Scrotes on Cambridge services

yourhavingalarf:
T’s and C’s when parking at these wretched places mean the provider has no responsibility to ensure anyone (and their vehicles) a minimum level of safety and security.

Those T&Cs aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.
If they charge you to stay there then they are responsible. Same as with car parks.
The sign saying they don’t accept any responsibility is only there to try and put people off claiming

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:
If everything was in a box, not only would loads be more secure when parked, they’d be less inclined to fall through flimsy curtains all the time.

Yeah your experience of haulage is quite limited otherwise you’d know it was unworkable for a lot of loads.

Been off this forum for the past 3 years or so and now im back its nice to see Conor is still holding “How to make friends and influence people” close to his heart :laughing:

Negan:
Been off this forum for the past 3 years or so and now im back its nice to see Conor is still holding “How to make friends and influence people” close to his heart :laughing:

You’ll have missed the gem when he told Dan Punchard that he doubted that he’d never been near a truck in his life :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

Negan:

You’ll have missed the gem when he told Dan Punchard that he doubted that he’d never been near a truck in his life :smiley: :smiley:

He once told me that,.or at least asked me if I’d ever even driven one. :neutral_face:
:laughing:
And didn’t he once tell you that you were a crap driver?. :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah but he did have a point to be fair!

the maoster:
Yeah but he did have a point to be fair!

:laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:

Negan:

:laughing:
Wish id seen that. Sounds like a classic :laughing:

Socketset:

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:

yourhavingalarf:
If everything was in a box, not only would loads be more secure when parked, they’d be less inclined to fall through flimsy curtains all the time.

Yeah your experience of haulage is quite limited otherwise you’d know it was unworkable for a lot of loads.

My experience…

Spans four decades. As always when the curtainsider debate arises, look at the USA, it’s flats, dry vans, box jockey’s or fridges.

I follow one or two American truckers on the tube - never understood why they don’t have curtainsider trailers. Most loads on flats would be fine on those.

Saves all this tarp stuff in the quite severe weather they have.

some firms run roll tights which is the canadian/american version of our curtainsiders

Socketset:
I follow one or two American truckers on the tube - never understood why they don’t have curtainsider trailers. Most loads on flats would be fine on those.

Saves all this tarp stuff in the quite severe weather they have.

Simple. They don’t have warehousing infrastructure which in many cases dates back to the Victorian era, and they have available space (and no Green Belt restrictions) to build it to suit themselves.

Have you seen the size of their railway locomotives and wagons? Make ours look like Hornby!