Scotland`s far superior road network

Why cant the UK have a brilliant bypass that Edinboro has,what a breeze,no hold ups,it went on for miles.
In Europe most villages,towns and cities will have a by pass,the UK is a pain,all traffic goes through the centre,endless traffic lights,roundabouts,and so on.
I found the Scots to be more friendly and do not have an attitude with wagons.Bath and Bradford upon Avon have lorry spotters to log number plates,to pas to trading standards,who then pass it to the DVlA to give lorryists a whopping £1000 fine for crossing weight limits and bridges.NIMBYism is alive,but they like the cheap goods.

You must of used the Edinburgh bypass during the night or a very quite time as it very often is a nightmare. Two main problems being the sheriffhall roundabout which clogs up the whole bypass and the fact its only two lanes when even when it was built they knew it needed to be three lanes.

Scotchlands road network is pretty nifty just too many cars is the problem. I would like to see a motorway built down to the borders along the current A7. Open up a lot of lands and towns, create a lot of work.

It was mid afternoon,and almost empty,the scenery up there is quite unique,the horizon of the sky looks different,i would not object to a job up there.

I dived at the Scarpa Flow German navy fleet site,with a dive group i did not know,i latched on to their hired dive boat for the week,with most ships at 40 metres plus deep,the group were Nitrox gas divers,so could go deeper for longer,i was not,it is pitch black going down,but when at the sea bed,it lights up,you can go inside the ships,and sit on the Captain`s kazi or in his bath tub.

You will have to be quick Toby before it becomes another Polish suburb, and even the indigenous natives speak with a foreign tongue. :wink:

It is spot the white man in Bradford,Yorkshire,lol. :smiley:

Scotland s population hovers around the 5 million mark ,so there arent that many of us to clog up the road system. The areas surrounding Glasgow and Edinburgh do get busy but the rest of the country is quite sparse.

i see agency adverts for the corridor,what does that mean,the corridor.?

toby1234abc:
i see agency adverts for the corridor,what does that mean,the corridor.?

M8 obviously.

Scotland’s road network is [zb], especially Glasgow. Traffic lights on every ■■■■■■■ junction which are on set timers including the pedestrian sequence every time, so at 2am you find yourself sat for 5 mins at every junction on Gt Western Rd. :angry:

I wouldn’t call it far superior but its a lot less stressful than down south, central belt is pretty well covered but there is still choke points like forth bridge,raith interchange,kingston,sheriff. But you need to consider the A9 past perth is pretty much s/c and the A1 south is pretty much s/c. Also aberdeen morning,noon or night the whole place needs nuked supposedly the oil capital of europe yet the roads up there are ■■■■ poor in terms of moving haulage. Then you look at the actual surface of roads probably got better roads surfaces in poland :unamused:

The new motorway in glasgow and the upgrade of the M80 is a god send.

I was in Edinburgh recently and it was a Sunday afternoon and the bypass wasnt busy,really handy,the Firth bridge over to Dunfermline is amazing too,the roads in Ireland are great now too,all Major towns and cities pretty much bypassed,and alot better in the last few years.But i dont like tolls.

merc0447:
I wouldn’t call it far superior but its a lot less stressful than down south, central belt is pretty well covered but there is still choke points like forth bridge,raith interchange,kingston,sheriff. But you need to consider the A9 past perth is pretty much s/c and the A1 south is pretty much s/c. Also aberdeen morning,noon or night the whole place needs nuked supposedly the oil capital of europe yet the roads up there are ■■■■ poor in terms of moving haulage. Then you look at the actual surface of roads probably got better roads surfaces in poland :unamused:

Only since they joined the EU and we are paying for their improved roads

I found the last time I was up there that guys in the powerful cars really rip the arse outta them-scary!

toby1234abc:
Why cant the UK have a brilliant bypass that Edinboro has,what a breeze,no hold ups,it went on for miles.
In Europe most villages,towns and cities will have a by pass,the UK is a pain,all traffic goes through the centre,endless traffic lights,roundabouts,and so on.
I found the Scots to be more friendly and do not have an attitude with wagons.Bath and Bradford upon Avon have lorry spotters to log number plates,to pas to trading standards,who then pass it to the DVlA to give lorryists a whopping £1000 fine for crossing weight limits and bridges.NIMBYism is alive,but they like the cheap goods.

Just make sure you dont pass them cameras above 51mph, or you will find ya self ■■■■■■

merc0447:

Would pretty much agree with the above, the new M80, new Kincardine Bridge and new M74 Extension have all worked quite well to solve congestion problems.

The new Forth Road Bridge will hopefully sort the problems out with the existing crossing.

I don’t think there is any chance of the A1 or A9 being fully duelled but hopefully continuous improvements can keep occuring (eg Bankfoot and Crubenmore on the A9 in the last couple of years).

There are still lots of problems though. Aberdeen is a disater in the morning and evenings and the bypass can’t come quick enough although political progress seems slow so i’m not expecting anything to occur on that front for a while, but it will be a major boost for hauliers when completed.

The A96 needs a fair few problems sorted too, as does the A82. The raith interchage/sheriffhall/kingston are all quite simply designed for far fewer road users/volume and there are no easy solutions.

the new bridge aint gonna, sort the problems witht he crossing, theirs still gonna be backlogs and the toll booths will be back so more queues. its a joke around their. as is 720 bypass around edinburgh unless its during the day or at night. rush hour is a joke in the corridor. it also doesnt help with the 40mph limit on the m90

pavaroti:
Scotchlands road network is pretty nifty just too many cars is the problem. I would like to see a motorway built down to the borders along the current A7. Open up a lot of lands and towns, create a lot of work.

Yeah, Wester Ross for example is terrible for cars. The A832 is terrible during the rush hours :smiley:

raymundo:
You will have to be quick Toby before it becomes another Polish suburb, and even the indigenous natives speak with a foreign tongue. :wink:

Edinburgh is already one of the most Polinized UK towns, I think if you see % of Poles only Peterbourough is worse :wink:

Orys, I was referring to the best part of Scotland, anywhere above Perth, apart from Aberdeen that is.

Well, since a day I bought Polish food from the wide variety of it in the shop on Benbecula in Outer Hebrides, I am no longer surprised when I meet Poles anywhere :wink:

And btw Inverness is also very Polish town already :wink: