Scrap Box trailer wanted (near Manchester)

Anyone knows of anyone that deals a lot in them and at what best prices are please
Near Manchester
Thanks

EBay is your friend

ebay.co.uk/itm/195668229196 … R6KSh8XtYQ

Harry Monk:
ebay item

strange thing is Harry, just before I made this post I did a search on ebay for “box trailer” within 50 miles and nothing of that nature came up!

So do you think its worth 850? I am going to say that it is an MOT write off if anyone out these dissagrees? So on that note how much do you think it weights for scrap metal value? What kind of offer do you think I should make?

How do you normally deliver these old scrap trailers? must they go on a load loader or will they be short enough and wide enough for a standard flat bed. What about if all air connections are bust and hence brakes are locked up. How do you winch it on? How much do you think a local delivery cost should be?

Thanks

I’ve shortened the link in the quote so it all fits on screen -Colingl

Tucker.C:

Harry Monk:
ebay item

strange thing is Harry, just before I made this post I did a search on ebay for “box trailer” within 50 miles and nothing of that nature came up!

So do you think its worth 850? I am going to say that it is an MOT write off if anyone out these dissagrees? So on that note how much do you think it weights for scrap metal value? What kind of offer do you think I should make?

How do you normally deliver these old scrap trailers? must they go on a load loader or will they be short enough and wide enough for a standard flat bed. What about if all air connections are bust and hence brakes are locked up. How do you winch it on? How much do you think a local delivery cost should be?

Thanks

I’ve shortened the link in the quote so it all fits on screen -Colingl

It says in the advert that delivery can be arranged if not far away

Harry Monk:
ebay item

Wow. That’s a lot cheaper than a container. Could make a nice home out of that [emoji1787]

As before shortened the link. Colingl

stu675:

Harry Monk:
ebay item

Wow. That’s a lot cheaper than a container. Could make a nice home out of that [emoji1787]

I saw a few a while ago listed at 750, but again its scrap metal with very little other usage apart from storage

Tucker.C:

stu675:

I saw a few a while ago listed at 750, but again its scrap metal with very little other usage apart from storage

Seems to me thats only partly true? After its useful life it is scrap but its not all metal. Those boxes are often made with a wood-composite side wall and might have a thin sheet metal roof or more likely a plastic type roof. It would actually cost money to scrap those materials as it would the (probably) knackered tyres on a trailer. A container has less plastic and wood, and more steel to it. Maybe, a container would make money as scrap? Maybe, a trailer wouldnt?

OP joined just over a fortnight ago with the first post enquiring about the legality of parking a trailer on the highway, now wanting to purchase a scrap trailer as cheaply as possible with very little information provided regarding its intended purpose. To quote Peter Jones: “I’m out”.

cav551:
OP joined just over a fortnight ago with the first post enquiring about the legality of parking a trailer on the highway, now wanting to purchase a scrap trailer as cheaply as possible with very little information provided regarding its intended purpose. To quote Peter Jones: “I’m out”.

Well noticed.

If the above 2 posters should of read the bottom of my first thread, I made the intention use quite clear!
For storage and possibly accommodation

Franglais:
Seems to me thats only partly true? After its useful life it is scrap but its not all metal. Those boxes are often made with a wood-composite side wall and might have a thin sheet metal roof or more likely a plastic type roof. It would actually cost money to scrap those materials as it would the (probably) knackered tyres on a trailer. A container has less plastic and wood, and more steel to it. Maybe, a container would make money as scrap? Maybe, a trailer wouldnt?

A bit like scraping old caravans I guess. But is the box worth money its self? I mean why have a 40 foot shipping container on your land and need planning permision for it rather then put an old 45 foot trailer there without

Dose anyone know the best way to secure them from been stolen. If you mess with the brakes then would that stop someone being able to drive it off. Any king pin locks about?

Tucker.C:

Franglais:

A bit like scraping old caravans I guess. But is the box worth money its self? I mean why have a 40 foot shipping container on your land and need planning permision for it rather then put an old 45 foot trailer there without

If using for temporary storage I would think a decent container would fetch money after you have done with it, whereas a trailer might need to have you pay to get rid of it?
If using for accommodation then beauty is often in the eyes of the owner.

Containers are generally more strongly constructed and I would think would stay weathertight longer.

Look at initial cost of course, but also plan for end of life expenses.
If you want it watertight which is easiest to deal with? If you want it warm, which is easiest to insulate?

Franglais:
If using for temporary storage I would think a decent container would fetch money after you have done with it, whereas a trailer might need to have you pay to get rid of it?

So do you think they are worth nothing at all? Do you think haulage companies give them away?

Franglais:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Again as in my other post, you think there is little chance with the council wanting to move it on?

Franglais:
Containers are generally more strongly constructed and I would think would stay weathertight longer.

But there are all so metal inside to condensate

Franglais:
If you want it watertight which is easiest to deal with? If you want it warm, which is easiest to insulate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think bough are important. But I have no where I can park a shipping container and would need planning permision

Tucker.C:

Franglais:

So do you think they are worth nothing at all? Do you think haulage companies give them away? 1

Franglais:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Again as in my other post, you think there is little chance with the council wanting to move it on? 2

Franglais:

But there are all so metal inside to condensate 3

Franglais:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think bough are important. But I have no where I can park a shipping container and would need planning permision 4
[/quote]

You might buy a trailer just out of MoT test that is worth something. it can be exported or broken for some spares. After being stood for a while it may well have deteriorated and be a liability, not an asset.
If you start with summat stronger and simpler, made of a material with some scrap value, maybe it will be worthwhile someone taking it away.
Who will want to buy a trailer that has been stood for months? years?? on perished tyres, seized brakes etc?

Councils and planning law/neighbour`s complaints, land use: residential/agricultural/business/private, permanent/temporary etc etc are way beyond anything I know much about.
Looks like a mess to me.

Condensation is not dependent upon the type of material involved. It is a product of moist air touching a colder surface.
It could be metal or glass or the inside of a canvas tent. Whatever material, you need a good thermal break between a cold outside and a warm (moist) inside.

See 2.
Planning permission might/might-not apply to both trailers and containers, and would possibly depend on many things.

NB
Im not telling you what can/cannot do. Im chucking some thoughts out there so you can address any issues at an early stage! :smiley:

Well people put skips out on the road side with out planning or paying the council so why not a shipping container. But having said that container or trailer I think in the eyes of the law they have the right to stick a 30 days notice on there for it to be removed. Only thing is artic trailers are a lot less noticed then caravans or shipping containers as far as the public care

Tucker.C:
Well people put skips out on the road side with out planning or paying the council so why not a shipping container.

The skip…

Company must have a permit from the local council to place skips on the road.

Skips placed on the roadside must be lit.

yourhavingalarf:

Tucker.C:
Well people put skips out on the road side with out planning or paying the council so why not a shipping container.

The skip…

Skips placed on the roadside must be lit.

Yup, a skip company will charge you extra if it’s not going on your private property like a driveway.

yourhavingalarf:

where dose it state that please?