Scrotes on Cambridge services

bbc.com/news/uk-england-cam … e-65207961

Live the way they had managed to do over 30 trailers :open_mouth: …before the ‘security guard’ sussed. :unamused:
Does it hold much more than30?
Wtf was he doing?

One job ffs. :unamused:

Haven’t they recently done Cambridge services up .
Put the trucks in a dedicated parking area that’s fenced off . And with security which was obviously a joke.
Then again is bank holiday and obviously didn’t want to pay security guards double pay

Hope every company that was affected puts in a claim against the services.
and also tell there drivers to never parking there again.
As far as I’m concerned the services are responsible for any attempt of theft or damage isn’t that what we pay £30 a night for when parking up .

The…

T’s and C’s when parking at these wretched places mean the provider has no responsibility to ensure anyone (and their vehicles) a minimum level of safety and security. That needs to change. If they’re charging £30+ a night, you should be getting much more than just a space in a pish stinking, rat infested parking lot.

I’m guessing security will be minimum wage, I’m sure they never take back-handers from n’er do wells.

If everything was in a box, not only would loads be more secure when parked, they’d be less inclined to fall through flimsy curtains all the time.

Is it too much to ask that a police car appears on random occasions?

I’ve just re-read what I’ve typed. It becomes apparent I’ve been on the sauce all afternoon.

robroy:
A14 Cambridge Services: Thieves cut open more than 30 lorries

Live the way they had managed to do over 30 trailers :open_mouth: …before the ‘security guard’ sussed. :unamused:
Does it hold much more than30?%

Holds 132 hgvs

edd1974:
Haven’t they recently done Cambridge services up .
Put the trucks in a dedicated parking area that’s fenced off . And with security which was obviously a joke.
Then again is bank holiday and obviously didn’t want to pay security guards double pay

Hope every company that was affected puts in a claim against the services.
and also tell there drivers to never parking there again.
As far as I’m concerned the services are responsible for any attempt of theft or damage isn’t that what we pay £30 a night for when parking up .

It’s dated 8th March.

The stockyard gets it right…

Most parking areas have a sign stating that the owners are not responsible for any damage, loss caused whilst . . .

yourhavingalarf:
If everything was in a box, not only would loads be more secure when parked, they’d be less inclined to fall through flimsy curtains all the time.

Yeah your experience of haulage is quite limited otherwise you’d know it was unworkable for a lot of loads.

fingermissing:

robroy:

Holds 132 hgvs

So it holds 132 being conservative say it gets 100 a night that’s 3 grand a night. Pay couple security guards 200 a night each that’s 2 half grand profit a night money for nothing

fingermissing:

robroy:
Does it hold much more than 30?

Holds 132 hgvs

Really?..
That shows how long it is since I’ve been there. :blush:
I never park on those over priced ■■■■ holes but have no qualms about using their facilities.
I used to get a shower there, and park over the road at the ind est,.and walk to the pub on the side of the A14 opposite…which I believe now has gone. :unamused:

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:

Yeah your experience of haulage is quite limited otherwise you’d know it was unworkable for a lot of loads.

My experience…

Spans four decades. As always when the curtainsider debate arises, look at the USA, it’s flats, dry vans, box jockey’s or fridges.

robroy:

fingermissing:

robroy:

Holds 132 hgvs

Really?..

. :unamused:

Yes according to this extraservices.co.uk/locations/c … reloaded=1

edd1974:

fingermissing:

robroy:

Holds 132 hgvs

So it holds 132 being conservative say it gets 100 a night that’s 3 grand a night. Pay couple security guards 200 a night each that’s 2 half grand profit a night money for nothing

The owners could sell the land for housing development . . kerching

fingermissing:

robroy:

fingermissing:

robroy:

Holds 132 hgvs

Really?..

. :unamused:

Yes according to this extraservices.co.uk/locations/c … reloaded=1

Aye…I wasn’t doubting you mate, but I remember it being smaller…(and a trap for mirrors getting taken off in the small spaces. :unamused: )

It’s obviously changed since then.,.I was last in about 12 yrs ago as I’m mainly on SW runs these days…glad to say. :smiley:
I was in that area regularly around 2000/2005 in fact I think it was newly built at that time.

The minute you hand over monies for overnight parking forget there Terms & conditions they should hold some of responsibility towards security.
The government should really being putting pressure on these places to provide secure parking .
Hasn’t taken long to be forgotten since the COVID days and driver shortages and all the failed promises

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:

My experience…

Spans four decades. As always when the curtainsider debate arises, look at the USA, it’s flats, dry vans, box jockey’s or fridges.

I follow one or two American truckers on the tube - never understood why they don’t have curtainsider trailers. Most loads on flats would be fine on those.

Saves all this tarp stuff in the quite severe weather they have.

I think I would rather have a couple of sheets over the load than a 600 sq ft sail in some of the weather they have. :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
I think I would rather have a couple of sheets over the load than a 600 sq ft sail in some of the weather they have. :smiley:

Point taken - but they have those flimsy box trailers with no chassis that fold in half when not loaded correctly. :open_mouth:

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:

Lot of loads, but not most, you can also have box van type trailers were the sides open, popular in Nordic countries (don’t know what they are called).

The way things are going it will soon won’t be possible to insure a load in a curtinsided vehicle.

Socketset:

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:

My experience…

I follow one or two American truckers on the tube - never understood why they don’t have curtainsider trailers. Most loads on flats would be fine on those.

Saves all this tarp stuff in the quite severe weather they have.

Tarp?? You certainly are reading too much American stuff mate. :wink: :smiley:
I remember when it was 99% flats/ropes and sheets, it was a luxury if you had a taut. :smiley:
I sheeted a one off flat load 2 weeks ago for first time in bloody years.
Haven’t lost the technique, but ■■■■ ed if I could jump up with a folded sheet over my left shoulder as I once did, had to get the guy on the fork lift to put it up,.and the guy on site rolled them out for me. :blush:
My hands were covered in rope blisters, (I can’t rope up with gloves on).

Getting old ,.soft …or both :unamused: . :laughing: