Scania dealer Yesterday

…Wellingborough.
Ethically traded/produced coffee :confused: WTF is that all about, only wanted a drink :confused:
Whats up with these plebs, I don`t give a flying monkeys chuff where my coffee comes from, I just want it to taste good.
Poofs…When will all this rubbish end?..Really, when?

I expect your post is merely a wind up.

Just in case it isn’t, it does represent a particularly thoughtless
and selfish attitude towards our fellow human beings,and shows you in
a very poor light.

Regards,
Nick

Yeah it’s a wind-up.
'Cos there ain’t anyone here who’s a big enough ■■■■ to make that post in seriousness.

cieranc:
Yeah it’s a wind-up.
'Cos there ain’t anyone here who’s a big enough [zb] to make that post in seriousness.

Where’s Toby ? :wink:

aka as “fairtrade” A way for the big retailers to rip you off by pretending to plant a tree somewhere. :smiley:

Don’t think fairtrade is nowt to do with planting trees mate.

More to do with buying the raw product from farmers/suppliers who can prove the workers get paid a fair wage for the graft they do producing the product.

att:
Poofs…When will all this rubbish end?..Really, when?

…and why allude to someone being homosexual just because they don’t give you your preffered brand of coffee?

cieranc:
Don’t think fairtrade is nowt to do with planting trees mate.

More to do with buying the raw product from farmers/suppliers who can prove the workers get paid a fair wage for the graft they do producing the product.

which Tesco isn’t with Florence & Fred.

Buzzwords. Wind Energy - Talking waffle

Ethical - Not getting caught with your hand in the till

Think it’s only the Co-op who have a genuine fair trade policy. Which they’ve had for years, long before it was used as a marketing tool.
They’re the same with buying meat, milk and eggs from farms that have a proven animal welfare record, again they’ve had this policy for years. It’s only recently that the marketing bods started using these policies for adverttising.

cieranc:
Think it’s only the Co-op who have a genuine fair trade policy. Which they’ve had for years, long before it was used as a marketing tool.

Cadburys were fairtrade buyers too, before Kraft. Not sure now.

raymundo:

cieranc:
Yeah it’s a wind-up.
'Cos there ain’t anyone here who’s a big enough [zb] to make that post in seriousness.

Where’s Toby ? :wink:

Safely under medication we hope :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form…I went into a Little Thief a couple of years back and walked out because of the ethically procured coffee…

See, the thing is, when I started my little business, i was given no ‘allowances’, no preferential rates, no special deals on the way I procured sales…I got out into the big wide world and adapted to the markets, used my own nouse.

I dont need to be told how my comestibles have been purchased by the people who want to sell them to me, I want to know that I am getting value and quality, anything else is just complete ball locks......But I guess there are some nambys, even on this forum, who care where everything they eat and drink comes from :unamused:

att:
Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form…I went into a Little Thief a couple of years back and walked out because of the ethically procured coffee…

See, the thing is, when I started my little business, i was given no ‘allowances’, no preferential rates, no special deals on the way I procured sales…I got out into the big wide world and adapted to the markets, used my own nouse.

I dont need to be told how my comestibles have been purchased by the people who want to sell them to me, I want to know that I am getting value and quality, anything else is just complete ball locks......But I guess there are some nambys, even on this forum, who care where everything they eat and drink comes from :unamused:

One would also assume then that you don’t much care about eastern europeans taking work from you by undercutting your rates, let’s face it, the end consumer of the goods you cart around doesn’t much care about who hauled them, merely that they are getting value for money. Why should they care if you go bust as a result and have mouths to feed…

Your choice, I guess you would now walk out of Starbucks, Costa or any where else doing Fairtrade coffee. Most of them now do.

As you mentioned coffee, try doing your business in a developing country, that Fairtrade is designed to assist.
It means getting a fair minimum price for what you’ve produced/done. You wouldn’t argue against that now, would you?

Guess I’m a namby then. :unamused: But as you’ve said you’ve never (knowingly :wink: ) drunk a Fairtrade coffee how would you know how it compares on quality. I will concede they are slightly more expensive.

att:
Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form

I’m sure you don’t.

The idea of ethical trading is to try and right some of the wrongs of the past.
Marketing leeches may have latched onto this but it doesn’t take away from the fact that there is no honour in ripping off people who have virtually
nothing in the first place to furnish the greed of those who already have more than they need.

I expect you have no idea what I am talking about.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

att:
Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form

I’m sure you don’t.

Marketing leeches may have latched onto this but it doesn’t take away from the fact that there is no honour in ripping off people who have virtually
nothing in the first place to furnish the greed of those who already have more than they need.

Regards,
Nick

+1

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick

+1 The fella should visit some rural areas of developing countries and witness the abject poverty - including that of very hard working farmers. He may well then begin to understand and change his tune.

ncooper:

att:

I’m sure you don’t.

Regards,
Nick

The next time he is having a crap cup of coffee, he should read the story of William Tuke.

ncooper:
I’m sure you don’t.

Regards,
Nick

+1

a couple pence on a cup of coffee to make at least a tiny difference - a small price to pay.

Its a ccynical marketing ploy playing on peoples good will.

blog.rippedoffbritons.com/20 … eason.html

Loads more examples too. Everyone wants to help the Africa farmers, someone else mentions Greece and its …“they ca bail themselves out, why should we pay” !!! You just don;t know who to help :smiley: