it me, or does anyone else find the Scunthorpe signs amusing? :smiley: Think about it :exclamation:

Me as well.

What about NEWARK :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What other places can we come up with■■?

WTF… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If ‘TyPhoo put the T in BriTain’ who put the ‘xuxt’ in Scunthorpe ? Is that what you were thinking of Bugcos?
Looks like being on the ‘boxes’ is giving you too much time to think about life’s little mysteries. :laughing: :laughing: :astonished: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

Been looking out for you recently around Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Halifax and Huddersfield area, thought I saw you on Friday but couldn’t catch the reg; and before I could the motor was gone out of sight.

Regards
Dave Penn;

cockfosters always makes me chuckle :unamused:

There’s an international internet problem area, known as “The Scunthorpe Problem”:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_Problem

clitheroe

Lightwater, Surrey.

garnerlives:
clitheroe

I’ve never found clitheroe

Don’t forget Prickwillow, Cambridgeshire. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

surely it must be Bellend in the Clent hills by Birmingham :laughing:

Napoleon88:
There’s an international internet problem area, known as “The Scunthorpe Problem”:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_Problem

Thanks for that link

In June 2008, a news site run by the American Family Association censored an Associated Press article on sprinter Tyson Gay, replacing instances of “gay” with homosexual, thus rendering his name as “Tyson Homosexual”

Brilliant :smiley:

Some of my favourites:
Cockermouth, Chicklade (Sailsbury), ■■■■■ Lane (Worcestershire), Tw att (Orkney - the censor doesn’t like that one), ■■■■ (NI), Fingringhoe (Essex)
And the best of the lot - Hole of Horcum in the North York Moors

Have I got too much time on my hands?

there used to be a forum i went on where whenever i typed the work scunthorpe it changed it to s****horpe :unamused:

i always find ARSEnal and their manager ARSEne wenger funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love going up Ramsbottom ,
on my days off.

how about this street name :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Found this link

http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/crapstone-wetwang-and-other-rude-uk-place-names

There is a town just outside Salzburg in Austria with the name {ZB}ing, it rhymes with sucking.
It’s town sign is the most stolen in the world.

I wonder why :open_mouth:

There’s a town beside the Motorway, Italian side of the Mont Blanc tunnel, called FENIS

The amount of times you drove past the sign for it and someone had changed the F to a “P” :blush:

What about good ‘ole’ Wetwang in East Yorks; and that retirement village east of Cambridge thats allegedly just for us old lard arse’s from the haulage fraternity ‘Six Mile Bottom’ :blush: :slight_smile: :wink: