Scania R series topline switch question

Hi, I just got a topliner today with the touch screen type radio and buttons on steering wheel type . I came off a 4 series basic truck to this .

I find it a bit technical . I have some things sussed out . one thing is puzzling me and I assume it has it . How do you see the outside temperature
without sticking your head out the window ? :question:

Not sure exactly what you have but in mine in the centre screen screen on the dash it’s in the bottom right, mileage bottom left, time top right etc

DJC:
Not sure exactly what you have but in mine in the centre screen screen on the dash it’s in the bottom right, mileage bottom left, time top right etc

Thanks I will have a better look . its a R490 I don’t know if you call it a griffin or something like that , brand new this morning , and too much to take in after been on an old school

Thanks , I couldn’t see the wood for the trees . Fridge/freezer switch is the next puzzle :laughing:

big-john:
Thanks , I couldn’t see the wood for the trees . Fridge/freezer switch is the next puzzle :laughing:

old school■■?..fridge??.use it to keep your suitcase full of maps cool, :laughing:

dieseldog999:

big-john:

old school■■?..fridge??.use it to keep your suitcase full of maps cool, :laughing:

plenty cupboards for that , might need them mined as I not sure about the built in satnav . It doesn’t even take postcodes . Unless I am been as thick as I was with the temp gauge

this should help
scania.co.uk/Images/Scania_R … 349220.pdf

big-john:

You want to know how to switch it on ? drop door down on the front off the Fridge, pull the N/S drawer out, if you run your hand along the inside top off the fridge space you’ll find the on/off temp control switch, the smaller o/s drawer is the freezer side, its the same rating as the ice box in the top off a domestic fridge. I find that it benefits from the thermostat turned right to full on chill on a Monday morning for a few hours, to get the freezer supa cold, then warm the temp up a little or your milk will freeze in the fridge bit.

Do you have the Microwave pack ?

ps the higher the number on the fridge switch the colder it is :wink:

big-john:
Hi, I just got a topliner today with the touch screen type radio and buttons on steering wheel type . I came off a 4 series basic truck to this .

I find it a bit technical . I have some things sussed out . one thing is puzzling me and I assume it has it . How do you see the outside temperature

I take it no hand book which is one of my biggest hates.
People that take the handbook and then flog them on Ebay just to make a few quid really p’s me …

big-john:

DJC:

Thanks I will have a better look . its a R490 I don’t know if you call it a griffin or something like that , brand new this morning , and too much to take in after been on an old school

You Joucy ■■■■■ I’d give my left nut to be in that.

eddie snax:

big-john:

You want to know how to switch it on ? drop door down on the front off the Fridge, pull the N/S drawer out, if you run your hand along the inside top off the fridge space you’ll find the on/off temp control switch, the smaller o/s drawer is the freezer side, its the same rating as the ice box in the top off a domestic fridge. I find that it benefits from the thermostat turned right to full on chill on a Monday morning for a few hours, to get the freezer supa cold, then warm the temp up a little or your milk will freeze in the fridge bit.

Do you have the Microwave pack ?

ps the higher the number on the fridge switch the colder it is :wink:

Hi, thanks that was very helpful . It good to hear from someone with experience . makes it easier . I am getting old so dont learn as quickly as I did

nick2008:

big-john:

People that take the handbook and then flog them on Ebay just to make a few quid really p’s me …

Hi, I have the hand book . nothing in about where the fridge switch is . Or how to open front grill . Which I still don’t know .

Also whats not in the book and I find annoying, is the central locking on the key fob only unlocks the drivers door . And not the passenger door

big-john:

nick2008:

big-john:

Hi, I have the hand book . nothing in about where the fridge switch is . Or how to open front grill . Which I still don’t know .

Also whats not in the book and I find annoying, is the central locking on the key fob only unlocks the drivers door . And not the passenger door

Try pressing the key fob twice to open the passenger door.
The switch for the fridge will be inside the fridge its self, twist it to switch the fridge on and the higher the number on the dial the colder the fridge will get.
To open the grill there should be a leaver you pull in the drivers side foot well.

Silver_Surfer:

big-john:

DJC:

You Joucy [zb]. I’d give my left nut to be in that.

It’s took a long time . I have been driving an old 420 2002 for the past 5 year . Its a lovely old motor . And despite its age its a minter . I will miss it .

I have been left behind with all the mod cons , so will enjoy the new one very much . First new wagon I ever had . Exciting stuff for my self

Another question . Is the built in sat nav any good ? And can you get it to take post codes ?

tango boy:

big-john:

nick2008:

big-john:

Try pressing the key fob twice to open the passenger door.
The switch for the fridge will be inside the fridge its self, twist it to switch the fridge on and the higher the number on the dial the colder the fridge will get.
To open the grill there should be a leaver you pull in the drivers side foot well.

Champion I will look later today . :sunglasses:

The lever for the grill is on the pillar near the base of the right grab handle…visible when drivers door open, bout 4" long. Or, do as one of the fitters we use on a call out did and just keep pumping on the bar and listen to the crumpling of the grill!!

The leaver to open the grill was ditched about 5? years ago. Just pull it to open.

Just played a bit with the built in navigation and at least over here I won’t recommend it, takes some funny roads to many times. It takes post codes for sure but don’t remember how to do it. I would recommend an after market satnav

Icee:
The leaver to open the grill was ditched about 5? years ago. Just pull it to open.

Just played a bit with the built in navigation and at least over here I won’t recommend it, takes some funny roads to many times. It takes post codes for sure but don’t remember how to do it. I would recommend an after market satnav

my old unit , you just pulled the grill open . But this one needs releasing first .

you would think the sat nav would be a special truck one . I have been going to buy a tomtom truck nav . But held off as I was getting this new wagon with sat nav . if it proves to be ■■■■ I will get the tomtom

big-john:

Icee:

my old unit , you just pulled the grill open . But this one needs releasing first .

you would think the sat nav would be a special truck one . I have been going to buy a tomtom truck nav . But held off as I was getting this new wagon with sat nav . if it proves to be [zb] I will get the tomtom

If so it differs between left and right hand drive. We have 3 streamline and the -12 620 I drive my self you just pull. The -06 R series I drove before on the other hand had a leaver.