Scania dealer Yesterday

Driveroneuk:

ncooper:
I expect you have no idea what I am talking about.

Regards,
Nick

+1 The fella should visit some rural areas of developing countries and witness the abject poverty - including that of very hard working farmers. He may well then begin to understand and change his tune.

:laughing: Did that for over 20 years…Been to more third world ‘holes’ than I care to remember. I went to experience the people, the culture and how they do/did things…Not as a mind washed tourist who never experiences the real country :unamused: …And you don`t have to go far in this country, or the rest of Europe to find people living off rubbish tips :exclamation:
Also used to work in the food industry, so know all about ‘organic’ and ‘fair trade’…So I may not be as ignorant, or arrogant, as you perceive me to be…Nice to be pigeon holed though :laughing: …Not.

att:
So I may not be as ignorant, or arrogant, as you perceive me to be…Nice to be pigeon holed though :laughing: …Not.

It’s difficult to misunderstand this

att:
I don`t give a flying monkeys chuff where my coffee comes from, I just want it to taste good.

unless you didn’t really mean it in the first place.

Mike-C:
Its a cynical marketing ploy playing on peoples good will.

Fairtrade is not a cynical marketing ploy, it’s an excellent organisation.
http://www.fairtrade.net/aims_of_fairtrade_standards.html

Supermarkets, however, are a different matter.

Regards,
Nick.

att:
Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form…I went into a Little Thief a couple of years back and walked out because of the ethically procured coffee…

If you are serious, you must be one sad ■■■■■■.

The whole point of fair trade is to improve the lot of poorer people in the world, if that offends you something is seriously wrong in your life.

Truth is, reading your posts on various subjects, you are just a sad attention seeking troll.

I work at a Government installation and we have “Fairtrade” coffee/tea machines, the drinks are free so makes no difference to me if its come from a farm in carabanga or canterbury !! :smiley:

del trotter:

att:
Of course it is serious…I don`t have the time, nor the inclination to care, as to where my preferred food/drink comes form…I went into a Little Thief a couple of years back and walked out because of the ethically procured coffee…

The whole point of fair trade is to improve the lot of poorer people in the world, if that offends you something is seriously wrong in your life.

Truth is, reading your posts on various subjects, you are just a sad attention seeking troll.

Yeah, yer right…Having an alternative veiw to the mainstream, is always going to get you a ‘label’…Fill yer boots.
I am off out to get a canoe and to spend the day on the river…Best way of enjoying nature :sunglasses:

del trotter:

att:

If you believe any of that bull, you are the sad ■■■■■■ here.

Either you have been fully indoctrinated into PC thinking or you are a fully paid up memeber of the thought police, what are you?

ncooper:

att:
So I may not be as ignorant, or arrogant, as you perceive me to be…Nice to be pigeon holed though :laughing: …Not.

It’s difficult to misunderstand this

att:
I don`t give a flying monkeys chuff where my coffee comes from, I just want it to taste good.

unless you didn’t really mean it in the first place.

Mike-C:
Its a cynical marketing ploy playing on peoples good will.

Fairtrade is not a cynical marketing ploy, it’s an excellent organisation.
http://www.fairtrade.net/aims_of_fairtrade_standards.html

Supermarkets, however, are a different matter.

Regards,
Nick.

You obviously blinded by all what your reading, don’t you think it still doesn’t go on.
Fairtrade my arse. Anybody cant paint the purfect picture. IE Few photos Some interesting reading on a website.
How is anyone going to prove different.
The politicians and 3rd world leaders keep us thinging there not milking the aid we send.
Why dont we all get rid of the internet and glossy mags, and buy some bongo drums thats the only way were ever going to find out what really goes on.

Sent from my iPad.

I spend half my life in Zimbabwe, I could tell you what really goes on regarding 3rd world farming and what emancipation has caused , but I dont think I will.

JLS Driver SOS:
I spend half my life in Zimbabwe, I could tell you what really goes on regarding 3rd world farming and what emancipation has caused , but I dont think I will.

Is it like this ?..
britishpathe.com/video/congo … uery/congo

Where we’ve been ‘helping’ the residents of Congo ,now the DRC probably one of the most dangerous places on earth to live !!
Its a great video BTW if you have the time to watch it, real eye opener.

spectron:
You obviously blinded by all what your reading, don’t you think it still doesn’t go on.
Fairtrade my arse. Anybody cant paint the purfect picture. IE Few photos Some interesting reading on a website.
How is anyone going to prove different.
The politicians and 3rd world leaders keep us thinging there not milking the aid we send.
Why dont we all get rid of the internet and glossy mags, and buy some bongo drums thats the only way were ever going to find out what really goes on.
Sent from my iPad.

If I understand you correctly, you doubt that the “Fairtrade” ethic really exists?

Regards,
Nick

Spectron, this is nowt to do with foreign aid being misused.
Nearly all 3rd world countries are corrupt and it’s well known that the vast majority of foreign aid does not get to the people who need it the most.

This is about companies choosing who they deal with based on how the workers on the ground are treat. If they get paid a fair sum, reletive to what the farmer/exporter gets paid, then the big companies will deal with them.
If the workers are little more than slave labour and the exporters/farmers are getting fat off the profits, the fairtrade companies won’t deal with them, it’s really that simple.

I know for a fact that the Co-op have their own dedicated inspectors, who’s job it is to visit these places (usually un-announced) and carry out inspections/audits to ensure the workers are being treated fairly. If they are not being treated fairly, then the Co-op stop trading with them, simple.

So the issue for the farmers and exporters is, if we pay the workers fairly and look after them, then we’ll get bigger orders and more trade. If we don’t, we won’t get any orders from the big fairtrade subscribers.

As said before, some companies (Co-op, Cadburys) have had this policy in place for many years, long before it became widely known or used as a marketing tool. For that reason I don’t think the public are being mis-lead and fed media ■■■■■■■■, the media attention is a relatively recent thing.

cieranc:
As said before, some companies (Co-op, Cadburys) have had this policy in place for many years, long before it became widely known or used as a marketing tool. For that reason I don’t think the public are being mis-lead and fed media [zb], the media attention is a relatively recent thing.

Yeah, pity the Co-Op and Cadburys couldn’t help the Dairy Farmers of Britain, they went bust !!! Never seen no fair trade milk offered either !! :laughing: :laughing:

att:
…Wellingborough.
Ethically traded/produced coffee :confused: WTF is that all about, only wanted a drink :confused:
Whats up with these plebs, I don`t give a flying monkeys chuff where my coffee comes from, I just want it to taste good.
Poofs…When will all this rubbish end?..Really, when?

i thought there special sashes tasted quite nice up there

The ops life must be very dull if all he’s got to rant about is fair trade coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

OVLOV JAY:
The ops life must be very dull if all he’s got to rant about is fair trade coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

The OPs life is very deep, so deep infact, that many have no understanding of what it is I am trying to get at....In that the distraction of many things that we accept, sends us down an avenue, that we unconsiously take every time. The distrction being that we are harming other countires and peoples, when infact we are ■■■■■■ the planet of its resources, that we believe we have a right to do, as we believe we are the most important species, when we are clearly not!

cieranc:
Nearly all 3rd world countries are corrupt and it’s well known that the vast majority of foreign aid does not get to the people who need it the most.

This is about companies choosing who they deal with based on how the workers on the ground are treat. If they get paid a fair sum, reletive to what the farmer/exporter gets paid, then the big companies will deal with them.
If the workers are little more than slave labour and the exporters/farmers are getting fat off the profits, the fairtrade companies won’t deal with them, it’s really that simple.

I know for a fact that the Co-op have their own dedicated inspectors, who’s job it is to visit these places (usually un-announced) and carry out inspections/audits to ensure the workers are being treated fairly. If they are not being treated fairly, then the Co-op stop trading with them, simple.

So the issue for the farmers and exporters is, if we pay the workers fairly and look after them, then we’ll get bigger orders and more trade. If we don’t, we won’t get any orders from the big fairtrade subscribers.

As said before, some companies (Co-op, Cadburys) have had this policy in place for many years, long before it became widely known or used as a marketing tool. For that reason I don’t think the public are being mis-lead and fed media [zb], the media attention is a relatively recent thing.

Sent from my iPad.

cieranc:

How do you know there not dealing with a middle man. 1 business looks good, the other 10 don’t.
You can send as many inspectors as you like.
It’s not hard to scare the poor in to leading the inspectors astray.
What i said about the foriegn aid is an example, it happens all the way down the pecking order, from kings to cooks.
Im a regular visitor to an african country, and have been for the past 10 years,
The amout of times a different picture is painted is unreal.
I dont beleive anything thats printed on the side of a tin, unless ive had a look for myself.
Fair trade my arse, once you’ve got the message how do you know thing arent being done on the cheap.
I think you need to get out more.

Sent from my iPad.

Sent from my iPad.

OVLOV JAY:

I thought that myself