Scared on 2nd test

I have my test coming up on the 14th December.
I failed my first class 2 test and i scared that i will do the same this time,
to be honest i think that the driving examiners aren’t fair with their scoring sometimes. also some of them talk to much about stupid things.

When i did my test the traffic was horrible, i couldn’t pull out after doing my gear change exercise so he decided to make me as a serious mark on undue hesitation. ARSE!!!
it made me very annoyed but felt stupid.
[/list]

Class 2 test is a piece of ■■■■. Any muppet should be able to do it first time. :unamused: Sorry but it has to be said. It just couldn’t be any easier.

Paul Hoggard:
Class 2 test is a piece of ■■■■. Any muppet should be able to do it first time. :unamused: Sorry but it has to be said. It just couldn’t be any easier.

Won’t bother asking how easy your one was, Paul :laughing:
Mutha-trucker, just go out there and give him your best drive ever. Dress presentably, smile (it costs nothing). Try and converse during the small talk as you drive out of test centre. This may help ease the tension and calm down your nerves.

I think that’s very uncharitable. I agree that the test should only be attempted when competence and confidence has been achieved.

To say that “any muppet should be able to do it” - IT’S A WIND UP MATE !

Kick this Hoggy geezer off this forum - it’s a disgrace.

I’d like to see him wound up, nervous and stressed out - or maybe he’s one of these mister super cool -been there, seen it, done it, got the t shirt and the soundtrack and anything you can do - I can top it.

Other factors such as nerves and traffic and Ministry of Silly Walks examiners (who may themselves be under pressure for some reason the general public might not like to know- debt, diarrhoe, diabolical nights sleep etc etc) being too stroppy.

The Test is an artificial situation - but it is believed to be the best way to do it at the moment. If people feel we need to lobby for change - lets do so.

I have every sympathy for mutha trucker in feeling nervous. When the traffic is bad it can be a nightmare.

Mutha trucker - big breaths, you can do it and you will pass. Forget that the examiner is there matey - when he gives you instructions - just carry them out the way you’ve been taught and you’ll be home and dry.

All the best. Rant now over.

malc7:
I think that’s very uncharitable. I agree that the test should only be attempted when competence and confidence has been achieved.

To say that “any muppet should be able to do it” - IT’S A WIND UP MATE !

Kick this Hoggy geezer off this forum - it’s a disgrace.

I’d like to see him wound up, nervous and stressed out - or maybe he’s one of these mister super cool -been there, seen it, done it, got the t shirt and the soundtrack and anything you can do - I can top it.

:smiley:

Not at all. I will openly admit that I moofed my class 1 on first shout, but the class 1 test is in another league altogether imho. The class 2 test is just driving an oversized van in reality and if you can’t pass that first time there’s something wrong with you and you’re definitely not cut out to be a driver. :open_mouth: Sorry if that offends you, but the truth often hurts. :open_mouth:

Paul Hoggard:

Ive taken the class 2 twice and failed both times, just like I took my PCV twice and passed on the 2nd…

Yeah the truth hurts … so maybe if you refrain from insulting us ‘muppets’ out here in cyber space - we won’t take offence.

They do say empty vessels often make the most noise.

Would there be any chance you come from Gods own country ■■?

How about some encouragement for our friend muthu-trucker ? Join in with the words of encouragement and solidarity…

Roll on dude, just keep the foot off the mouth pedal.

Paul Hoggard:

CLASS 1 BELL END :unamused:

There’s enough numpties on the road that can’t drive as it is without more being added. If you can’t pass your class 2 first time then you shouldn’t be allowed a second go because it’s that easy.

The problem with new drivers now is they don’t have any interest in driving nor the job and are only doing it because they’ve heard it’s easy money and can’t get a job anywhere else because they don’t have the qualifications.

Paul Hoggard:
The problem with new drivers now is they don’t have any interest in driving nor the job and are only doing it because they’ve heard it’s easy money and can’t get a job anywhere else because they don’t have the qualifications.

if the cap fits :question: :question: :question:

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard, if you cant pass first time you shouldnt be on the road, if you get marked down for undue hessitation or gears, or indication does that mean you cant handle the size of the vehicle, or drive safely ? no it does not it means that on the day you made some small mistakes, no one got killed, but by your thinking, we are bad drivers.

Regardless of my feelings on the subject, in my haste I forgot to wish MUTHA-TRUCKER well for next Friday, so

GOOD LUCK MUTHA-TRUCKER!!! :smiley: :smiley:

mekong:

Paul Hoggard:

CLASS 1 BELL END :unamused:

Couldn`t have put it better myself :wink:

Its a pity we cant all be perfect :angry:

i passed my car test, my class2 and my class1 all first time, the class2 with 2 minors and the class1 with 3 minors but i would never call anyone a muppet for failing their test and the bloke that did in this thread needs a kick up the ar*e, the class2 test isnt a piece of cake at all, its nerve wracking for some people to sit there and have some examiner looking at ur every move and that alone sends some people to pieces and they can be perfect drivers any other time and do 100% in the hours leading up to the test, even just the thought of the word test sends some people to pieces, i found both tests mentaly tiring because u cant relax no matter what anyone says, ur always worrying about doing everything right, have i used the mirrors enough, am i using the gearbox as the examiner is looking for, thousands of things run through ur mind all the time so to say its easy is wrong and to say any muppet can do it is just stupid, everybody is different and everybody learns at their own pace so perhaps if certain forum members cant offer those that arent lucky enough to pass first time some encouragement and help then maybe they should just keep quiet or go and have a play in another forum somewhere else!!

We all know that driving a Cast C is only a large van but…
You are under pressure to drive 100% correctly as you are on test and also most guys have only had a few days with the vehicle so it is still fairly strange to them so remembering everything can be difficult.
There is also the bad luck on the day problem that can happen to the best driver.
Just go out there and do your best and try to relax.
you will make it in the end and have more ‘proper’ driving undr your belt due to taking three tests than those that managed to pass first time so nothing is wasted.

Speaking as one who has to go through this in the New Year, I hope that Paul Hoggard is correct, but if this is the case, why do we have to pay a small fortune to be brought up to the standard required to pass the C test? If it were really that simple, wouldn’t we just hire a lorry for a couple of hours for the test and just breeze through it? I myself can’t comment on the test (I’ve yet to take it after and all!), but I’m sure that the trainers here will readily testify that some learners are naturals and do breeze through, some pick it up quicker than others and others find handling large vehicles a bit of a challenge. I like to think that I’m a good car and van driver, but as I’ve never driven an LGV before, I can only find out about driving them the hard way.

As for the OP, should you still have problems with the gear change on your next test, wait till the New Year - the DSA are doing away with it!! :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

But having said that, I hope you don’t need this safety net and that you sail through this test with flying colours!

Paul Hoggard:

I’ll answer this with a question…
How do get past the “test nerves” problem :question: - no-one has come up with a cure on this site or anywhere else yet

I’ve had FANTASTIC LGV trainees who fail due to test nerves BUT when not on test are as calm as they come.

Why is the gear changing exercise being scrapped? :confused:

gsm31:
Why is the gear changing exercise being scrapped? :confused:

It MAY be scrapped due to the fact that a lot of gear changes are now being done as part of the normal road drive with the introduction of 8 forward gear ratios

first post and all i can say is paul hoggard what a muppet!!!
forgot more then he knows . three goes to get my claas two but when i went for my one passed first time so what does he know? :imp: