Scania R series topline switch question

I had a left ■■■■■■ 51 plate new 144 and you just pulled the grill up. When we got an 03 reg it had a ringpull you had to pull to release a catch to lift the grill.

big-john:

nick2008:

big-john:
Hi, I just got a topliner today with the touch screen type radio and buttons on steering wheel type . I came off a 4 series basic truck to this .

I find it a bit technical . I have some things sussed out . one thing is puzzling me and I assume it has it . How do you see the outside temperature
without sticking your head out the window ? :question:

I take it no hand book which is one of my biggest hates.
People that take the handbook and then flog them on Ebay just to make a few quid really p’s me …

Hi, I have the hand book . nothing in about where the fridge switch is . Or how to open front grill . Which I still don’t know .

Also whats not in the book and I find annoying, is the central locking on the key fob only unlocks the drivers door . And not the passenger door

Doesn’t surprise me with a Skoda… Always have been a bit ergonomically challenged

While we’re on the topic of bizarre switches in scanias, I’d love to know how to be able to operate the reading lamps without having the tray light on. I use the top bunk and always scrabble around in the dark to get up and down. Another thing on the central locking, I can press the button and it’ll lock (2 long flashes of the indicators) but just recently it’s done 5/6 flashes in quick succession? Anybody know anything about that?

DJC:
While we’re on the topic of bizarre switches in scanias, I’d love to know how to be able to operate the reading lamps without having the tray light on. I use the top bunk and always scrabble around in the dark to get up and down. Another thing on the central locking, I can press the button and it’ll lock (2 long flashes of the indicators) but just recently it’s done 5/6 flashes in quick succession? Anybody know anything about that?

That happens sometimes when your mucky box isn’t closed properly.

Icee:
The leaver to open the grill was ditched about 5? years ago. Just pull it to open.

Not in the UK, I’ve got a 13 plate R440, and as already mentioned the grill catch is near the bottom off the O/S A (door) pillar, visible with the door open. I find that the Lever needs to be pulled twice to get it to open, pull the lever then pull the grill.

Was also the same on the 58 plate R420 and 60 plate R440 I’d previously had :wink:

PS on the key fob, there are 4 buttons, top and bottom are open and closed, right will put side lights on, and left will run through the complete light check, bloody handy when doing trailer changes or for walk round check :wink:

eddie snax:

Icee:
The leaver to open the grill was ditched about 5? years ago. Just pull it to open.

Not in the UK, I’ve got a 13 plate R440, and as already mentioned the grill catch is near the bottom off the O/S A (door) pillar, visible with the door open. I find that the Lever needs to be pulled twice to get it to open, pull the lever then pull the grill.

Was also the same on the 58 plate R420 and 60 plate R440 I’d previously had :wink:

PS on the key fob, there are 4 buttons, top and bottom are open and closed, right will put side lights on, and left will run through the complete light check, bloody handy when doing trailer changes or for walk round check :wink:

Amazing that stuff like that differs. It should be -09 they ditched it when the R type II arrived on left hand drive. On the other hand why bother on Right hand, such a small market :wink:

Icee:

eddie snax:

Icee:

Amazing that stuff like that differs. It should be -09 they ditched it when the R type II arrived on left hand drive. On the other hand why bother on Right hand, such a small market :wink:

Maybe the catch is on a L/H/D unit but you don’t see it, as it maybe still on the right pillar but you don’t climb in on that side!!! If you are ‘just pulling it’, it might be busted now anyway! :smiley: I have to pull the grill on the 54plate 420 but the 56plate rigid I used to drive was a ‘pull the handle’ job

Found the alarm issue, somebody reversed into me last week (Queue for pentalvers tilbury on Tuesday morning) and seems to have taken out the alarm sensor in the grille.

On the subject of catches, I have one but it no longer locks it down due to the above :laughing:

big-john:
Fridge/freezer switch is the next puzzle :laughing:

Another thing about the fridge/freezer I remembered as I was cramming a weeks worth off grub into it this morning. The Fridge will switch off when the ignition hasn’t been activated for 24 hrs, so you cant leave anything in it over the weekend, well anything that needs to stay cool anyway :wink:

DJC:
Found the alarm issue, somebody reversed into me last week (Queue for pentalvers tilbury on Tuesday morning) and seems to have taken out the alarm sensor in the grille.

On the subject of catches, I have one but it no longer locks it down due to the above :laughing:

Bloody hell :open_mouth:

Though on the bright side you don’t have to worry about your grill catch for the foreseeable :wink:

eddie snax:

big-john:
Fridge/freezer switch is the next puzzle :laughing:

Another thing about the fridge/freezer I remembered as I was cramming a weeks worth off grub into it this morning. The Fridge will switch off when the ignition hasn’t been activated for 24 hrs, so you cant leave anything in it over the weekend, well anything that needs to stay cool anyway :wink:

good to know . But not a bad point

Nice to see Driver training/handovers are still going strong…

big-john:

nick2008:

big-john:
Hi, I just got a topliner today with the touch screen type radio and buttons on steering wheel type . I came off a 4 series basic truck to this .

I find it a bit technical . I have some things sussed out . one thing is puzzling me and I assume it has it . How do you see the outside temperature
without sticking your head out the window ? :question:

I take it no hand book which is one of my biggest hates.
People that take the handbook and then flog them on Ebay just to make a few quid really p’s me …

Hi, I have the hand book . nothing in about where the fridge switch is . Or how to open front grill . Which I still don’t know .

Also whats not in the book and I find annoying, is the central locking on the key fob only unlocks the drivers door . And not the passenger door

press the key fob twice that opens both doors :sunglasses:

I find if you leave the night lights switched to the on position the fridge doesn’t cut out

If you need more fridge room and don’t need the freezer, slide out the white partion and lower the temp dual to number two, it stops the freezer freezing, I keep cold drinks in the freezer part like that (stays just above freezing) and food will stay chilled on the fridge draw.
At night use the ship setting to arm the alarm on your key fob, it always you to move about in the cab without motion sensors armed, also handy if you want to leave the sun roof or Windows part open in summer.
I think that feature may help if your grill is wired to the alarm to stop ■■■■■ hawks nicking your headlights :wink: